Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this transfer i 100% trust Jose as his knowledge of Porto and Inter/Serie A is as good as anyone's! if he wants this player then he must have something about him! i am pretty sure he will improve our team!

I was not sure on Schurrle and was never really impressed with him before we signed him but now having seen him up close for us, i think he is a great signing! and a top talent!

bottom line - Jose Knows!

I like him, from watching some of his games at Porto - have rarely seen him since moving to the Serie A.

Anyway if he does sign, i think he's a better option (than what we got) to play alongside Ramires 70% of the time.

I've directed some stick towards Lampard lately, but he does do well sometimes, his problem is when he has to play multiple times a week. With another midfielder coming in, he won't have to play so much, and we can have a fresher Lampard when we need him.

A much better option than poor Essien. And he's better than Mikel; also more aggressive, decent long range shot, can get amongst the goals if needed, and creates chances.

I'd much rather we get a decent player like Guarin, than getting no one and rotating Lampard, Mikel, Ramires in the crucial parts of the season.

As Sheva pointed out, not the solution to the midfield but a strong combative player like Guarin is a good option to have + Inter looking to sell makes the deal easy.

with Essien and Lampard winding down, we would need cover in this position for the next year. A kick in the guts for the young midfielders at the club if this is true though.

He's very strong and can run all day, but his technical ability on the ball is rather weak. His best attribute is his pressing and defending. Just don't give him the ball on the attack.

Weak on the ball? Yeah, that's not true at all. I don't know where you got that idea from because he's actually known to be pretty sound technically. Yes he can defend, can run, can tackle etc, but he's also a strong passer. He's good at everything without excelling at anything in particular. As far as I'm aware, his ability on the ball and overall technique has never been in question. What people criticize him for is his decision making which can be inconsistent and poor at times. He tends to shoot a lot instead of picking out a teammate in a better position; considering that 'intricate interplay' is something we've been struggling to do, I wonder if Guarin won't just compound that problem.....but these are problems that can be ironed out by coaching instructions.

Anyway, we would all love an elite midfield talent, but (a non cup-tied) Guarin for 15 mill really isn't bad business - probably around the same amount spurs paid for Dembele and much less than Utd paid for Fellaini. In my opinion, Guarin offers far more than both and of course that doesn't mean we can't dip back into the transfer market in the summer for an elite centre mid.

The views run the gamut on that thread with the overriding view being that he's inconsistent. Some say they're selling him too cheap and most are just moaning about those running the club (how weird ^_^ ), and one person mentioned getting Mata in a cash + Guarin deal. :doh:

Normally I'm the first to hate these types of deals, and I'd have loved to have seen Chalobah given a go but that seems unlikely. What we have in Guarin is a guy with so many tools to be a great player, but he really hasn't put it all together. He's approaching his peak and maybe Jose thinks he's the guy who can make him really shine. £15 million isn't the worst price in the world and he has tremendous upside.

Worst comes to the worst we have another Mikel on our hands....although I think this guy might actually signal Mikel's exit.

Disagree, can only be a combative defensive midfielder. Not convinced by this guy. A striker is still then top priority. We dominate games but are not clinical enough to win them.

We are shipping goals like mad right now, we need a combative mid... He can also score goals too. I see him as a guy who will spell Ramires or Frank when the schedule get congested. Ramires already looks fatigued and its only December. He can provide decent cover in those areas.... The only striker that is of value right now who isn't cup tied is Falcao the likelihood of him coming here in january look grim

The views run the gamut on that thread with the overriding view being that he's inconsistent. Some say they're selling him too cheap and most are just moaning about those running the club (how weird ^_^ ), and one person mentioned getting Mata in a cash + Guarin deal. :doh:

Normally I'm the first to hate these types of deals, and I'd have loved to have seen Chalobah given a go but that seems unlikely. What we have in Guarin is a guy with so many tools to be a great player, but he really hasn't put it all together. He's approaching his peak and maybe Jose thinks he's the guy who can make him really shine. £15 million isn't the worst price in the world and he has tremendous upside.

Worst comes to the worst we have another Mikel on our hands....although I think this guy might actually signal Mikel's exit.

Hope Mikel isn't sold. He's actually been solid when he's played this season.

Useful player for us. With Lamps (hopefully) calling it a career with us next summer we'll have 4 solid CM's in Ramires/Mikel/MvG/Guarin.

In my eyes Guarin doesn't walk into our XI he is a stop gap because we lost Van Ginkel for the year. He will spell Lamps and Rami and allow us to play a proper 4-3-3 in a pinch. Mikel at the base with Ramires and Guarin is a very good midfield 3.

& slow poke Frank ?

Frank is capable of playing very, very well (look at West Ham, for instance). His problem is he is playing too often because of a lack of CM options - he should be being employed like Giggs at United, not playing 90% of our matches.

I don't think anyone was questioning the quality of Willian, though. That is the main issue here with Guarin: He's just not good enough. When the fans of a mid-table Italian team are happy to see him gone, then that tells you all you need to know about him.

I trust Jose's judgment over fans of a mid-table Italian team. We'll see how good Guarin can be for Chelsea when he gets here. Sometimes you just need the right fit, especially when the player in question has problem, not in quality, but in consistency (see Sturridge at Liverpool)

Mikel at the base with Ramires and Guarin is a very good midfield 3.

Leaving Mata, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle and Hazard fighting over two spots?

Ain't gonna happen.

Hope Mikel isn't sold. He's actually been solid when he's played this season.

Useful player for us. With Lamps (hopefully) calling it a career with us next summer we'll have 4 solid CM's in Ramires/Mikel/MvG/Guarin.

He's had a couple of good games, but mostly he's just filled a shirt. His impact on matches is minimal.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You