Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland

Jase

Man of the Match  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Give it a fucking rest dude! There have been poor decisions that have impacted the game!! SIMPLE AND PLAIN AS DAY.

Well we had chances where we could've finished the game, but guess what.

Well we had chances where we could've finished the game, but guess what.

Ya the ref blew the fucking call! The foul on Ramires and the "foul" on Matic when JT scored. We don't have the most clinical squad and we've been punished even further by poor refereeing decisions.

But overall we've been helped more by referee decisions that hurt by them. We've had a whole bunch of bad calls, much worse than the penalty one go our way. We didn't lose to Sunderland because of poor refereeing, we lost because we were poor. We've been poor for much of the season. This was the last place team at home. Nobody's fault but our own that we didn't win.

Yes, I know and I agree but only trying to look at both sides of the coin.

So disappointing.. I get that we're not the most talented squad and weren't favorites to win it all? But when were put in a situation where all we hav to do is beat bottom feeders and mid table teams,to win the title.. and not be able to beat them... It's just gut wrenching. No excuses for losing to the weakest team in the league at home, when u have everything to play for.

The bizarre part about that Mata situation was how some on here kept blaming him for our poor league form in the past two seasons much in the same way people are now blaming our strikers for losses against Sunderland, Villa, Crystal Palace etc. Such simplistic thinking, it's unreal. Mata scored 12 goals and 12 assists in an under-performing team, sad how people just dis-valued that.02

Oscar was on form at that time, no one expected this kind of collapse from him.

Mata is far more consistent and we ended up missing that sadly.

So our 0-0 draw away to United wasn't anything to do with the lack of a striker? OK.

A striker should help to create chances by dragging players out of position and creating space. Eto'o doesn't do that. Ba doesn't do that. Torres doesn't do that.

Nor do they provide a rough ride for defenders through their physicality. Nor do they provide a decent aerial threat for crosses.

We do struggle against teams that defend deep against us, but I think the problem lies with our clearly inadequate strike-force. I've explained this to you time and time again.

I just saw your post, I don't know who u were talkin to but its just funny how we've underestimated the importance of a proper striker. But we all watched drogba carry an average side to win the champions league with vital goals and physically making life difficult for defenders.

What do our strikers offer???? Pace? no

physicality? No

long range goals? No individualistic goals like even sterling does? No

They can only score when placed with the ball 5yards in front of goal and people are wondering why its easy to shut us out. We are all looking for entertaining football but we played that last season without strikers and we finished 15 points behind champions and out of the title race by January.

Strikers are the most important part of a top team.

Blame the ref all you want, but he's not the we were missing chance after chance yesterday..

- Terry/Matic legit but disallowed goal NOT a ref call.

- Ramirez clobbered by Larsson in front of the open net [red card+penalty] NOT a ref non-call.

- Azpi/Altidore fake penalty NOT a ref call.

And the linesman that made ALL these decisions is from Liverpool. Definitely non-biased.

</sarc>

- Terry/Matic legit but disallowed goal NOT a ref call.

- Ramirez clobbered by Larsson in front of the open goal [red card+penalty] NOT a ref non-call.

- Azpi/Altidore fake penalty NOT a referee call.

And the linesman that made ALL these decisions is from Liverpool. Definitely non-biased.

</sarc>

So?

Ba's Miss? Etoo's Miss?

People confusing officiating with a poor game. Just cause we had a poor game infront of goal doesn't mean officiating needs to be done by someone who's suffering with autism. Guaranteed we made things worse for ourselves but that does NOT justify the pathetic state of refereeing.

Missing chances doesn't justify the poor refereeing decisions!

People confusing officiating with a poor game. Just cause we had a poor game infront of goal doesn't mean officiating needs to be done by someone who's suffering with autism. Guaranteed we made things worse for ourselves but that does NOT justify the pathetic state of refereeing.

That's for Sure.

But We have to blame ourselves too.

That's for Sure.

But We have to blame ourselves too.

I'm not saying we have to praise ourselves either. This was bound to be expected as we weren't able to pick out a proper striker for this season.

But we would actually have had atleast a close 2-1 win if the referee had his mind set right. We would have grinded out a result just like against Swansea (where we also missed a bucket load of chances) .

I'm not saying we have to praise ourselves either. This was bound to be expected as we weren't able to pick out a proper striker for this season.

But we would actually have had atleast a close 2-1 win if the referee had his mind set right. We would have grinded out a result just like against Swansea (where we also missed a bucket load of chances) .

You sure 100% we would score the penalty? no lamps or hazard.

And we could concede more with that shaky defence against Wickham...