Swindon v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, there is no point in playing Mata in the #10 role just so that he is comfortable there. He wants him to adapt to the winger role now that Oscar is the preferred man in the hole.

It would be ridiculous to play him in the centre and lose his place again in the team to Oscar for the Spurs game.

A solid performance from Mata guarantees a 'Mata- Oscar- LW' combination against Spurs. Wouldn't be surprised if we get to see the MaZaCar amigos starting next week against Spuds.

TBH, it's highly unlikely that Mata will start at White Hart Lane this Saturday even if he put in a good/great performance tomorrow. He isn't suddenly just going to get 100% better of what Mourinho demands of him after 1 game and play him in a match where he has to defend against Rose or Walker out wide. If anything it will likely be Schurrle or Willian to start alongside Oscar and Hazard as the trio behind the ST against Spurs. A good performance from Mata will certainly put himself into Mourinho's consideration to start in the other upcoming matches but not at WHL against Spurs.

TBH, it's highly unlikely that Mata will start at White Hart Lane this Saturday even he put in a good/great performance tomorrow. He isn't suddenly just going to get 100% better of what Mourinho demands of him after 1 game and play him in a match where he has to defend against Rose or Walker out wide. If anything it will likely be Schurrle or Willian to start alongside Oscar and Hazard as the trio behind the ST against Spurs. A good performance from Mata will certainly put himself into Mourinho's consideration to start in the other upcoming matches but not at WHL against Spurs.

True, i think a good performance will get him starts against Steuna and Norwich, however.

TBH, it's highly unlikely that Mata will start at White Hart Lane this Saturday even he put in a good/great performance tomorrow. He isn't suddenly just going to get 100% better of what Mourinho demands of him after 1 game and play him in a match where he has to defend against Rose or Walker out wide. If anything it will likely be Schurrle or Willian to start alongside Oscar and Hazard as the trio behind the ST against Spurs. A good performance from Mata will certainly put himself into Mourinho's consideration to start in the other upcoming matches but not at WHL against Spurs.

Nah, If he gives a great performance in the wings tomorrow, he is very much likely to start at WHL.

If Mour is anyhow trying to bring the better out of Mata, then he is not going to break his spirit by benching him against Spurs. That'll be the exact opposite of what he's working on here.

Nah, If he gives a great performance in the wings tomorrow, he is very much likely to start at WHL.

If Mour is anyhow trying to bring the better out of Mata, then he is not going to break his spirit by benching him against Spurs. That'll be the exact opposite of what he's working on here.

Playing against Swindon is a different proposition altogether against Tottenham.

Mourinho hasn't exactly been playing Mata up till now is because he still wants him to adapt and like I said earlier, playing great against Swindon doesn't mean he has suddenly done that 100%. Jose isn't going to all sentimental and take a risk to play Mata, with his defensive deficiency at this point, to defend against the attacking FB and/or wide players of Spurs. He'll go with the ones that he has the trust now and ones that can do the job like when we play United at Old Trafford.

And if Mourinho doesn't want to break Mata's spirit should he play well against Swindon by dropping him out at Saturday, he would have done so with Torres who played decently against Bayern but was nowhere exactly to be seen then with Eto'o coming and straight away taking the ST spot.

Agree with this. And bear in mind Mata destroyed Spurs at 3 point Lane last year (albeit playing centrally). I think if Mata plays well tomorrow he's got a fair chance of starting against the Spuds.

Playing against Swindon is a different proposition altogether against Tottenham.

Mourinho hasn't exactly been playing Mata up till now is because he still wants him to adapt and like I said earlier, playing great against Swindon doesn't mean he has suddenly done that 100%. Jose isn't going to all sentimental and take a risk to play Mata, with his defensive deficiency at this point, to defend against the attacking FB and/or wide players of Spurs. He'll go with the ones that he has the trust now and ones that can do the job like when we play United at Old Trafford.

And if Mourinho doesn't want to break Mata's spirit should he play well against Swindon by dropping him out at Saturday, he would have done so with Torres who played decently against Bayern but was nowhere exactly to be seen then with Eto'o coming and straight away taking the ST spot.

Guess he can't do everything right. He can't crush our best player just like that just cause he can. Ivanovic can defend against the overlapping FB against Spurs if he sits tight at defense.

And its not like Mata can't defend at all. He just need to improve his work rate and be more like a runner with the ball for the counters. 60 minutes and a start against Spurs will do a world of good for Mata and our team.

Guess he can't do everything right. He can't crush our best player just like that just cause he can. Ivanovic can defend against the overlapping FB against Spurs if he sits tight at defense.

And its not like Mata can't defend at all. He just need to improve his work rate and be more like a runner with the ball for the counters. 60 minutes and a start against Spurs will do a world of good for Mata and our team.

I also desperately want to see Mata start at WHL and tear them to shreds again but really, that post is just filled with too much emotional influence.

If Mata playing out wide doesn't help out his FB to defend, then that FB would not only get overlapped but also overloaded. You're making it sound so simple and easy thing to do there when it's not. And no one is saying Mata can't defend. It's just that his workrate and defensive work off the ball is not great at all at this point. Like I've been saying, he may do well against Swindon but it doesn't mean he's gonna do the same and do at the consistent level required of him from Mourinho after 1 game when he's still adapting. It takes time and Mourinho will not run the risk in a big away game like that. Had Mourinho wanted to help Mata, keep his spirit up, help the team and all that, would have done so in the past few matches but didn't. He's not gonna go all sentimental and be so easily convinced after just 1 game.

I think Mata will only get a real chance if Oscar is injured ...and I pray that won't happen. I am really sorry to see Mata being pushed to one side ,,,Personally I would rather

see him at Number 9 than Torres ,,,,Think about it ,,,It is not as stupid as it first sounds.

---------- Schwarzer

Cesar --- Luiz - Kalas - Bertrand

---- Van Ginkel - Essien

DeBruyne - Mata - Willian

----------- Torres

I start Torres mainly because he needs to score. Everything else just points to rest for the "still forming" starting XI. The game against the Spurs away is paramount! This game should prove why having so much depth is important to a team trying to win everything.

Anything under a 3-0 will be a big let off.