Southampton v Chelsea

Jase

Guess Drogba was an idiot as well against Barcelona, with that penalty-gift to Barcelona, no?

Or, again Drogba, he made a stupid foul that cost his team a penalty against Senegal during 2014 WC qualifying; two times idiot, don't you think?

The truth is that when a striker comes back to help defending is always a display of commitment: Oscar negligently lost the ball and Eto'o made all the pitch in reverse in order to help defending; also, Suarez had already lost possession way before the contact, so how can it be a penalty without a ball...

Eto'o gave everything on the pitch and came out with cramps; the only real stupid thing he did has been the foul of the Liverpool's goal: dangerous, useless and totally uncalled for.

Finally, Eto'o performance is rated 7.2 out of 10 on WhoScored: yeah, really PATHETIC.

Oh yes, his beautiful run against an injured defender endend with a pass to the keeper. Wow.

did torres give away a free kick so they could score? and if you remember etoo lost the ball against stoke so they could win it.... Get a grip

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're comparing a striker making a mis-timed tackle in order to stop an attack with Eto'o taking Suarez out off the ball when there was absolutely no need to? He gave away a stonewall penalty for NO REASON and we're lucky Webb didn't give it.

here here! and not to forget his needless tackle that led to Liverpool's goal! he bring absolutely nothing to the squad.

Says the one with a Torres avatar :rolleyes:

won us the city game..practically won us the europa league , won the corner in the champions league final , scored to ease the tension in the nou camp....Torres has done a load for the club , Eto'o could have lost us that game in the first 5 mins when he should have been sent off , then again when they should have had a penalty!

Cech

Azpi Cahill Terry Cole

Mikel Ramires

Schurrle Oscar Hazard

Torres

I'd go with the same.

I don't think this match is that much fitting for Mata as I see him in some lineups. I think if we won't play Willian we can't afford not to play Oscar and I guess Willian is tired after too many minutes lately (in consecutive matches, including 120 against Sunderland). I also think it's fitting for Schürrle to play against them because of his pace. So for me it's either what you suggested or Willian - Mata - Hazard. I'd take your suggestion though, but I guess Jose will repeat Will-Oscar-Eden

won us the city game..practically won us the europa league , won the corner in the champions league final , scored to ease the tension in the nou camp....Torres has done a load for the club , Eto'o could have lost us that game in the first 5 mins when he should have been sent off , then again when they should have had a penalty!

So Eto'o scoring the winner against Liverpool is nothing but Torres scoring the winner (his only great game for the club) is? :rolleyes:

And you mention Eto'o and the penalty in the same game he scored a winner but Torres nearly undone all the hard work at Barca by losing the ball 25 yards out and not even bothering to try and win it back, Bosingwa (off all players) prevented a two on one against Cech straight after Torres mistake. He either went upfield in a sulk or took an insane gamble, i will give him the benefit of the doubt it's the latter.

Then there was the "he didn't care" comment's, aswell as walking down the tunnel at QPR, stinking the pitch out with his shit performances and shit effort while, even worse, a young hungry striker who average's nearly a goal a game this season for another club now, was kicking his heals on the bench.

Atleast with Samuel if he has the ball in a tight space, often he will come out of it with the ball firmly on his feet, Torres or Ba? not a chance.

The whole episode has been one big nightmare, and what's worse we are probably only half way through.

Eto'o's not an issue in the grande scheme of things, he will be gone at the end of the season and for a free transfer we have got about as much as we can hope for, Torres has cost us over £100m and still has two and a half years left on his 180k p/w contract.

Willan, Hazard , Oscar....... W.H.O are ya :D

Willan, Hazard , Oscar. Mata. W.H.O.M do you think you are..

Willan, Hazard , Oscar....... W.H.O are ya :D

Willan, Hazard , Oscar. Mata. W.H.O.M do you think you are..

Wizardo should be their surname :D

Those three complement each other very well.

William and Oscar are such workhorse, with those two, Hazard has very often one of these two as a support when he has beaten a player to start a break or to play little deviations higher in the pitch to one of them running. They are all good at these little quick lay-offs. In the first half against Liverpool, the little lay-offs between them was a joy to watch and must have been depressing to the liverpool guys pressing. They would run their sock off to close one of them and when they would close them, the ball was already moving to another attacking midfielder :yay: :yay:

Essien to score with a volley. How great will that be?

It would probly be into our net the form he has shown;looks like he might go out on loan if the reports are true but we deffo need a new Essien or two asap,ps im just as sad as anyone that M.Essien career has been ruined by those injuries

I doubt Mourinho will rest anyone of the attacking three with the FA cup match coming up (wich should be a freeride). Hazard has played the most recently, starting all our christmas period matches. Willian got rested at Swansea and Oscar missed the Arsenal game. Torres might get the nod but i don't think so.

Eto'o

Hazard - Oscar - Schürrle

Ramires - Mikel

Cole - Terry - Cahill - Azpilicueta

Cech

If Eto'o is up for playing another game with so little recovery time in between then give him the start, otherwise play Torres. Hazard in his current form is a no-brainer but for the other two AMs it's a much harder decision. Mata didn't feature at all against Arsenal or Liverpool and only played 70 minutes in the Swansea match so he's fresh but against Southampton's energetic midfield I would much rather play Oscar through the middle and either Willian or Schürrle out wide.

Ramires to return after his suspension and he should take his place alongside Mikel. Defense pretty much picks itself with Luiz suspended and Ivanovic picking up a knock against Liverpool.