Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

Its up to Jose...if he wants to give a chance to Nat like he did with Varane, i'm sure he will.

Yes we are on the edge of that cliff again, do we, don't we.......nah maybe next season, here's 18ME sit tight Nat.

Tonight's game at Sunderland would of been the perfect chance to see someone of this kids ilk without a shadow of doubt, but we will just go ahead and see Essien who is a car crash right now alongside Mikel no doubt.

We need to start integrating these kids.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chalobah can't even get a game in the Championship, nevermind at Chelsea. People are so deluded on here it's unreal.

OMG WE'RE NOT SIGNING THE MOST UNATTAINABLE PLAYERS IN JANUARY FOR 50 MILLION POUNDS, AND WE'RE ALSO NOT PLAYING YOUTH PLAYERS WHO CAN'T GET A GAME IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. SACK EVERYONE!

Interesting signing and could be a nice marriage of league and player. He'll add a lot more energy and drive alongside Rami than any of our other options, especially in those home games where teams sit deep and we just knock the ball around 35 yards out from goal. He can do that, but he might also be the guy who decides to take some of the responsibility of trying to create something simply with a burst of pace through the lines.

Could go either way this one.

We need to be buying a midfield player who is a nailed on starter each game like Ramires is. This would be such a waste for this rumored price. I'd rather just get Cabaye like others are saying.

Chalobah can't even get a game in the Championship, nevermind at Chelsea. People are so deluded on here it's unreal.

OMG WE'RE NOT SIGNING THE MOST UNATTAINABLE PLAYERS IN JANUARY FOR 50 MILLION POUNDS, AND WE'RE ALSO NOT PLAYING YOUTH PLAYERS WHO CAN'T GET A GAME IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. SACK EVERYONE!

Right, the first bit. He isn't getting a game in the Championship so come 15th of January bring him back here to bolster a struggling and shit midfield. But oh no lets not bring him back in case it stops us spending more millions and everyone can rejoice and get Guarin on their shirts.

I am not for one minute saying Guarin is shite because I don't know much of him, but is it such a rank poor idea to fetch a young kid back and give him a go?

If you really believe any of those would be available in January you're deluded.

Pogba and Vidal are both enjoying life at Juve where they are fighting for the league title and it's not like Juventus need the money either. Dortmund won't sell Gündogan in January when they still have a very good chance of winning the Champions League title and the player himself will want to keep his options open till after the World Cup. De Rossi didn't want to leave Roma last summer so why would he leave now when the club he loves are a serious title contender for the first time in a very long while? And tell me, which available English central midfielder would be an upgrade to our current squad? And please don't say Ross Barkley because he's an attacking midfielder, not to mention the fact he probably won't leave in January either when Everton are doing so well and at least by playing every game there he has a good chance of making the World Cup squad.

Players like Guarin, Cabaye and Rakitic are the ones we can realistically go after in the January window and I really don't see a problem with that. Getting any of those guys now would be an improvement to our current midfield and they would also be able to play in all competitions, unlike the names you mentioned. And the people saying they prefer this or that player of the available ones, will you for once trust Mourinho to know what he's doing? If he wants Guarin and not Cabaye, then Guarin he shall get. Haven't we learnt by now that it's really no use buying players that the manager does not want?

The time to get a world class midfielder is definitely upon us and Mourinho knows this too but he also has enough experience not to go chasing windmills like poor David Moyes last summer with his unrealistic pursuit of Fabregas for the whole transfer window which left him empty handed in the end.

So we should spend 18m on a stop gap because we can't get genuine quality in jan? is that what

you are saying here?

It's funny because we wouldn't have needed a stop gap in the first place if emenalo,jose and co didn't act so incompetently in the summer and made the right decisions to address the main issues in the squad. instead they splashed a combined £48m on two attacking midfielders that weren't needed and a further £8m on a box to box midfielder. the money that should have used in securing one or even two top quality central midfielder/regista instead.

18m :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope, sorry. Still a long way from buying this rumor. Jose has said twice already that we won't make any signings in Jan and I'm pretty sure we won't break that to pay 18m for a below-average player that doesn't fit in our team.

Nope, sorry. Still a long way from buying this rumor. Jose has said twice already that we won't make any signings in Jan and I'm pretty sure we won't break that to pay 18m for a below-average player that doesn't fit in our team.

Let's hope not anyways.

When supporters of his current club are hoping he gets sold you know there's something wrong. Looks like a very average player. A signing that a non-CL side that's trying to break into the top 4 would make like Everton or Spuds.

So we should spend 18m on a stop gap because we can't get genuine quality in jan? is that what

you are saying here?

It's funny because we wouldn't have needed a stop gap in the first place if emenalo,jose and co didn't act so incompetently in the summer and made the right decisions to address the main issues in the squad. instead they splashed a combined £48m on two attacking midfielders that weren't needed and a further £8m on a box to box midfielder. the money that should have used in securing one or even two top quality central midfielder/regista instead.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Better to spend £15m on a stopgap who will play a big role for us this season and remain a squad player for the following seasons to come than ignore the problem completely and risk fucking up our season big time. Meireles was a similar stopgap after failing to sign Modric and he played a huge role in the club winning the Champions League. Are you saying we would have been better off not buying anyone back then when it became clear Modric was out of the question?

And yes, I very much agree that the Willian signing was unnecessary to say the least, and that the money spent on him should have been used to acquire a quality midfielder instead. I don't particularly agree with you on Marco van Ginkel beng a pointless signing because he really looked like a good player who could have played a big role for us this season. Anyway, at the end of the day what's done is done and all that's left is to try and do what's best for the club right now.

And jose also said we wouldn't buy any striker if our attempt to get rooney failed w eknow how that ended.

and if Jose bought a £30m plus left back as a squad player (coentrao madrid) and William another expensive squad player then why would this rumor seem outrageous or unbelievable to anyone.

If you really believe any of those would be available in January you're deluded.

Pogba and Vidal are both enjoying life at Juve where they are fighting for the league title and it's not like Juventus need the money either. Dortmund won't sell Gündogan in January when they still have a very good chance of winning the Champions League title and the player himself will want to keep his options open till after the World Cup. De Rossi didn't want to leave Roma last summer so why would he leave now when the club he loves are a serious title contender for the first time in a very long while? And tell me, which available English central midfielder would be an upgrade to our current squad? And please don't say Ross Barkley because he's an attacking midfielder, not to mention the fact he probably won't leave in January either when Everton are doing so well and at least by playing every game there he has a good chance of making the World Cup squad.

Players like Guarin, Cabaye and Rakitic are the ones we can realistically go after in the January window and I really don't see a problem with that. Getting any of those guys now would be an improvement to our current midfield and they would also be able to play in all competitions, unlike the names you mentioned. And the people saying they prefer this or that player of the available ones, will you for once trust Mourinho to know what he's doing? If he wants Guarin and not Cabaye, then Guarin he shall get. Haven't we learnt by now that it's really no use buying players that the manager does not want?

The time to get a world class midfielder is definitely upon us and Mourinho knows this too but he also has enough experience not to go chasing windmills like poor David Moyes last summer with his unrealistic pursuit of Fabregas for the whole transfer window which left him empty handed in the end.

I thought Juventus did need money to strengthen other areas? sure I've heard that they might sell Pogba if a big offer comes in.

Guarin would be a poor signing anyway, he isn't a holding midfielder, we need a young Xabi Alonso not a shit Ramires.

Well, whatever you read on Jose, I would not trust it. As you might know, Jose when in doubt to win anything he goes to snivel to Roman, to buy more players. When is this team going to give chances to young players ?

BTW, Fredy goes for 15m as offered.

And jose also said we wouldn't buy any striker if our attempt to get rooney failed w eknow how that ended.

and if Jose bought a £30m plus left back as a squad player (coentrao madrid) and William another expensive squad player then why would this rumor seem outrageous or unbelievable to anyone.

To be honest, Coentrão was supposed to be an elite left-back. He was better at Benfica than at Real, although I have no complains about him at the national team.

What happened is that Romelu asked for a loan so we got Eto'o to replace him. Plus the Eto'o deal was too attractive to not go through with it. He was on a free and took a huge wage cut to come here. We had nothing to lose in signing him.

Willian you're absolutely right about. It still makes very little sense to me.

Well, whatever you read on Jose, I would not trust it. As you might know, Jose when in doubt to win anything he goes to snivel to Roman, to buy more players. When is this team going to give chances to young players ?

BTW, Fredy goes for 15m as offered.

Agreed. You can't expect the team to not buy players like Hazard and Schurrle to give a chance to Lalkovic and Piazon, but when it's someone average at best like Guarin, then I would much rather have Nathanial in our team. At least he'd fit much better in our system.

I thought Juventus did need money to strengthen other areas? sure I've heard that they might sell Pogba if a big offer comes in.

Guarin would be a poor signing anyway, he isn't a holding midfielder, we need a young Xabi Alonso not a shit Ramires.

:lol: Absolutely spot on with that one.

What happened is that Romelu asked for a loan so we got Eto'o to replace him.

I think you've got that wrong. We signed Eto'o before the Bayern game and it was after that Lukaku was reported to have 'gotten unhappy'.

What we need is another body who can put in a shift alongside Rami, and maybe even give us a chance to rest him.

Like I said, this transfer could go either way. He has good technique and great physical tools but the knock on him has been his inconsistency. Maybe Jose sees him as a project, a guy who he can turn into the midfielder we need. He's not the ideal signing, but 'young Xabi Alonso' might not be available at this moment in time.

What happened is that Romelu asked for a loan so we got Eto'o to replace him. Plus the Eto'o deal was too attractive to not go through with it. He was on a free and took a huge wage cut to come here. We had nothing to lose in signing him.

Willian you're absolutely right about. It still makes very little sense to me.

Agreed. You can't expect the team to not buy players like Hazard and Schurrle to give a chance to Lalkovic and Piazon, but when it's someone average at best like Guarin, then I would much rather have Nathanial in our team. At least he'd fit much better in our system.

How do you know Lukaku had asked for transfer first & then Jose brought Eto´o in ?

I do not believe it. The kid set his site on Chelsea, as I read. When BA was not moved, something must have happened & Lukaku wanted to play, then he might have opted to move, I feel. Under Jose, in the summer I saw nothing but complete fuck-ups. Eto´o, William = brought in uselessly, I feel.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You