Southampton v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hope that the bit of euphoria that follows the result yesterday doesn't effect the effort and application the team put into Thursday's match.

We were outplayed there in the league game last season and I hope that Jose has them ready. We've three away games on the bounce now, all in their own way very tough games.

City and Arsenal aren't dropping many points at the moment so we need to get the wins necessary to cement our top 4 position, keep pressure on our rivals and our title hopes alive.

So you're comparing a striker making a mis-timed tackle in order to stop an attack with Eto'o taking Suarez out off the ball when there was absolutely no need to? He gave away a stonewall penalty for NO REASON and we're lucky Webb didn't give it.

The bloke is a fan of the player, not of the team, so thats not surprising at all.

Not winning at Southampton would cancel all our effort on Sunday.

Guess Drogba was an idiot as well against Barcelona, with that penalty-gift to Barcelona, no?

Or, again Drogba, he made a stupid foul that cost his team a penalty against Senegal during 2014 WC qualifying; two times idiot, don't you think?

The truth is that when a striker comes back to help defending is always a display of commitment: Oscar negligently lost the ball and Eto'o made all the pitch in reverse in order to help defending; also, Suarez had already lost possession way before the contact, so how can it be a penalty without a ball...

Eto'o gave everything on the pitch and came out with cramps; the only real stupid thing he did has been the foul of the Liverpool's goal: dangerous, useless and totally uncalled for.

Finally, Eto'o performance is rated 7.2 out of 10 on WhoScored: yeah, really PATHETIC.

Oh yes, his beautiful run against an injured defender endend with a pass to the keeper. Wow.

I've come to understand that there are a few people on this board who come here just to defend the opinion they formulated in the past. They watch the game and criticize the players they either don't like or who is playing in the place of the guy they do like.

Very few people here can watch the game objectively and without some personal bias.... I have a Chelsea bais, so when a player comes on and does his job i.e a striker scores the match winner I tend side with the opinion that he had a good game.

Eto'o should start Southampton, he was poor against Swansea but made amends yesterday with a huge goal. If we're not going back into the window for a striker we need some consistency. You get consistency through repetition and Eto'o needs more of that to find a rhythm

I don't think Jose will have many selection headaches. The team practically selects its self with Luiz suspension, Lampard and Bertrand (and Iva?) injuries and all the running that Willian Oscar did against Liverpool.

Honestly I'm not too worried about Southampton, not because they're not an excellent side because they are, but their style of play allows us to play our game. Plus, Jose seemed to have them figured out in the game at the Bridge. They didn't have a single shot after the first minute. Hopefully we can repeat that performance, minus the Essien howler, of course! :lol:

Just hope that the bit of euphoria that follows the result yesterday doesn't effect the effort and application the team put into Thursday's match.

We were outplayed there in the league game last season and I hope that Jose has them ready. We've three away games on the bounce now, all in their own way very tough games.

City and Arsenal aren't dropping many points at the moment so we need to get the wins necessary to cement our top 4 title fighting position, keep pressure on our rivals and our title hopes alive.

Fixed ;)

remember last year we're punch 2-1 by Soton??? it's not gonna be easy game. but Mou must rotation his team,, rest Oscar & Willian and play Schurrle Mata...

we absolutely need this 3 point,,just give them more posession and play counter attack more and more...

I wish this tough period ends the best end by defeating the saints

also wished that D.LUIZ would have benn available for this match to play in the same position he played versus reds but unlucky he was !

Also Hazard must take arest after the last hard games

squad

CECH

AZPI IVA TERRY COLE

RAMIERES ESSIEN

SCHURLE WILLIAN

TORRES

& KTBFFH <3

Eto'o scores today and yet you want Torres to play the next match! How can our strikers become good or consistent if their reward for scoring goals means being dropped in the next match.

he got a toe on the ball u mean? and was shocking the rest of the game , Gave away the free kick for their goal? and could easily have cost us a stupid penalty? I'd be happy if he never plays again