• Lampard
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Ba (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)

To be fair though, and I might be in the minority but I thought Lampard was a very close second. Aside from his goal, he also created a lot of our chances today, the ball to Torres (that he really should have done better with) the backheel to Hazard, the awareness to even make that movement while everyone else stood rooted to their spots. Plus he put in a shift. I thought his performance was fantastic. Hazard was just excellent. Top class performance from him, hopefully he's able to put in good performances like these more consistently. We all know what he's capable of!

I agree pal, I thought Lampard had an outstanding game, was definitely our second best player, but Hazard was just out of this world.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our defence looked tired, the same 4 players playing 90 mins in our last 4-5 matches. We need to rotate, too bad we don't have many options.. I wish Kalas was more prepared.

Hazard outshone everyone else and that doesn't mean that the other guys were terrible, but Torres is just, I don't know.

What a joy it is to watch a player like Eden when he is performing like this. He was brilliant tonight. The defence on the other hand was disastrous. Only Azpil performed well from our defenders. I am sick of watching Ivan playing as a rigth back and i can't wait to see "unreliable" Luiz back in the team. No point saying anything about Torres and i was also disappointed by Willian, i don't remember a single positive contribtution from him in the entire game. Really exciting game and a decent overall performance, and like many others already said a win is a win.

You are a clown mate ,I call it as it is Hazard was top boy followed closely by Lampard . Carry on inventing your own truth . See the Hazard thread . so glad you who misrepresents has been proven totally wrong on Lampard though.

My apologies Phil, thought it was you that voted for Lampard.

But; don't think I was a Lampard derider for one bit - yes you can put me in the pro-Mikel camp but that doesn't mean I'm in the anti-Lampard camp.

i love winning, no matter how they come. and in the end, the only important thing is that we got 3 points out of this game, and are still pretty much in touching distance of arsenal and are 2 points ahead of city. next week city play away to southampton and arsenal play against everton so we have a real chance of opening a gap with city and closing the one with arsenal.

i felt the performance was brilliant. in attack we were great but thats football for u. u can play great football, but still screw up by doing the basics wrong, like not defending the set-pieces well.

cech - could not have done anything for the 3 goals. all 3 of them would have been amazing stops if he had. an average performance from the big man. 6/10

iva - he is TIRED. he is working his socks off but he is looking tired. jose must have seen that and noticed it too specially towards the end of the match. his crossing has improved brilliantly, which is a good sign. i felt he should have done better for the 2nd goal in trying to get his foot on the ball to clear the immediate danger. also, he got caught on the ball again to create a situation pretty much like the wba's 2nd goal. 6/10

JT&GC - an off day. they both got owned by ALTIDORE. i mean how is that possible. JT was shocking for the first goal. i mean to let a ST turn and shoot inside the box, is criminal. GC lost his man for the 2nd one who ended scoring the goal. hope they got this out of their system and now we can have a string of clean sheets. 5/10

azpi - good performance. some really good runs off the ball to give hazard that split second of time. good interceptions too. 7/10

rambo - LIKE A BOSS!!! though again, should have done better for the 3rd goal. but i have to say, this guy is the BACKBONE of the team. hats off!!! 8/10

lamps - that run for the hazard goal!!!! just goes on to show that class is always class!!! really good performance but sometimes i want him to take the risk and try to spray the ball better rather than playing rambo in. 8/10

willian - i felt he was not that good. lost a lot of balls. specially in the first half, got bullied off the ball a couple of times by dossena. that attempted cross to hazard was really poor. but credit to him for the 2nd half performance. held onto the ball well, or atleast better, was a constant threat on goal. 7/10

mata - oscar has been our player of the season so far, but if u want to play possession football, mata should very well be in the team. worked hard off the ball too and his vision was just great. the only thing that annoyed me was that he seems to be taking the easier option of passing/crossing/chipping the ball to another player when he can go for the kill. well atleast sometimes he should. 8/10

hazard- WHATTEY PERFORMANCE!!!! now this is HAZARD bitches!!! this is what he can do!! all those people who ridicule when hazard is called on for an average performance or even an above average performance is cos we know what he can do, what he is capable of!!! simply destroyed sunderland today. now, i hope he keeps is up!!! we have a string of difficult matches coming in arsenal (a), swansea (h), pool (h), southampton (a) and we will need his brilliance to win most of these. (should i really even bother giving a rating!!!)

torres- if u cant finish and put the ball in the net when 1v1 with the GK, with the GK on the ground, then there is no point. there was another chance from a corner when any1 from rvp, rooney, suarez, sturridge, aguero, negredo would have put it in. well that is the difference between a comfortable win and a win like this. otherwise, his general play was good. 6/10

subs -

ba - should have scored. should play against stoke. his aerial threat would be much needed. 6/10

mikel - should have cleared the ball for the 3rd goal.

schurrle- N/A.

torres- if u cant finish and put the ball in the net when 1v1 with the GK, with the GK on the ground, then there is no point. there was another chance from a corner when any1 from rvp, rooney, suarez, sturridge, aguero, negredo would have put it in. well that is the difference between a comfortable win and a win like this. otherwise, his general play was good. 6/10

He was anything but good. Cant think of a single thing he did good.

He was anything but good. Cant think of a single thing he did good.

his link-up play was good. he held the ball well enough. took on players. i remember his low cross across the 6 yard box which hazard should have scored from only if he had gambled to make a far post run (which i feel a winger should always do and some1 like schurrle would definitely have done).

I really don't see another talking point from this game. Eden Hazard that's all.

That was quite simply the best performance of skill, technique, explosiveness and command I've seen from a Chelsea wide man, he was on another planet. That game is what I expected to see with more regularity from him when we signed him.

i love winning, no matter how they come. and in the end, the only important thing is that we got 3 points out of this game, and are still pretty much in touching distance of arsenal and are 2 points ahead of city. next week city play away to southampton and arsenal play against everton so we have a real chance of opening a gap with city and closing the one with arsenal.

i felt the performance was brilliant. in attack we were great but thats football for u. u can play great football, but still screw up by doing the basics wrong, like not defending the set-pieces well.

cech - could not have done anything for the 3 goals. all 3 of them would have been amazing stops if he had. an average performance from the big man. 6/10

iva - he is TIRED. he is working his socks off but he is looking tired. jose must have seen that and noticed it too specially towards the end of the match. his crossing has improved brilliantly, which is a good sign. i felt he should have done better for the 2nd goal in trying to get his foot on the ball to clear the immediate danger. also, he got caught on the ball again to create a situation pretty much like the wba's 2nd goal. 6/10

JT&GC - an off day. they both got owned by ALTIDORE. i mean how is that possible. JT was shocking for the first goal. i mean to let a ST turn and shoot inside the box, is criminal. GC lost his man for the 2nd one who ended scoring the goal. hope they got this out of their system and now we can have a string of clean sheets. 5/10

azpi - good performance. some really good runs off the ball to give hazard that split second of time. good interceptions too. 7/10

rambo - LIKE A BOSS!!! though again, should have done better for the 3rd goal. but i have to say, this guy is the BACKBONE of the team. hats off!!! 8/10

lamps - that run for the hazard goal!!!! just goes on to show that class is always class!!! really good performance but sometimes i want him to take the risk and try to spray the ball better rather than playing rambo in. 8/10

willian - i felt he was not that good. lost a lot of balls. specially in the first half, got bullied off the ball a couple of times by dossena. that attempted cross to hazard was really poor. but credit to him for the 2nd half performance. held onto the ball well, or atleast better, was a constant threat on goal. 7/10

mata - oscar has been our player of the season so far, but if u want to play possession football, mata should very well be in the team. worked hard off the ball too and his vision was just great. the only thing that annoyed me was that he seems to be taking the easier option of passing/crossing/chipping the ball to another player when he can go for the kill. well atleast sometimes he should. 8/10

hazard- WHATTEY PERFORMANCE!!!! now this is HAZARD bitches!!! this is what he can do!! all those people who ridicule when hazard is called on for an average performance or even an above average performance is cos we know what he can do, what he is capable of!!! simply destroyed sunderland today. now, i hope he keeps is up!!! we have a string of difficult matches coming in arsenal (a), swansea (h), pool (h), southampton (a) and we will need his brilliance to win most of these.

subs -

ba - should have scored. should play against stoke. his aerial threat would be much needed. 6/10

mikel - should have cleared the ball for the 3rd goal.

schurrle- N/A.

you didnt give a rating for Hazard ?

Just got back, brilliant night, bumped into Ross Turnbull and he got his photo with my boy....

The game was madness, we where shite from their set pieces and sublime going forward. Hazard produced that performance I knew and wanted from him, he drove at players like I keep wanting and some of his flicks and tricks where sublime. He needs to stay at that level now. His little touch for Frank and the back heel back to him was superb, had us in the away end on our feet and did that all night.

Willian was a little on the fringes of the game and I felt Schurrle should of been on earlier but I am not Jose he knows best. A really satisfying away win with great vocal support and beers flowing all night. Azpi was great again, guy is really making in roads on that left side, had another really good game.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, another three points on the road and I have a happy seven year old boy seeing his heroes win.

Carefreeeeee!!!!