West Brom v Chelsea

Jase

Damn! Thought JT's "injury" was just a precautionary rest for Newcastle. Thought he could've played that one if necessary but I guess not.

Matic must 100% start now. Like someone said, if we line up with any other pivot in addition to the Luiz/Cahill partnership we'll be too exposed.

No JT is a massive miss in a game like this. Need Cahill to continue his good form and hope Luiz puts in a solid performance. West Brom away are a different proposition from Newcastle at home and maybe we'll see Mikel thrown in alongside Matic to keep things a little tighter.

If we can keep things even at the back then we can look for our front four to provide that touch of magic. Horrible match though and a potential banana skin.

who ever says we should field a weaker team for the sake of rotation or whatever, is a twat .. le arse are playing man utd and we have a decent chance of creating a gap ..

eto'o

hazard oscar willian

matic luiz

azpilicueta jt gc ivanovic

cech

3-1 chelsea, COYB!!!

:clap::Goober: nice one...you think west brom is going to score against us!!

As much as we may miss Terry, they'll miss Olsen more. No Sessegnon or Anelka for them either.

We've done poorly at their ground for a few seasons now and this will be a big test of the teams resilience, work ethic and skill.

The pitch looks poor and with the game being at night and under lights I've no doubt their crowd will be up for it. We should try to deny them as much of the ball as is possible in the first part of the game and look to exploit their defensive frailties that are showing up under Pepe Mel.

Motivated they are a good side, remember the lesson we got from them at the Bridge!

It will be interesting to see how they (WBA) set up for the game, go for it or sit back at home? They are not in the best run of form right now and this game may just be the catalyst Mel needs to gee them up. This is another huge game - We've our noses in front, by a short head/nostrils (see what I did there). the trick now is keep the pressure up on the chasers by keeping winning.

Can't afford to ease off and play any squad players like Schwarzer. Play the absolute strongest side and play like we have been. We need to insure we get as many wins as possible before the fixture list starts getting congested again. Hell, I wouldn't even mind playing a lineup similar to the City match with Luiz/Matic/Ramires against West Brom. Anything to ensure the win. We can't claim the top spot and then lose it within days.

This week can become even better than this past one if we win and Agent Mata helps United down Arse.

The season is long and we'll be playing alot of games in CL and the FA cup aswell.

We cannot field our strongest team against every team. And especially against teams such as WBA (and especially regarding their current situation) we need to rotate.

And rotation is also something we know Mourinho wants to do so I am positive we'll see some changes for this game.

:clap::Goober: nice one...you think west brom is going to score against us!!

Complacency and arrogance is a short cut to failure. I'd rather we put maximum effort in this and not underestimate our opponents than slate the team for not performing against a 'small' team. You must respect your opposition.

Terry being out is a blow. Luiz looked shaky on numerous occasions against Newcastle. I hope it's not a problem. And of course we have to play the strongest available team. We have a break of 4 days till the City game and then a whole 7 days of rest till we play Everton in the league.

Complacency and arrogance is a short cut to failure. I'd rather we put maximum effort in this and not underestimate our opponents than slate the team for not performing against a 'small' team. You must respect your opposition.

imo complacency is but not arrogance born out of confidence and self belief....but yup shouldnt underestimate a 'small' team but dont think we should overestimate them either...just the right amount of respect ...

Big game. Their new manager Pepe Mel has lost both of his away games in charge but got very good points at home to Everton and Liverpool (albeit with lots of luck against Liv).

Our record at the Hawthorns in recent years is poor. AVB and Di Matteo both lost their jobs days after losing here - it's a poisoned chalice! Thankfully I think Jose is safe regardless of the result tomorrow night :P

No Terry is a miss but we've been lucky with injuries this season so can't complain too much. Their captain and best defender is out (Olsson), as are their creative hub (Sessegnon) and Anelka, who would be bound to score against us!

No complacency with team selection, I'd be happy with:

CECH

IVANOVIC

CAHILL

LUIZ

AZPILICUETA

RAMIRES

MATIC

OSCAR

WILLIAN

ETO'O

HAZARD

Their strikers are poor so JT shouldn't be missed in theory.

Prediction: WEST BROM 0-2 CHELSEA (HAZARD, OSCAR)

Come on you Blues!