Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe we can get by with a midfield of Ramires,Lampard,Mikel,Chalobah and Essien till the end of the season without shelling out 15m.

I don't share that optimism. Guarin on loan would have been perfect tbh but I wouldn't mind a transfer because Essien is surely leaving in the summer and Lampard is ageing. Guarin could be useful for another year atleast

Pretty random question btw, anyone know how's his English?

:lol: Yeah but you and I both know that Mikel and Essien are going nowhere atleast until the summer.

And Guarin may well take both their places. Financially it's not a massive commitment when you look at the possibility of getting those two off the books and possibly a transfer fee for Mikel.

I don't share that optimism. Guarin on loan would have been perfect tbh but I wouldn't mind a transfer because Essien is surely leaving in the summer and Lampard is ageing. Guarin could be useful for another year atleast

Pretty random question btw, anyone know how's his English?

Him on loan would be better then buying him outright imo.If he impresses then we can think about a permanent deal.

And Guarin may well take both their places. Financially it's not a massive commitment when you look at the possibility of getting those two off the books and possibly a transfer fee for Mikel.

We also have Romeu who is slowly but surely coming back into form so he can also take their places in the summer and we can use that 15m for other players in the summer.

Don't people take him as a backup to Ramires? If Rami plays every game, then he'll burn out. If Guarin can play his role, then I'll take him.

Yeah well theoretically, Essien can play Ramires' role as well.

Cabaye is the best player on that list, and he's not exactly "available"

Guarin is not the only decent CM in Europe, but when you start taking into account how much players would actually cost (fee + wages) whether he's cup-tied or not, and how they would fit into this team, there's not many names that come to mind.

Not available? He'd kill himself to get a move to a club like Chelsea. What about the other two I mentioned? What about someone like Ki who has been fantastic this season? What about some other CMs from the Serie A who are also not cup-tied (although I don't imagine that is something of great importance to Jose and the Chelsea board as the main concern is the league)? Players like Pjanic? Ilicic? If we want to do business with Inter then why not get their best CM and one of the most promising young play makers in Europe: Kovasic. I'm sure you'll find the Inter fans reaction to be much stronger if we are linked with him instead of Guarin.

We also have Romeu who is slowly but surely coming back into form so he can also take their places in the summer and we can use that 15m for other players in the summer.

Slowly, not too sure about surely. I like him but it remains to be seen how he does here although he deserves a chance (probably).

Ultimately Guarin will have re-sale value whatever happens of at least £4-6 million. Mikel goes for £7-10 million and you've recouped that money. There's not much downside to this deal and quite a lot of upside when you look at this guys physical and technical tools.

The question is whether Mourinho can get the best out of him in the short-term.

'm sure you'll find the Inter fans reaction to be much stronger if we are linked with him instead of Guarin.

And the Chelsea fans response would be much stronger if we were to sell Chalobah than Mikel.

We have young players who can't get a game with us - we don't need to sign one from Inter, despite him being a promising player. He's one for the summer if anything.

And the Chelsea fans response would be much stronger if we were to sell Chalobah than Mikel.

We have young players who can't get a game with us - we don't need to sign one from Inter, despite him being a promising player. He's one for the summer if anything.

I don't want to sign him now. In fact, I don't want to even sign him in the summer either because we have our own young talents to bring through. But I'm saying if we want to do business with Inter, then Kovasic is 18/19 and is already better Guarin and closer to what we need here at Chelsea..

Not available? He'd kill himself to get a move to a club like Chelsea. What about the other two I mentioned? What about someone like Ki who has been fantastic this season? What about some other CMs from the Serie A who are also not cup-tied (although I don't imagine that is something of great importance to Jose and the Chelsea board as the main concern is the league)? Players like Pjanic? Ilicic? If we want to do business with Inter then why not get their best CM and one of the most promising young play makers in Europe: Kovasic. I'm sure you'll find the Inter fans reaction to be much stronger if we are linked with him instead of Guarin.

Cabaye wanted to move to Arsenal. It didn't happen, and it won't happen for 15M.

Ki's on loan at Sunderland until the end of the season. He's also not better than Guarin.

Pjanic isn't getting sold with the season Roma is having.

Ilicic is an attacking midfielder, not a CM.

The whole reason Guarin is available is to give Kovacic more time. They are not selling him. He's also not as good as Guarin at the moment while being significantly more expensive which is important because we want immediate help that's also affordable

I don't want to sign him now. In fact, I don't want to even sign him in the summer either because we have our own young talents to bring through. But I'm saying if we want to do business with Inter, then Kovasic is 18/19 and is already better Guarin and closer to what we need here at Chelsea..

Completely different types of signings commanding completely different fees and contracts and I doubt Inter would want to sell him in the next year. He's the type of asset you build around and they know that. Guarin is more of a role-player and that's what we need right now (of what's available).

My first pick would be Borja Valero definitely

Slowly, not too sure about surely. I like him but it remains to be seen how he does here although he deserves a chance (probably).

Ultimately Guarin will have re-sale value whatever happens of at least £4-6 million. Mikel goes for £7-10 million and you've recouped that money. There's not much downside to this deal and quite a lot of upside when you look at this guys physical and technical tools.

The question is whether Mourinho can get the best out of him in the short-term.

Yeah you do have a point but I'd still rather give Nat a shot right now and sign a world class midfielder in the summer.

Exactly. We need squad players who aren't exactly world class to be a good team as well.

But you can argue that all of our options at CM atm should be squad players and what we need for that position is a world-class player. Plus 18m for a squad player? Then there's that he doesn't really fit a 2-man central midfield, and that there's better options available for about the same price or even cheaper...etc

Are there more options available? Not calling you out, I'm just curious.

Imo it's a good deal because as I said before, he won't solve our problems but he'll ensure we don't completely sabotage the rest of the season by not reinforcing the midfield at all.

Oh jeez, not again with these mediocre players... can't we just try and get a REAL UPGRADE instead of buying players that don't really address one of our needs or are simply washed up? Just fucking spend 10-20m more if that's what's needed to bring in a truly world-class player instead of being cheap and doing these half-assed deals, FFS.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You