Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

I thought Juventus did need money to strengthen other areas? sure I've heard that they might sell Pogba if a big offer comes in.

Guarin would be a poor signing anyway, he isn't a holding midfielder, we need a young Xabi Alonso not a shit Ramires.

I admit I'm not an expert on Juve's finances because I really don't give a fuck about that club. Doubt they will sell Pogba in January either way, it's not like they could even use the money to strengthen these other areas because no sensible club would sell them the players they want in the middle of the season. That's how the transfer business works, everyone gets the major deals done in the summer and the January window is usually there only to allow clubs to buy squad players to get them through the season. Deals like Torres are the exception, not the rule.

I haven't been commenting on whether Guarin would be a good signing because I haven't seen enough of him to form such an opinion, all I've been saying is that players like Pogba, Vidal etc. are not realistic signings for January and it's better to get at least someone than to ignore the problem outright because we desperately need another pair of legs in midfield. Guarin most definitely is not the type of player our squad has been crying out for but then again, none of the available ones are. Whether the player we go after is Guarin, Cabaye or someone else entirely, I really don't care but I trust Mourinho to get the player he wants and who he sees as the best fit.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you've got that wrong. We signed Eto'o before the Bayern game and it was after that Lukaku was reported to have 'gotten unhappy'.

What we need is another body who can put in a shift alongside Rami, and maybe even give us a chance to rest him.

Like I said, this transfer could go either way. He has good technique and great physical tools but the knock on him has been his inconsistency. Maybe Jose sees him as a project, a guy who he can turn into the midfielder we need. He's not the ideal signing, but 'young Xabi Alonso' might not be available at this moment in time.

Well either way I think Eto'o on the free and on a huge wage cut was not an opportunity to be missed. We had nothing to lose by signing him.

The bold part is not really true. He's very strong and can run all day, but his technical ability on the ball is rather weak. His best attribute is his pressing and defending. Just don't give him the ball on the attack.

How do you know Lukaku had asked for transfer first & then Jose brought Eto´o in ?

I do not believe it. The kid set his site on Chelsea, as I read. When BA was not moved, something must have happened & Lukaku wanted to play, then he might have opted to move, I feel. Under Jose, in the summer I saw nothing but complete fuck-ups. Eto´o, William = brought in uselessly, I feel.

Well there's been many stories. But the bottom line is we spent a lot in the summer and ended up with weak options for striker and an overloaded AM department.

I admit I'm not an expert on Juve's finances because I really don't give a fuck about that club. Doubt they will sell Pogba in January either way, it's not like they could even use the money to strengthen these other areas because no sensible club would sell them the players they want in the middle of the season. That's how the transfer business works, everyone gets the major deals done in the summer and the January window is usually there only to allow clubs to buy squad players to get them through the season. Deals like Torres are the exception, not the rule.

Allow me to clear that up. The club president was talking in an interview about how the Serie A has weakened a lot in recent years and how the financial trouble has effected the league. He gave a hypothetical example by saying "If, in a few years, someone came in with a huge bid for Pogba, the club won't be able to stop him from leaving". Obviously all the headlines the next day read something like "Pogba for sale" but that doesn't mean that the player wants to leave and it certainly doesn't mean that the club is willing to sell; certainly not in the winter market.

Watching Guarín vs Fiorentina. So far: organises himself & players around him when pressing high/defending low block, always aware of...

Players around him defensively (looks ever few seconds), attacks space on right hand side/middle well, always looking to receive in tight...

Spaces, sometimes a little slow getting back(but there's usually 5-6 players behind him anyway) & always looks to offer passing option.

What amazes me the most. Most of folks here, trust Jose. No matter what he does or what he did, he knows it all ?

I assume that's a dig aimed at me and what I said in the post above yours.

No, Mourinho is not the perfect man nor is he the perfect manager. However, he is our manager and I trust him to do what he believes is best for the future of this football club. If Mourinho wants a player, let's say Guarin because it's his topic we're discussing here, but the fans and the upper management want to see someone else what do you think is the best way to go forward? To buy the player our manager wants to work with or buy the flavour of the month player our fans and Abramovich have fallen in love with by playing fucking Football Manager of FIFA?

Guarin is a necessary addition for squad depth. Willian wasn't necessary but any top manager knows you don't say no to quality. Both transfer subjects where/are a target of hate. Alot of members on these forums need to learn that you can't snap you're fingers and buy a top quality player at each position at will (certainly not in the january transfer period).

I assume that's a dig aimed at me and what I said in the post above yours.

No, Mourinho is not the perfect man nor is he the perfect manager. However, he is our manager and I trust him to do what he believes is best for the future of this football club. If Mourinho wants a player, let's say Guarin because it's his topic we're discussing here, but the fans and the upper management want to see someone else what do you think is the best way to go forward? To buy the player our manager wants to work with or buy the flavour of the month player our fans and Abramovich have fallen in love playing fucking Football Manager of FIFA?

First of all, it was aimed in general. However,since you are here, let me respond.

Jose to me is not infallible, as I posted here on several occasions. He may try to make correct decisions & I am certain he wants the best for the club. No doubt here. However, sometimes his aim misses the target, William, Eto´o, Lukaku loan, just to name a few.

As for Roman, we know very little about him. Somehow, I feel he knows much more about this football team,than most of us think.

First of all, it was aimed in general. However,since you are here, let me respond.

Jose to me is not infallible, as I posted here on several occasions. He may try to make correct decisions & I am certain he wants the best for the club. No doubt here. However, sometimes his aim misses the target, William, Eto´o, Lukaku loan, just to name a few.

As for Roman, we know very little about him. Somehow, I feel he knows much more about this football team,than most of us think.

What's wrong with Willian? Now that he's been getting games he's starting to prove his worth. He's still not where he's capable of being but I'm glad he's a Chelsea player. Eto'o/Lukaku situation is puzzling though.

What's wrong with Willian? Now that he's been getting games he's starting to prove his worth. He's still not where he's capable of being but I'm glad he's a Chelsea player. Eto'o/Lukaku situation is puzzling though.

Perhaps, he will get better. So far, what I can gather, not worth 30m, in my view.

Guarin is a necessary addition for squad depth. Willian wasn't necessary but any top manager knows you don't say no to quality. Both transfer subjects where/are a target of hate. Alot of members on these forums need to learn that you can't snap you're fingers and buy a top quality player at each position at will (certainly not in the january transfer period).

I don't think anyone was questioning the quality of Willian, though. That is the main issue here with Guarin: He's just not good enough. When the fans of a mid-table Italian team are happy to see him gone, then that tells you all you need to know about him.

Pogba and Vidal are loving the Europa league I bet. I believe Pogba is yet to sign an extension and is holding out for a wage bump. Chelsea fans want to see English players, that will never change. I would rather see Chalobah or Mchechran get a go than another untested foreign player. Inter are very poor defensively so he is not setting the world on fire. Got to look long term, the only January signing that makes sense is to get a striker.

I don't think anyone was questioning the quality of Willian, though. That is the main issue here with Guarin: He's just not good enough. When the fans of a mid-table Italian team are happy to see him gone, then that tells you all you need to know about him.

May I ask for a favor here ? Do you have any link to the Italian thread where those fans are happy to see him go ? In English please.

May I ask for a favor here ? Do you have any link to the Italian thread where those fans are happy to see him go ? In English please.

Here, flip around in this thread: http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?10271-Fredy-Guar%EDn/page164

Thanks. Plenty of jokers there too.

I tell the truth here. I would rather see Chelsea to pip Manures for Mangala in January. I know, he is a bit more money, but much more needed on Chelsea´s defense.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You