• Torres
    • Ba (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are you expected when playing the same Back four for 3 games in 10 days??? with the one of Center back is 32 years old and the our best RB play in left side???

i still confuse why Bertrand is not qualified even as a squad player??? we need luiz soon to pass the hard schedule in December...

Hazard is fully talented,,Mou still to Pull Out his best performanced every single match. that was the same threat when SAF give the freedom roleplay to CR7....

I was on almost on the floor cringing when I saw the Sunderland player pull the ball across goal towards Ki, but thankfully he slipped. I swore he was going to make it 4-4.

Over the moon with this, even though our defending was really suspect. Maybe because Hazard turned in a fucking Ronaldo-esque performance. :worship:

I was on almost on the floor cringing when I saw the Sunderland player pull the ball across goal towards Ki, but thankfully he slipped. I swore he was going to make it 4-4.

You got lucky, my stream froze when the ball was coming to him (and that was before it was obvious he was going to slip).

That's the second time that's happened to me late on this season (after Villa match stream froze just before Weimann had that late shot).

who said mata had a bad game... WTF are you serious?

This was our most creative best offensive display so far and one of the greatest after that bridge-night against barca in 2004/05 CL, and that time it was a perfect athletic game, with crisp and fast passing, but last night ALL THREE creative players were out of this world... and thats what we're missing when Juan DOESN'T play... he faded away after 70 Mins though but I think it was mainly because of that cunt Dossenas tackle, right before the break, before that him and Eden were unbeliveable, after that he still was great but willian and Hazard were better.

But defensively it was a shocker...

Would love Witsel.

Witsel, Ramires, Witsel, Lamps (would play well most games if he is used in a lesser role) and Mikel would get us through until Van Ginkel gets back.

everyone would love Witsel i think. he can do it all in midfield. he will cost more than the 32million pounds Zenit paid for him though.

how on earth willian was excellent? i cant remember one good action by him. always played the ball back to the defender or to our DM. he really couldnt create anything the whole game and drifted in to the centre far too often. he has no clue how to play with our team at the moment.

So you're criticising our central attacking midfielder for drifting into the centre far too often? :rolleyes:

Quality observations there Toli.

Not too sure if the criticisms of Cahill are fair. You could argue that he should be tighter to O'Shea for the second goal but I'm not sure why he was singled out by some. JT simply gets the wrong side of Altidore for their first goal (not the worst thing in the world, and you'd expect Altidore to move the ball onto his right foot not his left) and the third goal is just a mess. Mikel misses a clearance, then Ba isn't tight enough on Bardsley.

There's nothing systematically wrong about the goals we conceded - they just look sloppy. We aren't failing to pick up players in the box, but we're not getting tight enough.

Yesterday, Hazard rose to the task. The best game I ever saw him, last night.

A massive 3 points. Personally, I do not care about the level of performance from Chelsea. All I want is a Chelsea win & 3 important points!

Chelsea made the game difficult. Defending, Torres not converting on two clear occasions to kill the game off, but Chelsea dug in when needed & won it. That´s all matter to me, for now.

Hazard was the man of the match, but it wasn't as clear as some people make it out to be. Super Frank was, indeed, super last night - so he gets my vote for scoring his 208th Chelsea goal. The man is a living legend. Granted he has been very inconsistent this season - that is down to reasons I have documented on multiple occasions, i.e. old age and a lack of options in the CDM role, etc., so I won't re-emphasise those points again - but when he is good, boy, he's damned good. Easily his best display of the season.

We were a little fortunate yesterday though. The scoreline makes Sunderland look a lot better than they really were - we controlled the game for large periods, but that is precisely my concern. How can a team so dominant concede three set-piece goals to a team like Sunderland?! It's not as if the deliveries were fantastic crosses that you can do nothing about; all three goals came about because we failed to sufficiently defend those situations. In the end, we somewhat stumbled over the line - we were indebted to a moment of madness from Bardsley, ultimately, and then ended up having to hold on for dear life against the side that is rooted, quite firmly, to the bottom of the league.

Whilst I am happy - nay, thrilled - without our attacking display last night (indeed, Hazard and Lampard were simply magnificent, Ba was excellent - again - when he came on (surely he is worth a start up against the bully-boys of Stoke?), Mata and Willian were tireless and Ramires, though his passing in the final third was poor, was as industrious as ever and worked very hard for the team defensively, which is, of course, his primary function.

But this performance underlines the fact we need defensive reinforcements in January. Ivanovic had an off game, and not for the first time this season. Even John Terry looked out of sorts; the way he allowed Altidore to turn for their opener was quite uncharacteristic. With every passing game it seems more and more like Cahill is in over his depth - which is a painful realisation when you consider he is, by some distance in my opinion, the more-suited of he and Luiz to Mourinho's defensive set-up, and even Athy-Pilly-Kweta was caught out a number of times against a side who, let's be fair, aren't exactly the most dynamic attacking outfit in the league. Whilst they hardly posed us any problems in open play, the fact we were caught out in an area where we are traditionally very strong is a worry for me. They were three very sloppy goals to concede; the players simply weren't tight enough to the men they should be marking. Granted we miss a kick here or there to make it look sloppier than it was, but the bottom line is we let in three terrible, terrible goals.

So whilst I am buzzing with the result - a win is a win, and boy, we needed one last night with Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Tottenham all winning - I'm a little concerned with the fact that we've conceded 14 goals in as many league matches this year. That isn't the defensive record of a side capable of winning the Premier League, in my opinion. People say we need a striker - and you can argue that we most definitely do - but right now, as far as I'm concerned, we're scoring enough goals, BUT our issue is we're letting far too many in. 1 clean sheet in 9 league matches (and just four all season) is, quite frankly, abysmal.

Multiquote or Quote isn't working for me right now:

@Jamesgodfrey - Great view, been up there myself and it gets a bit fresh that high up. It was far better at Sunderland when they gave us behind the goal at the opposite end.

@kellzfresh - Creating lots of chances, Mata playing for the majority of those two games, coincidence??

A bit poor at set pieces, Jose will sort that out.

Only watched on MOTD but we looked fluent enough. Pat Nevin was giving Dowd a going over on the Chelsea TV live commentary, for being inconsistent. Namely, giving free-kicks to Sunderland for certain things and not giving us free-kicks when similar things were happening to us. I'd disagree, Dowd is very consistent in doing that to us, particularly harsh on JT usually.

Hazard looked excellent last night, I've thought he's been a bit below last seasons standard generally this season. Although his overall goal tally isn't bad. Lampard looked decent on the highlights and Ramires looked his usual 'run twice as far as anyone else' self.