Jase

Man of the Match  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this type of fanboyism should have no place as we are all Chelsea fans or are we not?

Oscar was clearly the MoTM when things were tough. However happy you are that Mikel scored should not really become a bigger event than the poor performance and that we were only able to play well after the shitty side that Fulham are got tired in the second half.

You know football does not happen in a vacuum; we played Fulham.

Bro, he was joking; he was just really awed and excited that MIKEL scored!!

'He will be playing from the beginning against Swindon. I hope he tells me I have been wrong on the pitch'

'He's a top kid, and a very good professional, so I am waiting for a professional reaction'. -
Jose on Mata

We still lack creativity. Jose might not be 100% confident in Juan or KDB, but imo one of those two must be part of the first XI. They are by far our most creative players. Oscar is amazing but he's not creative enough to unlock teams that sit deep.

Agreed. KDB's pass to Torres was a great example, be it offside it was the best pass of the game.

So I guess you did not see the 1x1 Bent had with Cech when our defenders played up the pitch and in a freaking line! people really see what they want to see... :rolleyes:

???? cech - good stop to keep it 0-0 from bent.

THAT WAS THE FIRST THING I WROTE FOR CECH. people seriously need to read better.

???? cech - good stop to keep it 0-0 from bent.

THAT WAS THE FIRST THING I WROTE FOR CECH. people seriously need to read better.

that's not what I was talking about. You praised the CB pairing even though they made a glaring mistake essentially conceding a goal. Yes, Cech stopped the shot, but Bent is just a mediocre striker. Once again, happy it was Liverpool playing Southampton today.

Mourinho the magician made Mikel score. Anyone doubt him? Oh and we are in a top of the table crisis. (We shut up those crisis bastards).

But this win shouldn't mean we forget our issues. Schurrle isn't good against sides that park the bus, we ought to play Mata instead of him.

This actually happened people! BELIEVE IT!

BUtNUwZCQAAiuPs.jpg

I completely disagree about André (not necessarily about Mata).

When a team parks the bus ahead of us we need width and penetration and he offers both. I think it's harder to play through the middle against teams lying too deep than not.

that's not what I was talking about. You praised the CB pairing even though they made a glaring mistake essentially conceding a goal. Yes, Cech stopped the shot, but Bent is just a mediocre striker. Once again, happy it was Liverpool playing Southampton today.

the high did seem to cause a problem or 2 in the start but dealt with it brilliantly

i probably should have elaborated more on them but one chance in the start of the match does make it a poor performance. they were rock solid after that and fulham dint even have a half chance. anyways the sentence itself showed that i do "watch the match well". for me cahill-jt is the best CB partnership we have right now. they look solid while playing together.

the high did seem to cause a problem or 2 in the start but dealt with it brilliantly

i probably should have elaborated more on them but one chance in the start of the match does make it a poor performance. they were rock solid after that and fulham dint even have a half chance. anyways the sentence itself showed that i do "watch the match well". for me cahill-jt is the best CB partnership we have right now. they look solid while playing together.

we disagree on fundamentals here. For me you cannot have slow players AND at the same time play a high defensive line.

You cannot also apply pressure on opponents, especially at home, without playing a high defensive line. I mean you can, but it usually does not work because there will be too much space between the lines.

we disagree on fundamentals here. For me you cannot have slow players AND at the same time play a high defensive line.

You cannot also apply pressure on opponents, especially at home, without playing a high defensive line. I mean you can, but it usually does not work because there will be too much space between the lines.

true but even then they were able to stop fulham from having even a good shot on target except for that one oppurtunity. at the end of the day what matters is getting a clean sheet. cahill-jt have played 3 matches together, got 2 clean sheets and conceded a goal which was absolutely unstoppable (benteke).also we look comfortable with this combo at the back.

true but even then they were able to stop fulham from having even a good shot on target except for that one oppurtunity. at the end of the day what matters is getting a clean sheet. cahill-jt have played 3 matches together, got 2 clean sheets and conceded a goal which was absolutely unstoppable (benteke).also we look comfortable with this combo at the back.

sure thing, but we did not play Southampton or Villa, nor did we play away from home.

You know. it's extremely worrying to me that we had to start all our most defensive-minded players at once to play Fulham @ the bridge. Fulham are my pick for relegation,not only for their poor technical display, but especially for how tired they got in the second half. If I were a Fulham fan, I'd be asking what the hell they've been doing in the preseason.

I do understand why Mourinho did what he did though - he said that himself during the pre-game interview (build some confidence). And he also said the result was a lot better than the performance in the post-game interview; he actually said we played better against Everton even though we lost there. I tend to agree.