John Stones

Sidzeret

Everton have rejected us 2-3 times, not Stones. His club have to accept our bid so we can negotiate with him. It's possible that he'd sign for us in five minutes.

The whole transfer will be so much smoother if Stones had come out and said he wants the move to happen this window

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole transfer will be so much smoother if Stones had come out and said he wants the move to happen this window

No it wouldn't. Everton would really dig there heels in and of course the British media would get involved. They hate as it is and they'd make sure Stones would become a pantomime villain just for the heinous crime of having ambition and wanting to further his career.

He probably does not want to be pilloried like Delph and Sterling have been.

He'd get a bit of stick initially, but after a season the only people who will care is Everton fans.

Unlike Sterling he'd be taking a massive step up in terms of the size of club so no one would really blame him.

I still don't see the reasoning behind this transfer...

It all but ends the careers of Christensen, Zouma, Kalas and JCS here, and for what? So we can say we've got the next JT 'cos he's English and isn't rubbish?

Please dont tell me you have included Jake Clarke Salter in that list. As if he ever had a chance here. Fact is if Jose thought any of those were ready, they wouldnt be loaned out. Only ones with a chance, albeit however slim, are Kalas and Zouma (who will have a major role to play within 2 years IMO)

Jose says he does not want to talk about players from other clubs, especially now the season is starting. #CFC

The express managed to turn that one sentence in to an article about Jose ruling out a 3rd bid for Stones. Not once did he rule it out, he simply changed his tact on speaking about him after it annoyed Everton while in USA

Please dont tell me you have included Jake Clarke Salter in that list. As if he ever had a chance here. Fact is if Jose thought any of those were ready, they wouldnt be loaned out. Only ones with a chance, albeit however slim, are Kalas and Zouma (who will have a major role to play within 2 years IMO)

And in what way is Zouma not been ready? He's been far more impressive than Stones - he should get his chance, because Terry is going nowhere in the medium term - there is simply no need for a CB right now.

If Jose wants a player it`s best to hope that he gets him. if he doesn`t believe in a player ,not signing any player is gonna change his mind.

JT at his age and with his long list of previous injuries..his form and fitness could fall off the cliff at any time and Cahill although better than he gets the credit for among mostly foreign Chelsea fans is certainly not untouchable. Zouma had a better first season than I expected but not enough to make him our longterm starter just yet.

we didn`t need to sign Ricky when we had Gallas and JT but we did and ended up signing arguably our greatest CB ever from a technical standpoint.

If Jose wants a player it`s best to hope that he gets him. if he doesn`t believe in a player ,not signing any player is gonna change his mind.

JT at his age and with his long list of previous injuries..his form and fitness could fall off the cliff at any time and Cahill although better than he gets the credit for among mostly foreign Chelsea fans is certainly not untouchable. Zouma had a better first season than I expected but not enough to make him our longterm starter just yet.

we didn`t need to sign Ricky when we had Gallas and JT but we did and ended up signing arguably our greatest CB ever from a technical standpoint.

if having brilliant performances against aguero, eriksen, sterling and fellaini (in red hot form) is not enough to make him our longterm starter, then believe me, nothing will ever be.

if having brilliant performances against aguero, eriksen, sterling and fellaini (in red hot form) is not enough to make him our longterm starter, then believe me, nothing will ever be.

There is room for3 long term starters in our defence, im not worried

City and United yes but Liverpool? That was the game he showed he was still raw and if it wasn't for Tibo we would have been down at half time and he would have been as responsible as anyone.

Also Eriksen and Fellani need to be put into context, he was asked to do a job and did it but long term he's a CB so basing things on those two appearances are misguided, I mean take Meireles in the 2012 CL semi, was asked to run around and harass the Barca midfield and did amazing at it, so because he contained Iniesta and Xavi to an extend should we have kept playing him and not signed Matic?

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be ahead of Stones or whatever, but when an argument for a player is listings few games its very misleading, Zouma had the kind of first season I expected from him, very good some games (City), average others (Liverpool) and poor in others (Bradford), the average inconsistent teen/early 20.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You