Man of the Match  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not great.

Hazard needs to step up. Been pretty poor so far this season. He still has it obviously, but not shown it. I never really thought of there being a problem having too much depth, but we lack continuity in the team which could be a contributor to our problems. Central midfield is still an issue and Eto didn't show to much. Improvements definitely need to be made.

I suppose the only bright side is that it happened now and can easily be rectified with a couple of away wins but we have made it a lot harder.

Pretty shambolic performance. I cannot blame Jose for this, he put out a strong team that just didn't perform. What's so worrying is how much attacking promise we have without any actual threat. Van Ginkel looked off the pace, but is still young. Hazard was awful. The only shining light was Oscar.

I wonder how we would have played had we had Mata on at the start. Don't know what you guys think but he seems to be the only one out of our attacking talents who has the composure for those last minute balls which we have been severely lacking at the start of the season. Pressure is on now, I hope we don't get a repeat of last season!

Would never have even dreamt this. Abramovich looks disappointed. Is he going to act? Dunno, not sure.

Oh and if someone posts that overreaction posts are coming up, then you are retarded!

WE'VE LOST TO FUCKING BASEL AT HOME, WHAT'S MORE WORTH REACTING THAN THAT!

Rubbish performance, our defence let us down and our attack let us down. Either way even if our defence let us down we should have been able to score 3 goals at least! We won here even under Rafa........

Our whole front 3 players needs to wake up and start playing as a team. Right now all of them wants to have the ball and play in the middle. I still see the problems weve had for a couple of seasons now, we just doesnt play as a team. We rely to much on invidualist and when they dont perform we fuck up

We didn't win, but I don't really care because if we had won the game everyone would have been praising the performance to death, and if we had lost like we just did everyone wants to burn the club down to the ground.

I accept the defeat, I think we will still qualify and come back stronger, this isn't the end, this can be a positive, so win or lose we are still going to succeed.

EDIT: By the way whoever is posting the football feed needs to give there head a wobble.

Well that's what you get when you spend your money on useless signings like Willian, Eto'o and Schürrle while ignoring De Bruyne, Van Ginkel, Lukaku and Moses who were outstanding in pre-season. A pre-season is to raise the chemistry level between your players, not to give players you'll be sending on loan playtime.

Hazard needs to start on the bench for a few games, he's completely out of form and this will hurt his confidence.

Mourinho needs to sort his team out, losing while playing risky nice football is one thing, losing while being dominated by Basel is nothing short of embarrasing.

Oscar was brilliant though.

Deserved win for Basel and even though it feels bad to lose two times in a row it's not the end of the world. Commentator was spot on with saying that we are not a team at the moment, which is something Jose usually brings to the team - unity. Too many surplus players, all the stress goes into rotation and keeping everyone in form/happy etc. In time he will figure out his first eleven, play style. It takes time. As the topic of eggs is popular, I'm just going to say that let's count the eggs in the winter. Before that it's too early to predict unless it goes south too fast.