Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

Oh jeez, not again with these mediocre players... can't we just try and get a REAL UPGRADE instead of buying players that don't really address one of our needs or are simply washed up? Just fucking spend 10-20m more if that's what's needed to bring in a truly world-class player instead of being cheap and doing these half-assed deals, FFS.

AGREE why oh fucking why would we want this guy

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AGREE why oh fucking why would we want this guy

Good touch, decent engine, available, fills a need (possibly), okay price, in his prime.....not an exciting signing but helps.

Oh jeez, not again with these mediocre players... can't we just try and get a REAL UPGRADE instead of buying players that don't really address one of our needs or are simply washed up? Just fucking spend 10-20m more if that's what's needed to bring in a truly world-class player instead of being cheap and doing these half-assed deals, FFS.

Who? Who is available in January? Which £35 million midfielder are you talking about?

tell me what truly world class midfielders will be available in January for 25-35M? Hard to enough get a great player at that price in summer, almost impossible in winter.

Playing in a mediocre Italian club (no disrespect to Inter but that is what they have been since Jose left) at his peak ?

That doesn't seem like an upgrade for us.

Wonder if it means we'll sell someone in January.. Essien won't stay beyond summer and Mikel just seems like he'll never progress, hell its more likely he gets worse as time goes by. Lamps has been magnificient so far considering his age and how much the guy has played, but its not enough.

We really should have brought De Rossi in, and let him play alongside Ramires with old Frank rotating.

See this is where it falls down, of course he could come him and up-root tress etc but he comes here if you believe the rags for 18ME in January as a stop-gap.

Ba was a stop gap, that turned out....well.....errr yeah!!!!

18 fucking million Euros.

To clarify, the fee that is being reported is actually 15 million euros which works out to roughly around 12 million pounds. Guarin isn't 'world class', I get that. I also get some of the points people have raised, but a centre midfielder is a pressing need right now and I don't feel it's something that we can wait to address during the summer transfer window. Ramires & Lampard are playing far too many games and I think it's already apparent that Mikel isn't a good enough option to rotate with those two in Mourinho's system. Neither is Essien. This is very much a low risk signing with some upside. Depending on how Van Ginkel recovers from his injury, we can still dip back into the market for an elite midfield talent (if need be). Don't see much wrong with this signing.

And CHOULO19 regarding your response to my prior post - all the power to you for watching every single game Guarin has played for Inter. I normally follow the Serie A closely but haven't managed to watch much of inter this season, so I'll just have to defer to your knowledge. :) I am however curious though as to how you could have thought Guarin is a natural attacking midfielder? That's just as bizarre as calling Lampard a natural defensive midfielder or Oscar a natural winger, or Torres a natural striker. You also claim that Guarin is horrible at dribbling even though he's among the top when it comes to successful dribbles made in the serie a. You SURE it's inter you've been watching? Might want to call up your mate and double check on that....

Calciomercato are reporting some quotes from Marcelo Ferreyra, which seem to confirm that Chelsea are in serious talks with Inter Milan about the player. Here's what he had to say during his radio appearance, as reported by the Italian website and translated by Google:

"Right now I'm in Milan. The interest of Chelsea 's official, they are discussing his transfer directly with the Inter . When and if the two parties find an understanding, Fredy and I will start talking with the Blues."

"In the past few days we also went to London with leaders of Inter to talk with the London club. We want to understand what kind of project they have."

"There is also interest in Guarin from two clubs in Manchester , but at the moment, there is only one option . Now we are awaiting word from Thohir (Inter's majority owner), waiting for his decision. Fredy is now focused the (Milan) derby."

-

Assuming these quotes are actually real, it would seem to confirm the report we read in the Guardian earlier this week. It would also confirm that Tancredi jumped the gun again, even if there were actually talks between the clubs.

Should a deal come to fruition, the Blues will need to make space for Guarin on both the Premier League and Champions League rosters (though they can carry as many players as they want while the January window is still open). Combine that with Mourinho's comments yesterday about playing more conservatively, and this would seem to make a Kevin De Bruyne loan even more likely. There are several other reasonable options to create that roster spot as well, and it will certainly give us plenty to talk about in January.

If you ask me Jose wants to play more 4-3-3 and at current we don't have the right compliment of mids to make it so. A midfield 3 of Mikel, Ramires and Guarin have the right kind of varying qualities to function effectively... I my head at least.

At any rate in Mourinho I will always trust.

The hate Mikel gets from Chelsea supporters is hilarious...

He's not better than Mikel! He's brings a completely different skill set to the table. Its about adding a different dimension to the midfield not because one guy sucks and this guy is better.

If you ask me Jose wants to play more 4-3-3 and at current we don't have the right compliment of mids to make it so. A midfield 3 of Mikel, Ramires and Guarin have the right kind of varying qualities to function effectively... I my head at least.

At any rate in Mourinho I will always trust.

This. It would give us a very different outlet and could actually pan out well on the pitch. Would be great to see it happen.

I wish we could add more money and get witsel (high quality) and solve the pivot once and for all. But im scared that injury can come in at anytime to ramires so we really need a back up person with energy to ramires. Just for the fact that we look so lost when ramires doesnt play, or if he's tired, i support this guarin transfer.

15mil is expensive but he is a also good long range shooter, that makes our pivot more dangerous now and could pull players towards him and free one of our AM's since he is a threat from deep. He also has the energy essien, lampard and mikel wish to have

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You