Norwich v Chelsea

BlueLion.

There was no logical reason to play him there against Spurs. But he did.

Agree but it's Spurs, you can maybe understand why Mourinho played Ramires on the RW to stifle them up. However, this is Norwich. Playing Ramires there to be defensive against a team that is likely to be defensive against us is even more ridiculous than having him there at WHL last Saturday.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's these type of games that win or lose you title's.

Fergie's record in big games wasn't great, away from home it was borderline crap, but he never forgot the importance of beating the bottom sides, that's were we have fallen since Jose was here last and that's why Rafa has never won a PL title.

If only we have a goalscorer to bang in 30 goals a season.. :ph34r:

Why play Willian? I can give you 30 million reasons! The way we we stole him from Spuds I was expecting him to immediately start playing. We saw what he was capable of last season and he ain't gonna get up to that standard if he's not playing.

As for Ivanovic, I agree he's been great but he doesn't need to play every game. This shouldn't exactly be a top opponent. If it were against City I'd obviously start him but Azpi can play these lesser opponents.

Norwich away is not a 'lesser opponent'. That's a tough fucking game and right now we need to pick up points on a consistent basis.

I like Azpi but he has shown fuck all this season to warrant a place on the subs bench, let alone the starting line-up. Willian has a slightly better chance but I still think we need to go with the team who started against Steaua rather than chopping and changing for the sake of it.

This should be a comfortable victory. Unfortunately I'm going to a weekend long outdoor party and I will be missing this one. Hopefully the have a TV broadcasting the game somewhere.

Essien and Rami in the pivot please.

Norwich away is not a 'lesser opponent'. That's a tough fucking game and right now we need to pick up points on a consistent basis.

I like Azpi but he has shown fuck all this season to warrant a place on the subs bench, let alone the starting line-up. Willian has a slightly better chance but I still think we need to go with the team who started against Steaua rather than chopping and changing for the sake of it.

I respect your opinion, but if Norwich aren't a lesser opponent (by which I mean if we were to play them in say, 10 straight matches, we'd probably win them all) then who is? Any side in the league that is a possible relegation candidate is a lesser opponent in my eyes.

I'm not questioning the importance of the points. We must get the win, but this isn't City or United where we can't afford to take risks with our team.

I respect your opinion, but if Norwich aren't a lesser opponent (by which I mean if we were to play them in say, 10 straight matches, we'd probably win them all) then who is? Any side in the league that is a possible relegation candidate is a lesser opponent in my eyes.

I'm not questioning the importance of the points. We must get the win, but this isn't City or United where we can't afford to take risks with our team.

Norwich at home is a game where you can make changes, but away from home at this point in time then I'd be looking for us to get some consistency within the team and build on the result against Steaua. I'd like to see Willian get some starts but I think Mata and Oscar need more time together to build a rapport in Jose's team.

I do Essien-Rambo

Willian-Mata-Schurrle

Ba

I don't know why either Ba or Essien cant get playing time..

yeah lets just change the DM, the 3 players behind the striker and the striker himself...it aint like we have to win this, nah we are in a comfortable situation and can lose points without problems :)

dont get why people want to see Essien that much. he is a nice guy yes, but he is past it. would either give KDB the spot in the pivot than Essien.

While many of us would like Willian to start I really think Jose has his doubts about whether he is 100% match sharp yet so I doubt Mourinho will start him. I don't know if he will give Oscar a breather from the starting line up for this game and if he does I fear people's worse nightmare may happen again as I can easily see Mourinho putting Ramires on the RW with a pivot of Mikel and Lamps.

Quite a tough place to go but confident we will get the three points. Since they got promoted back to the PL we have drawn 0-0 and beat them 1-0 last season through a brilliant goal by Mata. So has not been much to separate the teams in previous meetings but hoping Mata inspires us to another victory on Sunday blue%20scalf.gif

While many of us would like Willian to start I really think Jose has his doubts about whether he is 100% match sharp yet so I doubt Mourinho will start him. I don't know if he will give Oscar a breather from the starting line up for this game and if he does I fear people's worse nightmare may happen again as I can easily see Mourinho putting Ramires on the RW with a pivot of Mikel and Lamps.

He will only get match sharp through games, he should start this for me, on the right with Ramires with Mikel central.

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires Mikel

Willian Mata Schurrle

Ba

He will only get match sharp through games, he should start this for me, on the right with Ramires with Mikel central.

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires Mikel

Willian Mata Schurrle

Ba

I would like to see that to but whether he will do that for this game, I do not know. I am guessing he will stick to Rami and Lamps as well and Eto'o will start 100%.