Southampton v Chelsea

Jase

I think we're coming up against Southampton at the right time. They've been on a bad run of form (albeit vs top teams), had lots of injuries to key players and clearly lack depth so will be playing with lots of players against us who are either knackered or just came back from injuries. Not saying some of our players won't be tired but I'd expect Jose to rotate a bit for this, possibly see Cole, Schurrle and Mata coming in and a fresh Ramires will be a major plus. Plus we're coming in to this game off the back of a good point at Arsenal, typical-Jose win against Swansea and excellent win over Liverpool so confidence is growing in our camp.

Will Eto'o keep his place? That's an interesting one. I'm one of those hoping we give one of our strikers a run but a) he wasn't particularly good aside from scoring on Sunday, b ) might be tired from playing both games over Christmas and c) January is around the corner, we're almost certainly going to upgrade on our attack so giving one of the current strikers a run of games isn't perhaps essential. Ba's got a fantastic record against Southampton but I'd imagine Torres to come in for Eto'o if anyone.

I really rate Saints but they are struggling a bit at the moment for various reasons so I fancy us to take the points. Their pressing game will be sluggish due to injuries and tiredness and Jose adapted brilliantly in-game against them at the Bridge to help us turn the game around just last month. Go direct against them seems to be the best approach.

Hazard to bag the winner in a hard-fought 0-1 win for the Blues. Happy New Year to all :D

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He maybe fresh but the pressing and tracking of Willian, Oscar and Hazard last game was a joy.

It was a joy to see them out fight liverpool, but dangerous to play all three again or they will all be tired at the same time. Even eto shouldnt play again since he played against swansea and liverpool.

It was a joy to see them out fight liverpool, but dangerous to play all three again or they will all be tired at the same time. Even eto shouldnt play again since he played against swansea and liverpool.

The players have had a few days rest up until tomorrow, and for team fluidity, which for me is what we lack because of the constant changes etc we need to keep that three to start.

We need to start finding that starting balance, the starting eleven we look to and think 'Yep that's the one' Hazard, Willian and Oscar have earned the right to start that game from what we saw against Liverpool, no changes unless injuries but we must start that trio. I don't like the word rest, players want to play and for team fluidity they need to play for themselves and consistency levels.

@setoo9 Bonne Annee 2014 a tous! Feliz año 2014 a Todos! I wish you a happy & healthy new year. Resting for the game but ,YOU, stay safe tonight!!

Guess he won't be playing tomorrow then.

The players have had a few days rest up until tomorrow, and for team fluidity, which for me is what we lack because of the constant changes etc we need to keep that three to start.

We need to start finding that starting balance, the starting eleven we look to and think 'Yep that's the one' Hazard, Willian and Oscar have earned the right to start that game from what we saw against Liverpool, no changes unless injuries but we must start that trio. I don't like the word rest, players want to play and for team fluidity they need to play for themselves and consistency levels.

Maybe because of other teams (arsenal & manutd)getting injuries here and there i felt reluctant for us to play the same team. But your spot on that we need some consistency. Its about time we settle on a starting lineup, and it can only be done by keeping the same players that perform well for the next match

Think we need to keep the same base group of players except rest Oscar. He ran his legs off vs Liverpool and we don't want to burn him out. I wouldn't play Torres either. His miss vs Liverpool was replusive! Sakho literally pulled his hamstring and he still kick it straight at the keeper. Fucken useless! Can't wait till his contract finally expires and he fucks off once and for all..

Azpi-----Cahill----Terry----Cole

-----------Mikel---Rami----------

Willian-----Mata------Hazard

-------------Eto'o-----------------

Willian and Oscar were great against Pool. now I'd rest both of them. But if José decides to play them, it's OK. anyways, this is my favourite starting XI for today.

-------------Eto'o---------------

--Hazard--Mata--Schurrle--

--------Mikel--Ramires-------

--Cole--Terry--Cahill--Azpi--

-------------Cech---------------

So nice to see us playing again!!

@setoo9 Bonne Annee 2014 a tous! Feliz año 2014 a Todos! I wish you a happy & healthy new year. Resting for the game but ,YOU, stay safe tonight!!

Guess he won't be playing tomorrow then.

why? could be resting for the game

good luck chelsea fc and hopefully west london blue fc chelsea can get 2014 up and running in a perfect start and hopefully my prediction of a 4 -2 win for cfc will happen and have a great 2014 all chelsea fc fans in west london and around the worldwide globe on earth in the big universe.

Well, after the fantastic game against Liverpool, I expect the same today. Nothing, but a win.

Chelsea needs to keep winning, from now on. Several changes will be seen, injuries & all.

If the team wins today, then players may be rested, perhaps one or two players are bought & Chelsea is marching on.

PL mid-term was relatively successful for Chelsea. My rating: B.

Jose is playing the mind games, controls the UK media & when Jose speaks, the whole of UK listens.

Jose even says, Chelsea must target a place in the top four & CL qualification. No kidding Jose.

Current Chelsea position, I believe we all should be pleased. However, it´s not essential to win the PL in this season, but I certainly would love it.

Therefore boys & gals, new year is here, let´s see Chelsea winning today & see what happens later.