Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

Frank is capable of playing very, very well (look at West Ham, for instance). His problem is he is playing too often because of a lack of CM options - he should be being employed like Giggs at United, not playing 90% of our matches.

I agree, Frank is still playing well. I am even sad to see him playing a bit more defensively, I missed him popping goals.

Perhaps, this Ferdy, if signed, Frank gets to play up top more & pops one or two in.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving Mata, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle and Hazard fighting over two spots?

Ain't gonna happen.

Won't happen consistently yeah, but a good option to have for tough away games in the 2nd half of the season.

Man city away for example.

Alfredo Pedulla of Gazzetta claims that Chelsea have proposed a swap deal between Guarin and Mata, but Inter aren't interested.

That is fucking insane if it is true. Mata will eventually be sold imo but swap with Guarin LOL

Leaving Mata, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle and Hazard fighting over two spots?

Ain't gonna happen.

He's had a couple of good games, but mostly he's just filled a shirt. His impact on matches is minimal.

its already happened... a couple times

Didn't the Inter fans laugh when they sold Coutinho for 8 million? many Italian journalist said he never lived up to the hype, now look at him for Liverpool, apart from injuries he's been a fantastic player for them.

Same with Ramires, i remember when we were linked with him, 90 percent of people was saying he's poor and it's a waste of money, now he's a guaranteed starter for us.

If we buy Guarin, i'd rather wait to see him in a Chelsea shirt before judging him.

Frank is capable of playing very, very well (look at West Ham, for instance). His problem is he is playing too often because of a lack of CM options - he should be being employed like Giggs at United, not playing 90% of our matches.

He's 4 or 5 years younger than Giggs who was playing regularly 4 and 5 years ago. Giggs now shouldn't be playing at all. He';s not good enough for United even a mediocre United. Lampard shouldn't be playing 3 times a week though or even in quick turnaround games. This signing is fine by me. We badly need another central midfielder and not everyone you buy can be a 40M pound player who has a lot of hype. Guarin will improve the squad and allow us to rotate better and he has some upside.

I see what's going on here. Jose bemoans the lack of physicality in the squad, especially in relation to man city and in response, emenalo embarks out on a scouting mission to find the most athletic beasts in europe regardless of talent levels. . .. . Akinfenwa and Elokobi are next. be scared guys.

With this transfer i 100% trust Jose as his knowledge of Porto and Inter/Serie A is as good as anyone's! if he wants this player then he must have something about him! i am pretty sure he will improve our team!

I was not sure on Schurrle and was never really impressed with him before we signed him but now having seen him up close for us, i think he is a great signing! and a top talent!

bottom line - Jose Knows!

schürrle wasnt a mourinho signing at all. we wanted him 1 year before mou even arrived.

and yeah mourinho also signed the likes of Quaresma for example. but its easier to say XY knows best instead of using the own brain.

Guarin would be an awful transfer in my opinion, especially with the 15 m pound rumoured. shouldnt people may come to the conclusion that if even Inter fans arent that sorry if he will leave and Inter are willing to sell him in January, that he aint that good or important for them? guarin is a mediocre player, surely better than Essien, but we need to buy in quality and not quantity. if there aint anyone available in January, than dont buy anyone. seems like we are buying for the sake of it.

and signing a stop-gap for 20 m euros ist just plain stupid. the same as paying 35 m for Willian. but yeah, 60m for falcao/Cavani were too much, we know

and comparing coutinho (who was 19,20,21?`) and Ramires (who was 23 and played a great WC) is like comparing an apple to a pear :)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You