Chelsea 1-2 Basel

Jase

Man of the Match  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Pure rubbish tonite. We didn't play as a team. We were totally disjointed and never created anything that frightened the opposition. Basel controlled the whole game. Closed us down brilliantly and counter-attacked superbly. Now teams can see our weakness we are in for a long hard season unless Jose works his majic

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily, there is no Juve or Napoli or other strong teams in the group. We are just making it difficult for ourselves but we will go through, no doubt. This period might serve as some wake up call because some players really, really need to step up and start performing.

two people responsible for this loss: Mata for playing and Mourinho for thinking it would help. He killed the match with that sub and after Mata came in we never pressured again in the attack, he lost possession too many times and created bloody nothing for us.

I dont get the thought pattern Jose had when he removed Willian for Mata. I mean, seriously? Then he placed our most dangerous attacker on the wing, where he was shown not to do well on the wings for like the first 15 min.

We lost the game there because he was the only thing keeping them modest on the wings.

Hazard needs to meet the bench this weekend.

I agree with the point that those who think everything is an overreaction need to open their eyes. The only time our team has worked this season is during the first half vs hull city and during some parts vs Bayern Munich. Weve looked lost the rest of the time

Bad link up play, poor finishing, trying too much to play rather than keeping it simple, bad substitution in Willian, a bad Hazard, poor defending, no team play .... excellent Oscar! Guess it sums up the match!

Not sure if Jose is to be blamed or the players, for me it is collectively pathetic performance yet again!

I wonder how we would have played had we had Mata on at the start. Don't know what you guys think but he seems to be the only one out of our attacking talents who has the composure for those last minute balls which we have been severely lacking at the start of the season. Pressure is on now, I hope we don't get a repeat of last season!

I have no idea which match you've watched, I'm positive it wasn't the one the rest of the world did. Mata destroyed the team and was good for nothing. Not ONE good play from him, but I can remember many times losing possession and looking useless. Absolutely useless. Composure? Sorry, no way in hell. He showed a lot of lack of it if anything.

Fuck with this negativism ..Look we are in 3rd place ,,we can defend our Europa title ,,,AND EVEN if we lose 3rd place ,,,we can concentrate on the Capital One Cup

winning that would be a real COCK up ...

my only moan is about Stingray ,,,,he gave the link for the second half otherwise I would missed that complete load of shite

The players look confused and there's no consistency in our system. Rather than build a winning system where the players can clearly find their place and perform, we continue to be all over the place. Mourinho tries to be the star of the system (and fails) by coming up with "genius" tactics which creates more confusion and disorganisation.. This team needs to go out from its own strength, wtf is Mourinho try to do....?