Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

schürrle wasnt a mourinho signing at all. we wanted him 1 year before mou even arrived.

and yeah mourinho also signed the likes of Quaresma for example. but its easier to say XY knows best instead of using the own brain.

Guarin would be an awful transfer in my opinion, especially with the 15 m pound rumoured. shouldnt people may come to the conclusion that if even Inter fans arent that sorry if he will leave and Inter are willing to sell him in January, that he aint that good or important for them? guarin is a mediocre player, surely better than Essien, but we need to buy in quality and not quantity.

and signing a stop-gap for 20 m euros ist just plain stupid. the same as paying 35 m for Willian. but yeah, 60m for falcao/Cavani were too much, we know

What exactly do YOU know about Fredy ?

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if there aint anyone available in January, than dont buy anyone. seems like we are buying for the sake of it.

But we need a midfield option, and Jose wanted Guarin when he was at Real Madrid apparently. In this instance I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt especially if it means Mikel and Essien play a few games less.

I think his point is not to treat Mourinho like a god. He is an exellent coach but he can also make mistakes(as he has already made some). We can not know if Guarin would be a flop or not, but it's interesting to talk about it.

I know that he is a good player but not what we need. he has a good shot from the distance and a good technique. but he is slow and often very sloppy in possession. he is more a AMF than a CM, especially because defensively he is very weak. he aint also running that much and he isnt a guy who is actually dictating a game. he is a little bit like a Van der Vaart, who often tries to get in to the box and shoot or pass through the defence. he aint the DPL we need nor is he someone who can dictate/command a game. futhermore he isnt very dynamic and we already have Lampard, Mikel and Essien who are all slow.

@Sheva but not buying someone who costs 20 !! million euros. we arent talking about peanuts. if we would buy someone as a stop-gap who is cheap, maybe ok, but 20m is a lot. and Mourinho never wanted him at Real Madrid..if he wanted, they would have bought him. It aint like Inter was relucant to sell him at all.

I think his point is not to treat Mourinho like a god. He is an exellent coach but he can also make mistakes(as he has already made some). We can not know if Guarin would be a flop or not, but it's interesting to talk about it.

Well, no one here doubt Jose´s ability to coach. We also know, Jose made mistakes, as I pointed it out here.

Just to say, Fredy is not good enough, but not knowing much about him, is not my very smart or is it ?

It seems to me, you are going to the left, then to the right, but....?

i'm a little unsure about this transfer because spurs have sandro, dembele, capoue, and paulinho. All of them have high energy, most of us wanted them here, but none of them have high long range passing, none of them. I dont want us to buy a player that does not have long range passing, it wont improve the pivot by much. This is what improves a pivot attacking wise, ability to pick up long dangerous attacking passes quickly

goalall.gif

The question is can Guarin give that yaya toure pass to zabaleta for citys second goal against arsenal??

I know that he is a good player but not what we need. he has a good shot from the distance and a good technique. but he is slow and often very sloppy in possession. he is more a AMF than a CM, especially because defensively he is very weak. he aint also running that much and he isnt a guy who is actually dictating a game. he is a little bit like a Van der Vaart, who often tries to get in to the box and shoot or pass through the defence. he aint the DPL we need nor is he someone who can dictate/command a game. futhermore he isnt very dynamic and we already have Lampard, Mikel and Essien who are all slow.

@Sheva but not buying someone who costs 20 !! million euros. we arent talking about peanuts. if we would buy someone as a stop-gap who is cheap, maybe ok, but 20m is a lot. and Mourinho never wanted him at Real Madrid..if he wanted, they would have bought him. It aint like Inter was relucant to sell him at all.

Since I watched the video, read some stories on him today, because I wanted to know, what exactly Chelsea is after, but somehow, it seems to be very much the opposite of your evaluation. Therefore, I won´t doubt your view, but your view is outnumbered by 3 to 1 in comparison.

Since I watched the video, read some stories on him today, because I wanted to know, what exactly Chelsea is after, but somehow, it seems to be very much the opposite of your evaluation. Therefore, I won´t doubt your view, but your view is outnumbered by 3 to 1 in comparison.

who are the other 2? i havent seen anyone evaluating him. i have watched him for porto and for inter some times (not often). if you mean the scout report, I stopped reading after the Yaya Toure comparison <_< How do you view him?

and youtube videos as evaluation? yeah in some of this vids you can make Elia look like a god, while in real life, he is shit.

i'm a little unsure about this transfer because spurs have sandro, dembele, capoue, and paulinho. All of them have high energy, most of us wanted them here, but none of them have high long range passing, none of them. I dont want us to buy a player that does not have long range passing, it wont improve the pivot by much. This is what improves a pivot attacking wise, ability to pick up long dangerous attacking passes quickly

goalall.gif

The question is can Guarin give that yaya toure pass to zabaleta for citys second goal against arsenal??

Even if he did, Ivanovic will do some donkey shit and fuck it up anyway :D

who are the other 2? i havent seen anyone evaluating him. i have watched him for porto and for inter some times (not often). How do you view him?

and youtube videos as evaluation? yeah in some of this vids you can make Elia look like a god, while in real life, he is shit.

3 to 1 read better on. Just what makes you think you know what Chelsea needs ?

You are asking the wrong question.

The only question worth asking is whether or not Guarin could improve the overall quality of our squad by offering Mourinho another option in midfield till this problem can be properly addressed next summer. Answer to that question is yes.

He's 4 or 5 years younger than Giggs who was playing regularly 4 and 5 years ago. Giggs now shouldn't be playing at all. He';s not good enough for United even a mediocre United. Lampard shouldn't be playing 3 times a week though or even in quick turnaround games. This signing is fine by me. We badly need another central midfielder and not everyone you buy can be a 40M pound player who has a lot of hype. Guarin will improve the squad and allow us to rotate better and he has some upside.

A fair point regarding age - Lampard is fit for his age, but let us not forget that Ryan Giggs, arguably, is the single greatest athlete ever to play in the Premier League. He's 40 years old and has the stamina most 25 year olds can only dream of. Giggs is a freak of nature in that sense. Lampard is still fit but after his lengthy lay-off in 2011, he's never looked the same physically. We have to look after him, which is my point.

But we need a midfield option, and Jose wanted Guarin when he was at Real Madrid apparently. In this instance I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt especially if it means Mikel and Essien play a few games less.

I would offer Nat a squad role till the summer TBH but thats just me.

This doesn't resemble the player we're talking about. Are you sure you've got the right guy?

This doesn't resemble the player we're talking about. Are you sure you've got the right guy?

yes I am. or how do you see this guy? do you think he is defensively strong?! or that he is someone who dictating the game?

@Jype tons of players would be better than Essien/Mikel atm. this no argument how to evaluate a transfer. only because we have awful players doesnt means we need to buy every player who is a little bit better than them. we need someone who brings us to the next level or has lots of potential, to do so - guarin has neither the former than the latter.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You