Norwich v Chelsea

BlueLion.

This. I hate how people believe he cannot hit it at us just because he scores at inferior teams and there is theory that he will struggle at us because teams defend deep. Look when Welbeck was loaned out to Sunderland 3 seasons ago. He done well in that season and only got 6 goals that season before he got injured but clearly done enough to convince Fergie to make him part of his plans the following season and he became an integral part of United's team, getting into double figures. I am sure teams defend deep against United right? Yet did that stop Welbeck from scoring? No. I hope he has another excellent season at Everton but he really should be here. Compare what Lukaku done at WBA and what Welbeck done at Sunderland. Lukaku scored much more and there would be no doubt once in his stride he would get goals here.

Are you referencing Welbeck to support a claim that Lukaku should play? yikes!

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. I hate how people believe he cannot hit it at us just because he scores at inferior teams and there is theory that he will struggle at us because teams defend deep. Look when Welbeck was loaned out to Sunderland 3 seasons ago. He done well in that season and only got 6 goals that season before he got injured but clearly done enough to convince Fergie to make him part of his plans the following season and he became an integral part of United's team, getting into double figures. I am sure teams defend deep against United right? Yet did that stop Welbeck from scoring? No. I hope he has another excellent season at Everton but he really should be here. Compare what Lukaku done at WBA and what Welbeck done at Sunderland. Lukaku scored much more and there would be no doubt once in his stride he would get goals here.

as much as i agree with what u WANT to say, the example u have given is not the most apt one. welbeck just sucks man... :)

Are you referencing Welbeck to support a claim that Lukaku should play? yikes!

He got into double figures the following season and while he has not scored much recently he is actually a good player. But what I am saying is our strikers are actually no better than Lukaku. Anyway he is not coming back for this season so will just have to support him on at Everton and hope our strikers hit form while he is on loan once again.

He got into double figures the following season and while he has not scored much recently he is actually a good player. But what I am saying is our strikers are actually no better than Lukaku. Anyway he is not coming back for this season so will just have to support him on at Everton and hope our strikers hit form while he is on loan once again.

you are right our strikers aren't necessarily better than Lukaku, what they are is more experienced and have played at the highest level in the game. Lukaku is not going to be given the same opportunities to grow and make mistakes at Chelsea as he would at Everton. When he makes mistakes for us its costs us titles and perhaps champions league, at Everton there is less pressure to perform... He's in a good place people he'll come back to us better than ever after this spell.

lukaku scored 17 goals with wba - but its just wba, so who cares.

lukaku has scored 3 goals in 2 matches, with one assist for everton, but that is useless too since its only everton

so tell me , lukaku-hater, what exactly should lukaku do to get into the chelsea team, while constantly being away from chelsea and being on loans? really waiting for your reply.

I guess the main problem is that he still struggles a bit with teams that play deep and with too many players behind the ball. that doesn't happen against teams like Everton and much less West Brom... he works great as a target-man in a team where the opponents don't defend exhaustively. He'll keep improving though and I guess he'll come back to us improved because a few teams might park the bus against Everton at Goodison Park

I guess the main problem is that he still struggles a bit with teams that play deep and with too many players behind the ball. that doesn't happen against teams like Everton and much less West Brom... he works great as a target-man in a team where the opponents don't defend exhaustively. He'll keep improving though and I guess he'll come back to us improved because a few teams might park the bus against Everton at Goodison Park

how do u know??? he has played 3 games with us this season, all as subs.lets take a look, at what point he has played for us

2-0 against hull city, when hull city were actually looking better than us except for the first 15 minutes.

2-1 against villa, brought in to waste time and counter rather than break a defence that was playing deep.

2-1 against bayern munich with 10 men and barely even looking to attack.

if u making this statement on his pre-season performance, then he has 5 goals when we were trying to break down teams compared to i think 0 each from torres and ba.

so how r u and most of the people here, making that assumption is beyond me.

I LOVE Lukaku but he needs to further develop his game in order to play on a team competing for everything. He's not far away and probably could've played a part this year but like Courtois, if he's not ready to be the guy he's better off going to a place where he can play loads.

i know. lukaku had to go to a loan. it was a reply to the @etarod (or some1) who has been on lukaku's case for sometime now. even after lukaku's first goal for everton (the header), he took a cheap shot at him, saying, "some players are born to play for mid-table clubs". after his 2nd dig today. i simply could not control myself.

I LOVE Lukaku but he needs to further develop his game in order to play on a team competing for everything. He's not far away and probably could've played a part this year but like Courtois, if he's not ready to be the guy he's better off going to a place where he can play loads.

No offence, but Courtois is ready to play for any side in the world. The only thing that keeps him from Stamford Bridge is the legend called Cech.

As far as Lukaku is concerned, there's a reason why the majority of our fanbase and nearly all the pundits find it a ludicrous loan deal. Is he ready to lead the line for Chelsea? Not really..

Is he the best choice we have? Definately.

It's hardly nonsense, it's called logic.

No offense, but Courtois is ready to play for any side in the world. The only thing that keeps him from Stamford Bridge is the legend called Cech.

As far as Lukaku is concerned, there's a reason why the majority of our fanbase and nearly all the pundits find it a ludicrous loan deal. Is he ready to lead the line for Chelsea? Not really..

None taken, and that's the point. UNTIL HE IS TO BE THE GUY(he isn't because Cech is the guy)

Again if he's not ready to lead the line than he's best to go out on loan... Simple. and I don't give two shits what pundits and fans think, clearly the opinion that matters is Jose's and he's made the decision he's not ready. In Eto'o, Torres and Ba we have loads of experience and players who have scored and played in the biggest games football can offer. Lukaku is physically mature but mentally immature and its for that reason he's not at the club.

None taken, and that's the point. UNTIL HE IS TO BE THE GUY(he isn't because Cech is the guy)

Again if he's not ready to lead the line than he's best to go out on loan... Simple. and I don't give two shits what pundits and fans think, clearly the opinion that matters is Jose's and he's made the decision he's not ready. In Eto'o, Torres and Ba we have loads of experience and players who have scored and played in the biggest games football can offer. Lukaku is physically mature but mentally immature and its for that reason he's not at the club.

Why do you say he's mentally immature? He's exactly the opposite. It's some of his abilities on the pitch that needs improvement, not his head.

I respect your opinion but Eto'o is a has-been, Torres is Torres and Ba is not good enough. Lukaku would have made us a stronger team to challenge for the title and in the end that is all that matters to me.

how do u know??? he has played 3 games with us this season, all as subs.lets take a look, at what point he has played for us

2-0 against hull city, when hull city were actually looking better than us except for the first 15 minutes.

2-1 against villa, brought in to waste time and counter rather than break a defence that was playing deep.

2-1 against bayern munich with 10 men and barely even looking to attack.

if u making this statement on his pre-season performance, then he has 5 goals when we were trying to break down teams compared to i think 0 each from torres and ba.

so how r u and most of the people here, making that assumption is beyond me.

yeah I meant that when facing defensive teams (although they don't park the bus, just defend the Italian style) like Inter, Milan (against Roma he did nothing and if his shot doesn't touch the opponent, the goal wouldn't have happened because the ball was clearly going to go wide, even though he was 2m from the goal and unmarked) and a well organized defensive team like Madrid he basically did nothing. When the real test in pre-season came he had no answer to give. He has been fabulous against the Asian sides but that was it. He was even chosen as flop of the match against Madrid by goal.com...

I also watched him in Belgium a few times this season and he added nothing when he came in (and absolutely nothing at all the whole match he started, except early in the second half with a couple of plays) because at least the matches I've watched teams were well planted defensively against Belgium...

but mate, that's only my opinion, I'm stating it as a fact - which is why I said I guess ;)

we can agree to disagree

edit: I meant I'm not stating it like a fact. I'm the 'not' eater queen :P

Why do you say he's mentally immature? He's exactly the opposite. It's some of his abilities on the pitch that needs improvement, not his head.

I respect your opinion but Eto'o is a has-been, Torres is Torres and Ba is not good enough. Lukaku would have made us a stronger team to challenge for the title and in the end that is all that matters to me.

He is immature in a football sense. Fact. He hasn't had any experience at the highest competitions. We already have an extremely young team and only time will tell if Eto'o is a has-been, to be quite frank I haven't seen any evidence of it. He hasn't scored yet but everything he's doing on the pitch so far leads me to believe its only a matter of time. Torres has been brilliant to start this campaign, perhaps Jose is like the dog whisperer and has him close to what he once was? I'm starting to believe he is! Ba is the 3rd striker in a system that uses one, he can also play out wide something Lukaku can't.

yeah I meant that when facing defensive teams (although they don't park the bus, just defend the Italian style) like Inter, Milan (against Roma he did nothing and if his shot doesn't touch the opponent, the goal wouldn't have happened because the ball was clearly going to go wide, even though he was 2m from the goal and unmarked) and a well organized defensive team like Madrid he basically did nothing. When the real test in pre-season came he had no answer to give. He has been fabulous against the Asian sides but that was it. He was even chosen as flop of the match against Madrid by goal.com...

I also watched him in Belgium a few times this season and he added nothing when he came in (and absolutely nothing at all the whole match he started, except early in the second half with a couple of plays) because at least the matches I've watched teams were well planted defensively against Belgium...

but mate, that's only my opinion, I'm stating it as a fact - which is why I said I guess ;)

we can agree to disagree

we were 0-1 down when torres was playing in the first half. we won the match 2-1 with lukaku on the pitch, with lukaku grabbing the winner. and somehow u r using that against lukaku.

the real match, lukaku was poor. but i dont think u can even count RM for your argument. your argument is he struggles with teams that play DEEP. except for barca, i dont think any defensive plays higher. and in that match, he struggled to link up with eden and oscar. and dont forget it was lamps' first pre-season match and we were struggling badly in the first half.

against ac milan, lukaku played the 2nd half when we were 1-0 up. i would like to jog your memory here a little. the 2nd half was totally open. with schurlle scoring in extra-time but missing some absolute sitters on the way. lukaku was pretty decent. and again, he played when we were countering.

against inter milan lukaku was real good. i remember him hitting the post and creating chances. i dont know what u meant when u said he did NOTHING. we probably watched a lot of different games.

as for the belgium argument, let me get this straight, we should not use lukaku's stats and performances for wba and everton but his substitute performance for belgium when he replaces benteke is a valid argument!!! seriously dont think thats fair.

we can agree to disagree, but honestly speaking i dont mind agreeing with something that i disagree with IF i am actually wrong. i seriously doubt that is the case here. we are sending lukaku on loan to see if he has what it takes to lead a line, be the no.1 striker (and to develop/improve). and when he is showing us that he can score goals and actually win matches for a team, we are simply discrediting his work by saying "its not the same". then tell me what is the point of the loan itself? then just let him play for our under21/reserves team because they will play as many matches as everton would in a season (38 +1 carling cup+ 3? fa cup) + he can play all our carling cup, fa cup and ucl dead rubber matches.

No offence, but Courtois is ready to play for any side in the world. The only thing that keeps him from Stamford Bridge is the legend called Cech.

I disagree with your second statement, but I totally agree with TC.

I really don't think he has a future for Chelsea (lukaku). At this rate, they might just be working him up so they can sell him at a higher price... I fully expect Mourinho to go buy another CF that is in his prime or reaching it...