• Torres
    • Ba (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Branna need a rest, it was already obviously after Basel. And playing him and Azpi leave us extremely short in defence, because Iva also cover CD spot, there with Luiz upset we have no cover at all. Can understand Jose desire to bring some stability in the line, but this mix made us too short and it looks like we already paying for this. Hopefully Luiz is back soon and Cole will make some impact as well.

I guess I have a sweetspot for trolls..

I can see beyond his 'trollness' - he's a true blue. regardless of how biased he is..

there is a difference in being biased and being what phil is?

i love DD, i love him to death, but that does not mean that i say that he is better than CR and messi or zidane.

Our attack was fine, don't know how anyone could say Mata and Willian had a horrible game. Granted they didn't play like Hazard but they had decent games.

Willian couldnt create anything at all. all he did is getting the ball and playing backwards or to the men standing next to him. and Mata also couldnt create any chance at all. and in the 2nd half he was a total passenger.

futhermore we cant get any width to our game. azpi cant attack as a LB, and Ivas attacks are mostly just embarassing. he cant cross properly and his passing game is also limited...if not hazard, we would not have created anything today I think.

Stoke and Crystal Palace coming up, anything less than six points will be an utter failure.

Arsenal have a four point gap on us but they'll be facing Everton and Manchester City next, not to mention the tough visit to Napoli in between those two and they need to get at least a point from that game to ensure they finish top of their group so a weakened side is out of the question. Their squad depth is not as good as ours so either they will be knackered by the time we play them in a couple of weeks or they'll rotate a little and risk losing points. Either way it will be good for us, though I wouldn't mind them snatching a draw from their game against Man City because in the long run I see City as a more threatening rival than Arsenal.

Would be Phil who would give MOTM to Lamps right... I'll admit he's quite funny.

To be fair though, and I might be in the minority but I thought Lampard was a very close second. Aside from his goal, he also created a lot of our chances today, the ball to Torres (that he really should have done better with) the backheel to Hazard, the awareness to even make that movement while everyone else stood rooted to their spots. Plus he put in a shift. I thought his performance was fantastic. Hazard was just excellent. Top class performance from him, hopefully he's able to put in good performances like these more consistently. We all know what he's capable of!

Played some wonderful stuff tonight going forward but defensively, we were atrocious. To concede 3 goals from set pieces is abysmal! :banghead: Otherwise, Hazard was exceptional tonight. Scored 2 great goals. The challenge for him is to keep this up. Must improve consistency!

wow another mug who like to invent his own truth .

Lol.

Phil if you've read my other posts you'll realise that I said that Lampard was superb today. If Hazard wasn't out of this world he would've deserved MOTM easily - but it's just funny how you've given it to Lamps instead of Hazard as you'd definitely be one of the people to do so.

The only thing idiotic here is your lack of reading skills. I said "Mata doesn't fit the football style we're playing". So clearly, I am talking about the PRESENT, not last season.

Some players fit some styles of football, others don't. Ibra was dropped from Barcelona because he couldn't play tiki-taka. That doesn't change the fact he was a wonderful player. Perhaps the best striker in the world at that time.

Same thing with Mata. No matter how good he is, I think he simply won't be able to deliver it with the way we are currently playing.

More assumptions, but they are all wrong.

1. Ibra wasnt dropped in Barca because he didnt tiki-taka. He was dropped because that little rat Messi got his feelings hurt and Ibra+Guardiola quickly got on the wrong foot. You dont drop a player who scores goals because he isnt scoring them by joining the tiki-taka.

2. Our style of football is basically the same this season as last.

3. Mata is delivering, and he will deliver. He needs playtime. And what he also needs is a proper fucking striker. Because what Mata is best at, what he's been doing and still trying to do is, is to feed (especially Torres) the striker with the ball so that he can score. Mata is a genius and actually fits our playstyle more than excellent if you just look at it. Our problem is that Torres shows up for 1 out of 5 games...amongst other things.

Willian couldnt create anything at all. all he did is getting the ball and playing backwards or to the men standing next to him. and Mata also couldnt create any chance at all. and in the 2nd half he was a total passenger.

futhermore we cant get any width to our game. azpi cant attack as a LB, and Ivas attacks are mostly just embarassing. he cant cross properly and his passing game is also limited...if not hazard, we would not have created anything today I think.

I know they didn't have phenomenal games but the fluidity behind Torres was great to see, and that was due to Mata, Willian, Hazard, Lampard and Ramires all keeping the ball very well.

I felt Mata especially conducted our play very well in general and organised our attack well too.

To say they had horrible games is just wrong to me. They all had very decent games and provided the platform for us to score four goals today.

Lol.

Phil if you've read my other posts you'll realise that I said that Lampard was superb today. If Hazard wasn't out of this world he would've deserved MOTM easily - but it's just funny how you've given it to Lamps instead of Hazard as you'd definitely be one of the people to do so.

You are a clown mate ,I call it as it is Hazard was top boy followed closely by Lampard . Carry on inventing your own truth . See the Hazard thread . so glad you who misrepresents has been proven totally wrong on Lampard though.