Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

And Guarin won't be dispossessed as often if he plays in the double pivot. Fact is he get dispossessed less than 2 times a game in a role that's more advanced than the one he will play here, so it's not even the biggest issue.

That's in the Serie A where very few teams press in midfield. In the PL you don't get more than one second on the ball in midfield without being pressed. And that's just one of the issues.

Again, the fact that most inter fans are happy to see him go should tell you everything about him.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's in the Serie A where very few teams press in midfield. In the PL you don't get more than one second on the ball in midfield without being pressed. And that's just one of the issues.

Again, the fact that most inter fans are happy to see him go should tell you everything about him.

Yes. Let's just get rid of our scouting and management team. Why waste so much money on scouting players when we can just visit opposition forums?

And I actually checked their forum. Most of them are cool with selling him but not at the rumoured price of 15M

Yes. Let's just get rid of our scouting and management team. Why waste so much money on scouting players when we can just visit opposition forums?

If you read the forum you'll see a wide range of views about him. The strongest feeling seems to be that he's inconsistent.

Although I think you're overlooking the opinion of Choulo's friend who is the biggest Inter fan in Lebanon (akin to being the tallest guy in a dwarf talent show).

And I actually checked their forum. Most of them are cool with selling him but not at the rumoured price of 15M

Well this is a forum to discuss what we think of players. If we want to go with "trust our scouts" or "trust Jose" we might as well close this whole section.

I think yesterday's game showed how important Ramires is to our team and why having another driver in Guarin would be useful. When the game got stretched, Mikel and Lamps had the entire middle third to themselves but wouldn't drive through. Hell, Luiz and Cahill probably did a better job of bringing the ball forward. Coupled with our strikers being so useless, everything looked so stagnant.

Guarin's agent, Ferreyra—"Chelsea are trying to get the agreement with Inter. When that happens, Fredy will accept the move..." (Metro) #CFC
Chelsea are said to be willing to pay £10m up front for Guarin, with the rest to follow in installements over the next 3 years. (Metro)

Looks like its happening then.

Not too sure what to make of it, the guys on the Inter forum seem more bothered about who's going to replace him rather than losing a quality player. Although there's a few that think he'll do really well...We shall see.

He could be a Meireles type of signing...plays the squad role, does relatively well when called upon and gives Ramires a breather...

I will be very happy if Guarín is playing for Chelsea... he will be first Colombian I can remember seeing play for the club... maybe first ever? :D

He is not a bad player... whether he is the standard for being key player in Premier League, CHampions League winning team, I cannot say.. but you ask, Kalou, Bosingwa, Meireles, Bertrand, Malouda... they are not so good, but they all have European Cup medal...

I will be very happy if Guarín is playing for Chelsea... he will be first Colombian I can remember seeing play for the club... maybe first ever? :D

He is not a bad player... whether he is the standard for being key player in Premier League, CHampions League winning team, I cannot say.. but you ask, Kalou, Bosingwa, Meireles, Bertrand, Malouda... they are not so good, but they all have European Cup medal...

Exactly. We need squad players who aren't exactly world class to be a good team as well.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You