Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having mixed feelings about this signing.

My first thought was - wait until the summer and spend a little bit more on a top quality player, but people are forgetting that top class central midfielders are very expensive. Bayern signed Martinez for 40 mill, City signed Fernandinho for 30 mill plus, Witsel went for 35 mill or so. Modric went for 40 mill. We can't afford to spend that much, not because we don't have the funds but because they're at least two other areas we need to invest in - centre forward position & left back. If it's true that we're after Luke Shaw and if the rumoured fee of 20 mill is correct then we're looking at spending anywhere between 60-70mill for a striker and a left back. I don't see us spending big on a central mid on top of that.

I think a midfield pair of Ramires and Guarin is perfectly fine. It's not perfect but its good enough to take us forward until Van Ginkel, and hopefully Nathaniel, comes good. Also if Romeu continues to impress at Valencia, then we'll him, Guarin, Ramires, Nat and MVG. Those are good options.

There are not many options for us in January.It'll be a busy month and its important that we finish our deals early on.

The dm situation doesn't look good and so we MUST sign one in january because Jose won't be looking at our young talents for this kind of role and responsibility.

So I guess this deal makes sense.

And CHOULO19 regarding your response to my prior post - all the power to you for watching every single game Guarin has played for Inter. I normally follow the Serie A closely but haven't managed to watch much of inter this season, so I'll just have to defer to your knowledge. :) I am however curious though as to how you could have thought Guarin is a natural attacking midfielder? That's just as bizarre as calling Lampard a natural defensive midfielder or Oscar a natural winger, or Torres a natural striker. You also claim that Guarin is horrible at dribbling even though he's among the top when it comes to successful dribbles made in the serie a. You SURE it's inter you've been watching? Might want to call up your mate and double check on that....

Ah, leave Choulo be. He's just suspicious of every DM/CM expect ones that begin with 'M', end in 'L' and rhymes with 'Jikel'.

:Goober:

Are there more options available? Not calling you out, I'm just curious.

Imo it's a good deal because as I said before, he won't solve our problems but he'll ensure we don't completely sabotage the rest of the season by not reinforcing the midfield at all.

What about Schniederline? Cabaye? Mrrison? What about some other CMs from the Serie A who are also not cup-tied (although I don't imagine that is something of great importance to Jose and the Chelsea board as the main concern is the league)? Players like Pjanic? Ilicic? If we want to do business with Inter then why not get their best CM and one of the most promising young play makers in Europe: Kovasic. I'm sure you'll find the Inter fans reaction to be much stronger if we are linked with him instead of Guarin.

Just to get things straight here. Adding Fredy is just another attacking midfielder to the mix. Any more of the same coming ?

Fredy isn't an attacking midfielder. He is a box to box midfielder. He was very promising when joining Inter but hasn't been very good there at all. He is greedy with no vision but he can tackle and intercept very wel. This deal makes sense because he is fairly cheap and not cup tied for the Champions League. A quick fix solution untill the summer.

Fredy isn't an attacking midfielder. He is a box to box midfielder. He was very promising when joining Inter but hasn't been very good there at all. He is greedy with no vision but he can tackle and intercept very wel. This deal makes sense because he is fairly cheap not cup tied for the Champions League. A quick fix solution untill the summer.

Dude £15m is cheap then what is expensive?

And CHOULO19 regarding your response to my prior post - all the power to you for watching every single game Guarin has played for Inter. I normally follow the Serie A closely but haven't managed to watch much of inter this season, so I'll just have to defer to your knowledge. I am however curious though as to how you could have thought Guarin is a natural attacking midfielder? That's just as bizarre as calling Lampard a natural defensive midfielder or Oscar a natural winger, or Torres a natural striker. You also claim that Guarin is horrible at dribbling even though he's among the top when it comes to successful dribbles made in the serie a. You SURE it's inter you've been watching? Might want to call up your mate and double check on that....

I count the most advanced central midfielder as an attacking midfielder like Lampard, Oscar..ect and Guarin. The reason for Guarin having so many successful dribbles is that he usually is the one who takes the ball forward for Inter (due to the lack of creativity they have in the middle. That is also part of why Inter fans want Kovasic to start in his place) but that does not make him a good dribbler. He loses the ball way too often while dribbling and that is in Italy where most teams don't press in midfield, imagine what would happen in the EPL!

Dude £15m is cheap then what is expensive?

t

15m is cheap for a full International central midfielder with experience at a big club. This is a price being placed during a commonly inflated January transfer market I might add!

t

15m is cheap for a full International central midfielder with experience at a big club. This is a price being placed during a commonly inflated January transfer market I might add!

In a sense I suppose, but with FFP around we can't just simply throwing money around anymore though, the day when £15m was a lot...

Gianluca Di Marzio, who broke the story, is reporting the fee to be 15 million euros (12 mill pounds) plus bonuses. http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/inters-guarin-between-man-united-and-chelsea/

Really doubtful seeing they signed him from Porto for around 13m euros. Doubt they want to make a loss especially with him being one of their best player atm

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You