Everton v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazard declared fit to face Everton despite hobbling out of Belgium training last week

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2416766/Chelseas-Eden-Hazard-declared-fit-face-Everton.html

Noo...I know he's important for us, but I wanted to see how other players would do in his absence considering our midfield is loaded with quality. Imo he needs a rest. No point risking him.

After playing in all of our last 4 matches and 2 full games for England this past week, surely Mourinho would not start Lampard here and give him a rest instead?

Logic has failed to apply to the Lampard selection so far, so I wouldn't count on it.

After playing in all of our last 4 matches and 2 full games for England this past week, surely Mourinho would not start Lampard here and give him a rest instead?

Even though I agree, he should get a rest. 6 games in 4.5 weeks is not too tiring. Love it how Mourinho himself claimed Lamps would not be able to play week in week out but lets him play 90mins every game.

If he's performing, why put him on the bench?

I reckon he's playing Lamps for 90 mins each for the first bit of the season to allow other players mold to Jose's idea's before putting them on the pitch, where as Lamps, JT and Cole have worked with Jose before and know what he wants.

I dunno, guess we'll find out in the next few games.

Hazard declared fit to face Everton despite hobbling out of Belgium training last week

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2416766/Chelseas-Eden-Hazard-declared-fit-face-Everton.html

Roberto Martinez is crying in his cups, somewhere up in Merseyside.

If he's performing, why put him on the bench?

I reckon he's playing Lamps for 90 mins each for the first bit of the season to allow other players mold to Jose's idea's before putting them on the pitch, where as Lamps, JT and Cole have worked with Jose before and know what he wants.

I dunno, guess we'll find out in the next few games.

I feel like he had issues playing against Villa - he was subpar imo. He may be performing, but not at high level all the time.

The wise thing to do is rest him, but Mourinho can be stubborn sometimes

Lampard's goalscoring record against Everton is unbelievable. Remember he won us this fixture single-handedly last season. I think he's likely to start this one and also Fulham on the 21st, and then get a rest in the ensuing midweek fixtures (against Basel on the 18th, and Swindon on the 24th).

Lampard's goalscoring record against Everton is unbelievable. Remember he won us this fixture single-handedly last season. I think he's likely to start this one and also Fulham on the 21st, and then get a rest in the ensuing midweek fixtures (against Basel on the 18th, and Swindon on the 24th).

remember Ramires is suspended against Basel and Essien not even in the CL squad, Van Ginkel and Mikel pivot for the Basel game?

remember Ramires is suspended against Basel and Essien not even in the CL squad, Van Ginkel and Mikel pivot for the Basel game?

I hope so! :) No better opportunity than Basel at home, IMO. We played with a Ramires-Luiz pivot in that game in last season's Europa League, so if that can work, then Mikel-MvG can :lol: