Southampton v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cos except for that one goal, he was PATHETIC in every sense of the word. could have even given away a penalty.

Guess Drogba was an idiot as well against Barcelona, with that penalty-gift to Barcelona, no?

Or, again Drogba, he made a stupid foul that cost his team a penalty against Senegal during 2014 WC qualifying; two times idiot, don't you think?

The truth is that when a striker comes back to help defending is always a display of commitment: Oscar negligently lost the ball and Eto'o made all the pitch in reverse in order to help defending; also, Suarez had already lost possession way before the contact, so how can it be a penalty without a ball...

Eto'o gave everything on the pitch and came out with cramps; the only real stupid thing he did has been the foul of the Liverpool's goal: dangerous, useless and totally uncalled for.

Finally, Eto'o performance is rated 7.2 out of 10 on WhoScored: yeah, really PATHETIC.

Did you even saw Torres today. His solitary run made my day, after that Hazard strike, of course.

Oh yes, his beautiful run against an injured defender endend with a pass to the keeper. Wow.

Guess Drogba was an idiot as well against Barcelona, with that penalty-gift to Barcelona, no?

So you're comparing a striker making a mis-timed tackle in order to stop an attack with Eto'o taking Suarez out off the ball when there was absolutely no need to? He gave away a stonewall penalty for NO REASON and we're lucky Webb didn't give it.

So you're comparing a striker making a mis-timed tackle in order to stop an attack with Eto'o taking Suarez out off the ball when there was absolutely no need to? He gave away a stonewall penalty for NO REASON and we're lucky Webb didn't give it.

Suarez was already without the ball: when the contact happened, the ball was already in Chelsea's feet, more than a meter away.

Eto'o has been reckless, yes, but I only see in it the positive intention to help a teammate.

Too much hype for nothing.

It was all nothing Suarez is a diving ***

Forget it WE WON!!!

Actually this is not dive, because there really is a contact, but it happens when Suarez hasn't the ball in his feet: indeed he already lost it before.

Anyway yes, forget it: victory for Chelsea after a well-played game; that's all that matters.

First we need same attention and good play in defence like in last 3 games. My main fear is that players will relax as Southamton is down the table, not good, haven't won a game in a long time etc... It's the only thing that can cost us points. If we keep doing what we were doing against Liverpool or even Arsenal, we should have it in the bag.

I'd still put Eto'O in front. For all weaknesses his game currently has, he's at least trying and he still - for me - looks the most likely to find scoring form.

Or, again Drogba, he made a stupid foul that cost his team a penalty against Senegal during 2014 WC qualifying; two times idiot, don't you think?

The truth is that when a striker comes back to help

defending is always a display of commitment: Oscar negligently lost the ball and Eto'o made all the pitch in reverse in order to help defending; also, Suarez had already lost possession way before the contact, so how can it be a penalty without a ball...

Eto'o gave everything on the pitch and came out with cramps; the only real stupid thing he did has been the foul of the Liverpool's goal: dangerous, useless and totally uncalled for.

Finally, Eto'o performance is rated 7.2 out of 10 on WhoScored: yeah, really PATHETIC.

Oh yes, his beautiful run against an injured defender endend with a pass to the keeper. Wow.

First thing first, Dd's penalty against barca was a dive from cesc. Also it was a tackle dd had to make for the team not one like etoo where he simply and stupidly just held his foot and tripped a known diver and actor in suarez.

So if whoscored rated etoo 7.2 that means he must have plaued well? Watch a match once in a while. His hold up play- pathetic. His link up play - pathetic, infact he just got in between our 3AMs most of the time. I still remember that counter started by Wizard, then the ball went to oscar who passed it to etoo who doodled so long off the ball that pool ckeared easily. Etoo had a poor match and anyone who actually saw it would agree. All he did was give mignolet a chance to fuck up!!! And mignolet dibt disappoint.

Compare this to the performances put in by nando this season against big clubs like spurs and city and u woukd know tge difference. Even more reasin to start nando woukd have been his will to perform well against his okd ckub which he showed in his 3-4minutes.

As far as etoo's cramps are concerned, they must have been cos he is a 34 yr old striker , probably out of his depth and was starting his 2nd match in 3 days.

The truth is that when a striker comes back to help defending is always a display of commitment: Oscar negligently lost the ball and Eto'o made all the pitch in reverse in order to help defending; also, Suarez had already lost possession way before the contact, so how can it be a penalty without a ball...

Eto'o had an average game. I was almost invisible in the first half before the goal.

If you say average I agree with you: aside from the goal, he played way better in other games and I've also said it in his topic.

If, on the other hand, the word is pathetic, then I disagree.

Average =/= Pathetic.

Still buzzing from beating the scummers so I hope we grab some much needed momentum and bag three points here against tough opposition.

Id play:

Cech

Azpi Cahill Terry Cole

Rambo Mikel

Hazard Mata Schurrle

Torres

- Picked Nando over Eto'o because, besides the goal, I thought Sammy had a pretty average game with some awful tackling decisions thrown in. I also want Torres to score.

- Thought Schurrle would get a start, especially after the work rate of the attacking three against Liverpool. 2/3 to be rested. Cannot stop Hazard at the moment so he has to play.

Hopeful of a sneaky 1-0 win here with Hazard on the scoresheet. Come on Chelseaaaaaaa!