Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland

Jase

Man of the Match  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

6 were from outside the area.

30 chances. Same against West Ham and that's with the non-existent movement of our fraudulently-named strikers. You have your opinion, I have mine. Let's just agree to disagree (unless you want to suggest you've actually been wrong at which point you'll find my full agreement winging it's way towards you).

LOL keep denying mate. Only 1-2 real chances created and None of the attackers even had a good game and that was a good attacking display? smh. all this at home to the bottom team

Costa or whoever wont solve things alone. Oscar, Willian etc..sometimes play like they are worst attackers in the league, making wrong decisions, having ending product worse than Torres etc. They have to step up against any kind of opponent, but they cant even crack Sunderland ffs.

Not sure if this has already been posted but the linesman is from Liverpool. No wonder he didn't give a foul for the push on Ramires for the header (which would've been a penalty + red card), disallowed Terry's goal because of an apparent 'push' by Matic and awarded them a penalty when Altidore essentially dived. Unbelievable.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jake-collin/35/659/560

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/other-sport/corinthian-jake-collin-journey-city-3382790

Not sure if this has already been posted but the linesman is from Liverpool (https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jake-collin/35/659/560). No wonder he didn't give a foul for the push on Ramires for the header (which would've been a penalty + red card), disallowed Terry's goal because of an apparent 'push' by Matic and awarded them a penalty when Altidore essentially dived.

Why does that not surprise me. they wanted anyone but us to win it. They hate us the shocking refereeing all season has been blatant.

I wish City had just beat Sunderland I had kinda given up on the league then I got sucked back in hopeful, wishful to be crushed worse today, so upset.

Ok if we had lost fairly but cheated AGAIN

Don't worry it will continue in CL no way they want us to be in the final NO WAY

LOL keep denying mate. Only 1-2 real chances created and None of the attackers even had a good game and that was a good attacking display? smh. all this at home to the bottom team

Actually it was a poor attacking performance in terms of what our striker was doing. Eto'o's lack of movement and off the ball running is actually quite surprising.

What Costa does is constantly make these runs. When we have players do this then we'll have more from our attacking midfielders.

You also have to give Sunderland credit. They put in a fantastic display and we had no-one to provide that spark of magic today.

Funny that if you put professional footballers in front of the goal then it's harder to score.

We've scored two goals away from home against the big teams as well. Again I love the narrative you've bought into, but I just don't agree with it when I compare it with what actually happens in the matches. Shame really.

And what was the movement of the strikers like when players were advancing with the ball? I agree Eto'o should at some point be immortalised as a statue, I just don't think it should be when Azpi is looking to cross the ball to him.

Because we created sooo many clear cut chances today right? As I said before, from open play there were only two chances that were quality, and that's not good enough. It's been a recurring theme this season - sometimes we'll take those chances which glosses over the average performance, sometimes we won't, just like today.

I don't know why you keep trying to bring up our performances against big teams either, our strategy and performances against those have been more than fine. I don't know why you can't accept that our main problem this season is the struggle to break down the smaller teams. We lost the title due to these, not due to our performances in big games.

There wasn't one good performance today, it was either average or well below par.

Ramires, Oscar, Salah and also Ivanovic were HORRID, RIDICOLOUS today: so, no matter how much strong your team is, you can't win with 4 less players on the football pitch.

But this doesn't mean the rest of the team played a bad game.

Ramires, Oscar, Salah and also Ivanovic were HORRID, RIDICOLOUS today: so, no matter how much strong your team is, you can't win with 4 less players on the football pitch.

But this doesn't mean the rest of the team played a bad game.

It wasn't good enough, did you see the full time result?

Not sure if this has already been posted but the linesman is from Liverpool. No wonder he didn't give a foul for the push on Ramires for the header (which would've been a penalty + red card), disallowed Terry's goal because of an apparent 'push' by Matic and awarded them a penalty when Altidore essentially dived. Unbelievable.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jake-collin/35/659/560

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/other-sport/corinthian-jake-collin-journey-city-3382790

There is a snippet on a Wikipedia page that said the FA replaced him in the 2006 FA cup final because of concerns over his ability to remain impartial with Liverpool in the game.

Although, as The Only Place To Be rightly pointed out. He could have sent of Ramires too. Conclusion he is an awful referee but we can't just go about blaming refs. 10 points dropped in 10 games is poor. Liverpool have won their passed 10.

Because we created sooo many clear cut chances today right? As I said before, from open play there were only two chances that were quality, and that's not good enough. It's been a recurring theme this season - sometimes we'll take those chances which glosses over the average performer, sometimes we won't, just like today.

I don't know why you keep trying to bring up our performances against big teams either, our strategy and performances against those have been more than fine. I don't know why you can't accept that our main problem this season is the struggle to break down the smaller teams. We lost the title due to these, not due to our performances in big games.

So our 0-0 draw away to United wasn't anything to do with the lack of a striker? OK.

A striker should help to create chances by dragging players out of position and creating space. Eto'o doesn't do that. Ba doesn't do that. Torres doesn't do that.

Nor do they provide a rough ride for defenders through their physicality. Nor do they provide a decent aerial threat for crosses.

We do struggle against teams that defend deep against us, but I think the problem lies with our clearly inadequate strike-force. I've explained this to you time and time again. I can't explain it any more clearly so I think I'll just stop bothering.

Actually it was a poor attacking performance in terms of what our striker was doing. Eto'o's lack of movement and off the ball running is actually quite surprising.

What Costa does is constantly make these runs. When we have players do this then we'll have more from our attacking midfielders.

You also have to give Sunderland credit. They put in a fantastic display and we had no-one to provide that spark of magic today.

everything wasn't eto'o's fault. way too much blame on the strikers when the attacking mids had an average game in truth

and btw, chelsea had a lot more than 6 shots from outside the box

I hate assuming signings would magically improve the team, it's more about the details in our attacking play. Something needs to be done about that in the summer by Jose, it's the worst Mourinho side I've ever seen since.