Everton v Chelsea

Jase

Tough game, and won't be easy even though they don't have fellaini. Hopefully eto can start the game as we are all eager to see him in action. Picking the 3 in behind is now even harder, and with the exception of hazard (If fit) he is the only one i am confident will start.

Expect to see a tight frustrating game, where we have a lot of the ball but struggle to breakthrough. 1-0 to us in a close game i think.

Eto'o's got a knock. Do you think it would be good to rush him in on his Chelsea debut against a tough team? Ik he's got experience but still. Maybe he'd be better off being used as a sub?

Not sure you'll have he majority of the ball pal, we've had 65%+ is our games so far and being at home I can't see us handing over possession.

Not that possession means goals.

Also if anyone wants to read our side of things http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,42385.0.html

Felt similarly. Most prob Mou will be happy to give you majority of the possession and hope to hit Everton on the break. Nice intro to the thread mate.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eto'o's got a knock. Do you think it would be good to rush him in on his Chelsea debut against a tough team? Ik he's got experience but still. Maybe he'd be better off being used as a sub?

Felt similarly. Most prob Mou will be happy to give you majority of the possession and hope to hit Everton on the break. Nice intro to the thread mate.

Well none of us exactly know how eto is. So providing he gets the clear from the medical start i see no reason why not. If he actually is struggling with an injury then of course i wouldn't risk him.

Not sure you'll have he majority of the ball pal, we've had 65%+ is our games so far and being at home I can't see us handing over possession.

Also if anyone wants to read our side of things http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,42385.0.html

Yeah ok fair enough. i can't see you having close to that much. But Mou will probably be fairly happy to let you have it and try and hit you on the counter.

Yeah ok fair enough. i can't see you having close to that much. But Mou will probably be fairly happy to let you have it and try and hit you on the counter.

No I expect somewhere between 50%-55% in our favour, but as said possession means nothing.

That last comment on that thread don't know whether to be upset or not LOL

Traditionally always been a difficult place for us and I don't think Saturday will be any different. Granted they have lost the Hair Bear Bunch but James McCarthy is some player and I think he will shine in a bigger team. I seen him when he was a kid at Hamilton and nothing fazed him.

A one goal win would do nicely thankyouverymuchladiesandgentlemen

Keeping in mind, its an away game, I dont want Jose to be very cautious(use defensive-minded tactics) as he did at Old Trafford. Let the flair players do their work. We can still beat this Everton team with our offensive gameplay. I would like to see Mata, Hazard and Schurle behind the striker(whoever it is).

That's what I expect from Mourinho on Saturday

Cech

Azpili - Terry - Luiz - Cole

Ramires - Lamps

André - Mata - Hazard

Torres

I wouldn't have something too different from it if I were him to be honest. I think he's going to use the guys that trained the two weeks they stayed with the club while others traveled to help with the NTs with a few exceptions. If this wasn't Everton at GP I even think he's play Marco to replace either Ramires or Lamps, but he knows it will be a tough match and unfortunately I don't think Marco will have his first match from the start. That said I expect him to come in the second.

Willian spent a couple of weeks without playing before he joined us, and I guess he might be a bit behind the other guys physically otherwise I think he'd start as well. Who knows how fit he is, if he's fit I'm not going to be surprised to see him starting.

One thing though is crucial. Mata has to start. If for whatever reason he doesn't start then I guess he should start worrying about his place in the team because he's trained two weeks while all other guys (except Willian himself) for the position traveled. Oscar has had a minor injury, André and Kevin were with the NTs. There is no good reason why he wouldn't start except if Mourinho really thinks the other guys we have fit better the team than him. Let's see what happens, but I reckon he'll play.

Finally, Match day. How have I missed some actual football.

Mata to be unleashed. A comfortable win for us.

EDIT: it's not match day. Another day to go. Shiieeettttt. . . :-(

lol same goes for me. intnl break always make me skip 1 day faster especially when chelsea's match is coming :D

A trip down memory lane the last time we went to Goodison Park under Mourinho. Remember 'those' 2 goals?

Remember this like it was yesterday. Both goals still give me shivers.

Why the hell did we ever give Boulahrouz the number 9 shirt though? :lol: