John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you say makes sense, but nothing at this point would make them explode with joy after the perceived Pedro "snub" than them storming in at the 11th hour and stealing our main target.

After all that big talk all summer from their idiot of a chairman about how much money they have and how they can afford any player in the world, they'd look extremely bad if they don't get anyone else. They ain't getting Bale, Neymar, or Müller. If they can get the best young English defender AND get one over on us their fans would love it.

But this late in the window? Talk about showing conviction in trying to get the best young English CB. Only United fans with red tinted glasses would view this as a triumph over us. Logically, do they even need Stones? They already have Jones, Smalling, Evans and (even) Blind playing at CB. If anything, they need a top class/experienced CB right now, not another young central defender and United have more urgent issues in other areas to solve, like their ST department for instance.

Hand has a serious case of carpal tunnel claw after scrolling through the 50pages/hour stones thread on grandoldteam.

Some of them are shook, some of them are deluded, but amongst the shouts of 'Judas' I'd say most of them are resigned to the fact Kenwright will probably sell. Here's hoping.

But this late in the window? Talk about showing conviction in trying to get the best young English CB. Only United fans with red tinted glasses would view this as a triumph over us. Logically, do they even need Stones? They already have Jones, Smalling, Evans and (even) Blind playing at CB. If anything, they need a top class/experienced CB right now, not another young central defender and United have more urgent issues in other areas to solve, like their ST department for instance.

All very true.

Though, I'd rather have Stones than any of their CB's and I'd certainly rather have him starting than a midfielder like Blind. He hasn't really been tested in any of their games so he looks decent so far.

You're right that they need an experienced, top class CB but there really aren't any out there who are available. Ramos, Otamendi, and Hummels are all off the table. They could just say "fuck it" and bid for Stones who -like Shaw- can anchor their defense for the next 10 years.

Honestly, could we not loan them Zouma as a counterweight? That would help with the urgent need of a replacement this late in the window for Everton.

I of course want him to come back as I think he has the potential to be right up there. I just think that if we have both Zouma and Stones in the squad, one will see his game time reduced by quite a lot, and it will not be the £35m signing. This way we get who we want, while our other promising CB gets a seasons worth of football at a high level.

Win-win (except for Everton I guess, but who gives a fuck) in my opinion.

Honestly, could we not loan them Zouma as a counterweight? That would help with the urgent need of a replacement this late in the window for Everton.

I of course want him to come back as I think he has the potential to be right up there. I just think that if we have both Zouma and Stones in the squad, one will see his game time reduced by quite a lot, and it will not be the £35m signing. This way we get who we want, while our other promising CB gets a seasons worth of football at a high level.

Everton wouldn't play him out of spite.

Fwiw, a bloke I talk to on Twitter who has a contact at Utd said Stones is joining us, but it's being held up until Everton sort out a replacement.

I asked if that was through his contact and he said yeah-they've been mates (Stones and the contact) for a while and wanted his advice. Then Stones handed in the TR the following day.

Neither he or I claim to be ITK (far from it actually) but just thought I'd share what he told me.

with the way JT and cahill started the season, we'll probably need both stones and zouma at some point this season i think

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You