Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

schürrle wasnt a mourinho signing at all. we wanted him 1 year before mou even arrived.

and yeah mourinho also signed the likes of Quaresma for example. but its easier to say XY knows best instead of using the own brain.

Guarin would be an awful transfer in my opinion, especially with the 15 m pound rumoured. shouldnt people may come to the conclusion that if even Inter fans arent that sorry if he will leave and Inter are willing to sell him in January, that he aint that good or important for them? guarin is a mediocre player, surely better than Essien, but we need to buy in quality and not quantity. if there aint anyone available in January, than dont buy anyone. seems like we are buying for the sake of it.

and signing a stop-gap for 20 m euros ist just plain stupid. the same as paying 35 m for Willian. but yeah, 60m for falcao/Cavani were too much, we know

and comparing coutinho (who was 19,20,21?`) and Ramires (who was 23 and played a great WC) is like comparing an apple to a pear :)

Who said anything about Schurrle being a Mourinho signing???.

Jose is not stupid, he will know a lot about Guarin, of course Jose has made some bad signings who hasn't! but a player with Porto and Inter connections, plus the fact Jose went to see him play against Belgium shows how keen he is on the player! I am sure Jose has done more then enough research on the player!

but again its not all about doing your research on a player, its also about the player actually performing! and playing to his full potential in a new league and new country which isn't always easy to do!

and who cares if Inter fans wont be too bothered about him leaving! that means nothing! there are many examples of players who leave clubs to move on to a bigger challenge and excel!

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are asking the wrong question.

The only question worth asking is whether or not Guarin could improve the overall quality of our squad by offering Mourinho another option in midfield till this problem can be properly addressed next summer. Answer to that question is yes.

I dont think its a wrong question. It's important if we improve our creativity from the pivot with some proper long range passes into attack. I just checked his rating and discovered he has a high key pass rate of 2.5 a game which is very good (better key passes than oscar and as good as mata last season infact)

But its good to know we are not wasting money on someone that cant pass or wont significantly improve the pivot

From what I have gathered which isn't a lot I must admit! He will organise midfield, make us harder to play against and break down I'm not expecting a yaya or Alonso here, more of a Mikel that can pass and get the attacks moving FASTER

Please correct me of I'm wrong I'm pretty sure I've never seen him play!!

Weak on the ball? Yeah, that's not true at all. I don't know where you got that idea from because he's actually known to be pretty sound technically. Yes he can defend, can run, can tackle etc, but he's also a strong passer. He's good at everything without excelling at anything in particular. As far as I'm aware, his ability on the ball and overall technique has never been in question. What people criticize him for is his decision making which can be inconsistent and poor at times. He tends to shoot a lot instead of picking out a teammate in a better position; considering that 'intricate interplay' is something we've been struggling to do, I wonder if Guarin won't just compound that problem.....but these are problems that can be ironed out by coaching instructions.

Anyway, we would all love an elite midfield talent, but (a non cup-tied) Guarin for 15 mill is really not bad business - probably around the same amount spurs paid for Dembele and much less than Utd paid for Fellaini. In my opinion, Guarin offers far more than both and of course that doesn't mean we can't dip back into the transfer market in the summer for an elite centre mid.

I got it from watching almost every single game Guarin has played with Inter. I follow the Serie A very closely and my best mate is probably the biggest Inter fan in Lebanon. I watch almost all of Inter's games either with him or alone to later discuss the game with him.

His passing below average and his shooting, though very powerful, is just woeful in terms of shot accuracy and his dribble is also pretty bad and he's one of the most dispossessed player in the Serie A, especially this season. Hence, his technical ability on the ball is not good.

Who said anything about Schurrle being a Mourinho signing???.

Jose is not stupid, he will know a lot about Guarin, of course Jose has made some bad signings who hasn't! but a player with Porto and Inter connections, plus the fact Jose went to see him play against Belgium shows how keen he is on the player! I am sure Jose has done more then enough research on the player!

but again its not all about doing your research on a player, its also about the player actually performing! and playing to his full potential in a new league and new country which isn't always easy to do!

and who cares if Inter fans wont be too bothered about him leaving! that means nothing! there are many examples of players who leave clubs to move on to a bigger challenge and excel!

guarin will be already 28 next summer. it aint like he has got 10 years to develop. he is already nearly a finished player and hasnt proven himself that much. he wasnt even a standout player for Porto..they sold him for like 10 million I think. he is a good player, but not world-class. and what we need is world-class in the DM.

From what I have gathered which isn't a lot I must admit! He will organise midfield, make us harder to play against and break down I'm not expecting a yaya or Alonso here, more of a Mikel that can pass and get the attacks moving FASTER

Please correct me of I'm wrong I'm pretty sure I've never seen him play!!

Not even close! He'll run all game, press and chase players and give us physicality but he won't move the ball forward well, he'll shoot a lot and hit row z 99% of the times and he'll lose the ball often which is why I don't think he fits in 4-2-3-1 unless Jose wants to give him Oscar's place.

I got it from watching almost every single game Guarin has played with Inter. I follow the Serie A very closely and my best mate is probably the biggest Inter fan in Lebanon. I watch almost all of Inter's games either with him or alone to later discuss the game with him.

His passing below average and his shooting, though very powerful, is just woeful in terms of shot accuracy and his dribble is also pretty bad and he's one of the most dispossessed player in the Serie A, especially this season. Hence, his technical ability on the ball is not good.

His passing and dribbling are definitely not bad. He's actually a very good dribbler for a box-to-box midfielder. Technically he's perfectly fine, but he's just lacking in intelligence/effort.

Well Vidal is not exactly known for his dribbling ability. When Vidal or Guarin is playing with two midfielders behind him, he can afford to lose the ball He can't in a 4-2-3-1.

And Guarin won't be dispossessed as often if he plays in the double pivot. Fact is he get dispossessed less than 2 times a game in a role that's more advanced than the one he will play here, so it's not even the biggest issue.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You