Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland

Jase

Man of the Match  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

In what world was Willian awful?

He was decent enough. Big energy, Assisted a goal, put in plenty of good crosses, and set up a clear chance for Ba. Exactly what you would want from a creator.

He was far from awful.

Willian was decent, especially in his defensive work, but he isn't really a creator and never looked a goal threat - same is true of Oscar

Lack of quality and character going forward and devastated for Azpi because he's deserved more than that for the season he's had. But too many players disappeared or simply didn't do enough.

The strikers simply aren't good enough and the midfielders simply aren't in-form. Oscar was terrible, Willian wasn't much better and Ramires was an utter embarrassment to us. Could blame the ref but when you put in a performance like that then you leave yourself open to those types of incidents.

Make no mistake - we threw the league away through lack of quality and lack of character. Too much dead wood.

William made ​​an excellent match. You simply summarizes the analysis of a game in defeat and victory. You need to be less emotional or wear a glasses.

Im just gonna shut myself off from all football media sources this mext week. Dont want to know what the sceneraios are, or what is needed to win the title.

This will be a tough 7 days. Damn.

Do we honestly deserve it now? I dont think so.

Would hope we can do something special in the UCL, looks like the league is gone, and City are now back in it.

This fucking cut me deep man, not even gonna lie. Just can't believe we came so close, but yet so far.

#KTBFFH.

The ref was terrible, that was never a pen. But yes, Ramires should also have been sent off and coming up with conspiracies is leading nowhere, especially when Chelsea has gotten decisions like the one against West Brom this season.

All in all, a team that lacks balls, which will hopefully be fixed this summer.

I do get why people are mad at the referee, but seriously that wasn't the reason for our defeat. It was those 11 players of the pitch.

Exactly.We were wasteful which was costly.That pen may have meant nothing had we put chances away.Didnt.

Anybody see the Jose post match

"I have only 4 things to say

"Congratulations to my players because they gave what they have or what they don't have.

Congratulations to Sunderland because they won.

Congratulations to Mike Dean because he had a fantastic performance.

And congratulations to Mike Riley for what they've done to make the season the way it is."

Then he walked off. Seething.