John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty obvious what's happened here. Instructions have been passed to Stones' respresentitives from CFC to hand in a transfer request so that's in Chelsea's own interest to put the bid in. It's well documented that Chelsea have been looking for Stones to make some sort of indication he's in favour of the move.

I think Everton will now tell us the price Stones can leave for. Probably 40M.

Everton are in a really difficult predicament now and need to be careful. They now have a player who wants out, they have a team offering huge amounts, and I mean huge amounts that can allow them to pursue players that they actually need, they have bought nobody this transfer window.

Exactly what I'm concerned about and what I think will happen. Then United swoop in and pull a Pedro to get revenge and appease their fans.

Hardly.

Everton & Bill Kenright answer to their shareholders, as the common phrase goes 'football is a business.' If they reject £40m on the table, when they're hardly owned by a oligarch, with a serious lack of investment already occuring, then they're going to face serious ramifications.

United won't swoop in because they've already demonstrated how cheap they are on the Pedro deal and Stones has seen how aggressive Chelsea have been in trying to sign him.

Hardly.

Everton & Bill Kenright answer to their shareholders, as the common phrase goes 'football is a business.' If they reject £40m on the table, when they're hardly owned by a oligarch, with a serious lack of investment already occuring, then they're going to face serious ramifications.

United won't swoop in because they've already demonstrated how cheap they are on the Pedro deal and Stones has seen how aggressive Chelsea have been in trying to sign him.

They've also shown that when they really want a player they'll pay absurd fees to get him. It would be a statement signing for them and "get one over" on a rival.

Wouldn't put it past them at least trying by matching whatever we bid for him.

I don't know what Stones will decide to do, but considering we've been the ones linked to him all transfer window, it would seem odd for him to hand in a transfer request and then move to Man Utd. I guess we will see.

They've also shown that when they really want a player they'll pay absurd fees to get him. It would be a statement signing for them and "get one over" on a rival.

Wouldn't put it past them at least trying by matching whatever we bid for him.

Again, I don't see it happening. They've been reluctant to enter a bidding war with anyone as it is & because of Van Gaal they're missing out on more and more signings. All it'll take is the infamous 'phone call' from Mourinho and Stones will arrive.

Exactly what I'm concerned about and what I think will happen. Then United swoop in and pull a Pedro to get revenge and appease their fans.

Okay. You need to stop saying that. You have done it for a millionth time FFS! :doh:

If United really wanted him, they would have registered their interest and submitted their bid for him by now. The fact that they haven't done so means they aren't really interested in getting him. If they do, it would feel like a smack of desperation at this point.

Hardly.

On that subject, here's an article talking about the Everton fans' unhappiness with their board.

Everton protests grow louder as club fail to keep pace in Premier League

Let's be honest - live in London, play under Mourinho and take over from Terry or live in Manchester, listen to pig face and babysit Smalling. Hmm, tough choice.

I don't think Smalling will need any babysitting ITF. Looks like he will become a solid defender IMO.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You