Jase

Man of the Match  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good win against tough opposition. Oscar was class, but I dont like Eto!!! I would much rather have Fernando up front any day. I thought he tried harder in the time he was given than Eto did.

We may be top of the league but lets not get carried away here guys. We will meet tougher opposition than Fulham so a vast improvement is required.

Here's a thought.............Mikel has scored more Premiership goals this season that Ba, Torres and Eto put together. !!!!!!!!!!!!

motm - oscar. bossed the midfield. brilliant performance. dint put a foot wrong all match. even in the 1st half, his movement was wonderful and the only thing that was lacking was a ball from the deep from either mikel/ramires.9/10

cech - good stop to keep it 0-0 from bent. that could have been a nail in the coffin. dealt with everything safely (though u can say he had nothing much to deal with). 8/10

JT and cahill - brilliant. the high did seem to cause a problem or 2 in the start but dealt with it brilliantly. 8/10

ivanovic - defensively , he was great workrate was awesome but attackingly he should improve his crosses. 7.5/10

cole - nothing much different from ivanovic. needs to improve his attacking play if we are going to continue pushing our full backs forward.7.5/10

rambo - great energy, even during the end kept running back and forth but the incisive passes to open up a defence when 0-0 is what will cost us. 7/10

mikel - congratualtions to the big guy on his 1st goal and hopefully he goes on a roll. was absolutely brilliant in the 2nd half. won many balls. drove us forward. and got a goal. close 2nd to motm. 8.5/10

hazard - was horrendous in the 1st half. lost the ball a lot of times. had no link-up play with cole and simply dint contribute anything to the attack. after the 1st goal, started getting a lot of space, so got into his own then. 6/10

schurlle - workrate was good. but his shots are poor and his delivery from corners and free-kicks is abysmall. i mean lamps had one corner to take and that resulted in a goal but 12 corners from schurlle and oscar, we were not even a threat. co-incidence, i dont think so. 6.5/10

etoo - shoulh have scored when he got ahead of the goalie early on. with ivanovic whipping in 5-10 crosses in the box, we need some1 who can be a danger with the ball in the box and its not him. was awol in the first half. 6.5/10

all in all it was a more of a relied than jubilance. our first half performance was worrisome. its not the first time that a team has come to the bridge and parked the bus. but it was the absolute ease with which fulham were defending. we were toothless in the first half and it showed how much long we still have to go in terms of creativity. we could have gone a goal down early on which would have been really bad.

I think Ivanovic and Cahill were class today. Cole offers almost nothing going forward these days, really should give Bertrand a shot, he is a tleast a bit quicker than Ash.

Our wings let us down today. Neither Schürrle nor Hazard really did anything dangerous. Eto'o again was a good worker but did not really get a tthe end of too many crosses, maybe not the right striker for our type of game.

I think Ivanovic and Cahill were class today. Cole offers almost nothing going forward these days, really should give Bertrand a shot, he is a tleast a bit quicker than Ash.

Our wings let us down today. Neither Schürrle nor Hazard really did anything dangerous. Eto'o again was a good worker but did not really get a tthe end of too many crosses, maybe not the right striker for our type of game.

Who just saw the Jose interview on SS1... That was really interesting...

Wasn't it a brilliant interview. Absolutely loved it.

Such a shame so many people on here cannot see that Jose is changing the system, and players have to adapt, hence the recent performances.

motm - oscar. bossed the midfield. brilliant performance. dint put a foot wrong all match. even in the 1st half, his movement was wonderful and the only thing that was lacking was a ball from the deep from either mikel/ramires.9/10

cech - good stop to keep it 0-0 from bent. that could have been a nail in the coffin. dealt with everything safely (though u can say he had nothing much to deal with). 8/10

JT and cahill - brilliant. the high did seem to cause a problem or 2 in the start but dealt with it brilliantly. 8/10

ivanovic - defensively , he was great workrate was awesome but attackingly he should improve his crosses. 7.5/10

cole - nothing much different from ivanovic. needs to improve his attacking play if we are going to continue pushing our full backs forward.7.5/10

rambo - great energy, even during the end kept running back and forth but the incisive passes to open up a defence when 0-0 is what will cost us. 7/10

mikel - congratualtions to the big guy on his 1st goal and hopefully he goes on a roll. was absolutely brilliant in the 2nd half. won many balls. drove us forward. and got a goal. close 2nd to motm. 8.5/10

hazard - was horrendous in the 1st half. lost the ball a lot of times. had no link-up play with cole and simply dint contribute anything to the attack. after the 1st goal, started getting a lot of space, so got into his own then. 6/10

schurlle - workrate was good. but his shots are poor and his delivery from corners and free-kicks is abysmall. i mean lamps had one corner to take and that resulted in a goal but 12 corners from schurlle and oscar, we were not even a threat. co-incidence, i dont think so. 6.5/10

etoo - shoulh have scored when he got ahead of the goalie early on. with ivanovic whipping in 5-10 crosses in the box, we need some1 who can be a danger with the ball in the box and its not him. was awol in the first half. 6.5/10

all in all it was a more of a relied than jubilance. our first half performance was worrisome. its not the first time that a team has come to the bridge and parked the bus. but it was the absolute ease with which fulham were defending. we were toothless in the first half and it showed how much long we still have to go in terms of creativity. we could have gone a goal down early on which would have been really bad.

So I guess you did not see the 1x1 Bent had with Cech when our defenders played up the pitch and in a freaking line! people really see what they want to see... :rolleyes: