Chelsea 2-0 Fulham

Jase

Man of the Match  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

So I guess you did not see the 1x1 Bent had with Cech when our defenders played up the pitch and in a freaking line! people really see what they want to see... :rolleyes:

That is what is got AVB fired. Playing high line with JT and cahill. Especially JT and his lack of pace. But if teams sit back, we have to push up. But the moment we lose the ball its counter attack and an opportunity on goal.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is playing mind games as he always has done. He is pushing at Mata specifically. My guess (or fear) is that he wants Mata unhappy enough to request to permission to transfer but my hope is he is trying to make him fight for his spot. It is hard to say with Jose and one of my least favorite things about him. I detest mind games in any aspect of life.

I was shocked to hear Mikel scored... more than it shocked me to hear that it was his first for Chelsea! Someone above mentioned it above, that he could be a great player if he would just mature and be more composed. I have to agree but I have to wonder how long we are supposed to wait for this to happen. It isn't like he is 20 years old anymore or in his first few seasons.

Happy with the win, have read the review and your comments, but missed the game as it was on after midnight here and already asleep since I was not feeling well. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good observations. Long term Chelsea fans will tell you, this is Jose's way. I remember when Chelsea fought this protracted battle with Man U over Mikel and he came played a few games and was relegated to the reserves. Look at him now. Everyone seems to forget that Chelsea has had no style since the changing of the guards. Different managers and different philosophies. We have to have our own style instead of continuing on the same path of packing the bus and playing for counter attacks. This style is not going to get us someplace.

We have young players and a new squad, we need to develop our own pattern. Spain has their pattern and their top teams plays in the same format. Does England and English players have a pattern? We can't play like Spain, we are not Spaniards, nor are we Madristas or Catalonians. I wish people will let the man build his team and give us another team for another ten years. People seen to forget that the team Jose left was the one that won all these trophies for Chelsea. Before Jose we had no team. New team new philosophies and newer ideas. My two pence.

Have found him to be contradicting really. He said Mata hasn't been playing well, needs to work harder and find that consistency. But yet at the same time, he continues to play Cole, Lampard, Hazard etc when they haven't exactly been doing all those things Mourinho asked Mata to do. And just like before the match today, said he rotated the midfield to keep things fresh after the tough game in midweek but continues to play Hazard when he has been struggling a bit of late.

that is he doing for quite some time. he also said at Madrid everbody would defend and attack- in the end Ronaldo didnt have to defend. I think is a clear agenda against Mata. its embarassing to let him play against Swindon ffs. and people on this board seem to just accept this. really no respect towards our player. Dont think Mata will accept to play on a position he isnt really used to and how can a player change his style in between a few weeks when he has played differently for 2 years now. a great coach has to adapt his team towards his best players. and our best player is mata...

I completely disagree about André (not necessarily about Mata).

When a team parks the bus ahead of us we need width and penetration and he offers both. I think it's harder to play through the middle against teams lying too deep than not.

Mata has proven in the past he can unlock defences. e.g. FA Cup v United.

that is he doing for quite some time. he also said at Madrid everbody would defend and attack- in the end Ronaldo didnt have to defend. I think is a clear agenda against Mata. its embarassing to let him play against Swindon ffs. and people on this board seem to just accept this. really no respect towards our player. Dont think Mata will accept to play on a position he isnt really used to and how can a player change his style in between a few weeks when he has played differently for 2 years now. a great coach has to adapt his team towards his best players. and our best player is mata...

Utter bollocks.

He's building a team for Chelsea....that's CHELSEA, not MATA FOOTBALL CLUB.

If Mata wants to play for this club then he has to do what Jose wants him to do. If he can't do that then we sell him. People can either support that decision or they can fuck off somewhere else. But I trust Jose. The club hopefully backs him because that's what this club needs in my opinion - stability at the top.

As for the game, Fulham sat deep like other teams have but we stepped it up in the second half. Oscar showed exactly why he's keeping Mata out of the team with another MOTM performance. Mikel actually played better against Everton but seems a different player under Mourinho.

Jose also explained in simple fucking language what he's doing and why he's doing it. How many managers can so eloquently tell pundits, journos and even supporters to shut the fuck up, and still do it with a smile on their face?

Utter bollocks.

He's building a team for Chelsea....that's CHELSEA, not MATA FOOTBALL CLUB.

If Mata wants to play for this club then he has to do what Jose wants him to do. If he can't do that then we sell him. People can either support that decision or they can fuck off somewhere else. But I trust Jose. The club hopefully backs him because that's what this club needs in my opinion - stability at the top.

As for the game, Fulham sat deep like other teams have but we stepped it up in the second half. Oscar showed exactly why he's keeping Mata out of the team with another MOTM performance. Mikel actually played better against Everton but seems a different player under Mourinho.

Jose also explained in simple fucking language what he's doing and why he's doing it. How many managers can so eloquently tell pundits, journos and even supporters to shut the fuck up, and still do it with a smile on their face?

Youre not the boss here to tell anybody to fuck off or not.. who do you think you are? yes a nobody. Mourinho is talking bullshit. Why isnt Hazard sitting on the bench, while he is playing awful? or why isnt he benching A.Cole? no he is benching our best player in the past 2 seasons and wants to put him in a position where he isnt able to play at his best. You have to build your teams around your best players and not otherwise. Its like coming in and putting Ronaldo as a DM and telling him "learn how to play my way or you can go". Oscar is great, no doubt, but atm, Mata is ahead of him in terms of creativity and goal threat. Futhermore with Mata on the pitch Hazard plays way better. I am by no means a Mata fanboy, but someone who has delivered for 2 !! years and almost carried us on his own DESERVES to be threated otherwise. thats my opinion. if you dont accept it, than fuck off (in your language).

Youre not the boss here to tell anybody to fuck off or not.. who do you think you are? yes a nobody. Mourinho is talking bullshit. Why isnt Hazard sitting on the bench, while he is playing awful?

Because Hazard will be a key player for us and we need to learn how to get him the ball when he's facing goal, not with his back to it. Jose said this in his interview yesterday.

or why isnt he benching A.Cole?

Because he doesn't trust Bertrand? Because he wants to keep the Hazard/Cole unit together so they learn how to play together in September so they're ready for Janaury-May?

no he is benching our best player in the past 2 seasons and wants to put him in a position where he isnt able to play at his best. You have to build your teams around your best players and not otherwise. Its like coming in and putting Ronaldo as a DM and telling him "learn how to play my way or you can go". Oscar is great, no doubt, but atm, Mata is ahead of him in terms of creativity and goal threat. Futhermore with Mata on the pitch Hazard plays way better. I am by no means a Mata fanboy, but someone who has delivered for 2 !! years and almost carried us on his own DESERVES to be threated otherwise. thats my opinion. if you dont accept it, than fuck off (in your language).

No, you build your team around the way your manager wants them to be built. That's why we hired him.

Mata is not irreplaceable - in fact he's been replaced by Oscar who has been our player of the season so far. He's been key to everything we've done and we're still building a new team. Despite that we're top of the league so I don't know what supporters like you actually want?

You'll get your commemorative title-winning patch to plaster on your kit next season - just ignore football until that's available on the megastore because it might be a bumpy ride and not always fun.

Oscar was good no question, but Mata was better than him the past 2 seasons, so what.

And Mata wont be a key player for us or what? why is hazard playing while he is playing shit and Mata isnt? where is the meritocracy Mou is known for?

yeah we are top of the league but could be out of it today, so what? we lost against Basel at home and looked awful. we played bs against United and we wasnt very good yesterday too. you turst and Mou and dickride everything he does. other users dont. accept it or go to a mourinho fanboard. thats it.

It has nothing to do with a title-winning patch or whatever. we are making our best player lookling like a clown, while players like Lampard are playing nearly every game. If you are blinded by the league table, its your problem not mine.

Oscar was good no question, but Mata was better than him the past 2 seasons, so what.

And Mata wont be a key player for us or what? why is hazard playing while he is playing shit and Mata isnt? where is the meritocracy Mou is known for?

yeah we are top of the league but could be out of it today, so what? we lost against Basel at home and looked awful. we played bs against United and we wasnt very good yesterday too. you turst and Mou and dickride everything he does. other users dont. accept it or go to a mourinho fanboard. thats it.

It has nothing to do with a title-winning patch or whatever. we are making our best player lookling like a clown, while players like Lampard are playing nearly every game. If you are blinded by the league table, its your problem not mine.

:lol2: :lol2:

Mata doesn't fit with what Jose wants. He's said that but he's giving him the chance to mould himself into a player who can play in Jose's team. Right now Jose thinks he can't do that, whereas Hazard is at least doing the basics of what he wants (and showed under Benitez too, with his improvement on the defensive side of the ball).

Oscar has been given a chance and taken it. He's carried this team at times this season. Has it been perfect? No. That doesn't mean I 'dickride' whatever Jose does.

What it means is that I give him the benefit of the doubt, especially when the season has barely started. Fans like you seems to find it very easy to turn on the manager at the drop of a hat and that had been a major problem at this club for a while now. Quite frankly I'd prefer that element wasn't part of this club, but luckily it only seems to exist in small corners of the internet.

So stick around, have your moan but keep it keyboard-based. :heart:

:lol2: :lol2:

Mata doesn't fit with what Jose wants. He's said that but he's giving him the chance to mould himself into a player who can play in Jose's team. Right now Jose thinks he can't do that, whereas Hazard is at least doing the basics of what he wants (and showed under Benitez too, with his improvement on the defensive side of the ball).

Oscar has been given a chance and taken it. He's carried this team at times this season. Has it been perfect? No. That doesn't mean I 'dickride' whatever Jose does.

What it means is that I give him the benefit of the doubt, especially when the season has barely started. Fans like you seems to find it very easy to turn on the manager at the drop of a hat and that had been a major problem at this club for a while now. Quite frankly I'd prefer that element wasn't part of this club, but luckily it only seems to exist in small corners of the internet.

So stick around, have your moan but keep it keyboard-based. :heart:

well we are talking through a football board so of course its keyboard-based.

Fans like me just want our best player to be appreciated. and dropping him and saying him learn how to play a new way or either fuck off is not the right way. just my opinion. Mata is superior to Oscar and should play though and not as a RW. he wont suddenly turn into a player who runs down the wing and will close down players because this isnt his style of play. you cant turn around a player 180 degrees. mou wont make mata faster and defensively stronger. if he isnt in your plans than sell him but dont play games with him like Mou is doing atm.