• Torres
    • Ba (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of, if not THE most embarrassingly bad defensive displays I've witnessed.

All of their goals happened the exact same way. Our players couldn't find the damn ball and it looked like a game of pinball in our box. Shocking. I'd be furious if I were Jose.

Hazard was God tier tonight though luckily.

You must be one of the most miserable sods on the earth were you born in Feb 29th

and only get one birthday every 4 years

Yet he was our best player last season? That statement is pure IDIOTIC.

The only thing idiotic here is your lack of reading skills. I said "Mata doesn't fit the football style we're playing". So clearly, I am talking about the PRESENT, not last season.

Some players fit some styles of football, others don't. Ibra was dropped from Barcelona because he couldn't play tiki-taka. That doesn't change the fact he was a wonderful player. Perhaps the best striker in the world at that time.

Same thing with Mata. No matter how good he is, I think he simply won't be able to deliver it with the way we are currently playing.

We've been defending poorly for quite a few games now, so it wasn't an accident.

Once again, we don't keep the football well, which means we are always under threat of a cross, or set pieces... We need to keep the ball better. Starting with the defenders who should be more proactive at intercepting and keeping possession not just blocking, blocking...

Mikel did not help much because they were playing wide and long balls, but he was a bit soft in one of their goals.

You must be one of the most miserable sods on the earth were you born in Feb 29th

He is right though. Our defensive display was appalling. Against a better side we wouldnt have even gotten a point.

Defending was awful at times, but hell.....A win is a win and if Sunderland keep playing like that they wont drop too many more points at home.

Hazard was bloody awesome, Torres was bloody awful... I love the guy but he just isn't cutting the mustard.

Right, bring on Stoke for a clean sweep and 3 more points. If we do win we will have earned 12 points from 4 tough games...........Here's hoping :blue scalf:

if eden had not of been absolutely class I prob would have given it to rami----worked his balls of again...what an engine

eden we want that every week

defence --- sort it out, you have had a consistent selection and still errors!!!

Sorry I get upset when our team does its best to shoot itself in the foot.

Happy for the win of course, but every one of their goals was easily preventable.