Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

Totally agree with The Skipper. Eto'o has won much much much more, and all over the world in different leagues. Torres perhaps internationally but hes only won the 3 trophies here at club level I thinkk. Take away Torre's international achievements, bar the Euro 2008 where he played a key role and the 3 trophies he's won at Chelsea which he didn't do much in, hes won 1 trophy... although teams win titles not individuals.

What? So you think that Torres has had a better career than Eto'o? Torres only had 1, maybe 2 really good seasons. You can't compare that to Eto'o's career at all.

Let me remind you of Samuel's club achievements:

3 Champions League titles: 2006 (in which he was MOTM), 2009, 2010

3 La Liga titles; 2005, 2006 (top scorer), 2009

1 Serie A title: 2010

2 Copa del Rey titles: 2003, 2009

2 Coppa Italia titles: 2010, 2011

2 Spanish Supercup titles: 2006, 2007

1 Italian Supercup title: 2011

How anyone could say Eto'o, whom many regard as one of it not the greatest African player ever hasn't had a better career than Torres is really beyond me.

Eto'o has definitely had the better career by far.

I strongly disagree mate. Torres has better stats IMO.

CL

FA

Europa

Euro 08, 12

Confed Runner up, third place

and under 21 trophies

His individual honors are miles ahead of that of Eto'o's.

Top scorer and winner at both under 16 and under 19 European championships.

PFA Player of the year: twice

Numerous PoM awards.

MOTM Euro 08 final with that winning goal.

Made the team of the tournament at Euro, PL, FIFPro XI, Confed Cup.

Golden boot at World Cup,Euro

Silver shoe at Confed

He is one of the most decorated footballers of all time.

And you think Eto'o's better than Drogs..Hilarious. He is the greatest African footballer ever.

Don't tell me stats doesn't matter after you laid that out.

I strongly disagree mate. Torres has better stats IMO.

CL

FA

Europa

Euro 08, 12

Confed Runner up, third place

and under 21 trophies

His individual honors are miles ahead of that of Eto'o's.

Top scorer and winner at both under 16 and under 19 European championships.

PFA Player of the year: twice

Numerous PoM awards.

MOTM Euro 08 final with that winning goal.

Made the team of the tournament at Euro, PL, FIFPro XI, Confed Cup.

Golden boot at World Cup,Euro

Silver shoe at Confed

He is one of the most decorated footballers of all time.

And you think Eto'o's better than Drogs..Hilarious. He is the greatest African footballer ever.

Don't tell me stats doesn't matter after you laid that out.

Eto'o's achievements with his teams blows Torres' out of the water but that doesn't matter - you were saying Torres had a better career when he clearly didn't, and that was the only reason I posted his achievements. Not because I wanted to, but simply because your argument that Torres had a more decorated career is obviously flawed. The achievements don't lie.

You telling me Eto'o isn't one of the most decorated football players of all time either?

The African Player Of The Year award, which pits Eto'o and Drogba against each other - has Eto'o winning it the most times in history - he's actually number 1 on the list of most awards won. So it really isn't "hilarious" for anyone to say Eto'o is the greatest African player ever.

But whatever, I think it's best we just leave it here because the argument is obviously going off topic.

Roger Milla and George Weah were better than both of them, so you're both wrong.

I didn't say I think Eto'o is the best African footballer of all time - all I said is that many people think so. It isn't my personal opinion. Regardless, both are certainly worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as Abedi Pele, Milla and George Weah.

Eto'o's achievements with his teams blows Torres' out of the water but that doesn't matter - you were saying Torres had a better career when he clearly didn't, and that was the only reason I posted his achievements. Not because I wanted to, but simply because your argument that Torres had a more decorated career is obviously flawed. The achievements don't lie.

You telling me Eto'o isn't one of the most decorated football players of all time either?

The African Player Of The Year award, which pits Eto'o and Drogba against each other - has Eto'o winning it the most times in history - he's actually number 1 on the list of most awards won. So it really isn't "hilarious" for anyone to say Eto'o is the greatest African player ever.

But whatever, I think it's best we just leave it here because the argument is obviously going off topic.

I didn't say I think Eto'o is the best African footballer of all time - all I said is that many people think so. It isn't my personal opinion. Regardless, both are certainly worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as Abedi Pele, Milla and George Weah.

Watever mate. Anyways it sucks to lose against Basel.

Not that i'm blaming anyone, but don't think Torres would have made any difference either.

Depressing result now that all other big guns won in great fashion.

He's getting zero service. The problem has been going on for too long for people to keep blaming the striker.

This team doesn't create anywhere near the amount of chances it should. Sucks because they'll still get the majority of the blame because of the overhyped players behind them. Doesn't do a world of confidence for a striker when the one chance they get is the only one they'll receive for the entire game or even worse.

Jesus christ when I seen you post I expected it to be some hateful message towards Eto'o.

However you are spot on, it's far too much of a coincidence, I didn't want the Eto'o transfer in the first place because I don't think he can fit into the team. We need a deep lying forward, I don't think we can play with a poacher because we don't give a poacher enough space, we seem to just all bombared up front so a poacher would be really pointless.

If you seen Eto'os movement you would've noticed he had to stand on the edge of the box, that's what people have been moaning at Torres for, and that's been going on for over a season, wow what a coincidence. We aren't as direct as we used to be, we like to take the game to them and no poacher is going to come here and play well.

We don't need a world class striker, we just need a good striker who can work hard and can link up with the play, also a preferable physical striker. Just like Bayern (who are known as the best team in the world currently) have Mandazukic as there first team forward.

Jesus christ when I seen you post I expected it to be some hateful message towards Eto'o.

However you are spot on, it's far too much of a coincidence, I didn't want the Eto'o transfer in the first place because I don't think he can fit into the team. We need a deep lying forward, I don't think we can play with a poacher because we don't give a poacher enough space, we seem to just all bombared up front so a poacher would be really pointless.

If you seen Eto'os movement you would've noticed he had to stand on the edge of the box, that's what people have been moaning at Torres for, and that's been going on for over a season, wow what a coincidence. We aren't as direct as we used to be, we like to take the game to them and no poacher is going to come here and play well.

We don't need a world class striker, we just need a good striker who can work hard and can link up with the play, also a preferable physical striker. Just like Bayern (who are known as the best team in the world currently) have Mandazukic as there first team forward.

I'm not sure Eto'o is really a poacher anymore, he's being deployed as a deep lying forward here - regardless, we could do with a more physical type, like a Giroud or Mandzukic like you said - there seems to be no focal point in the team at the moment, we're just faffing the ball about. But you're right, someone like the two aforementioned would maybe be the striker we need.

I actually think Lewandowski is the perfect striker for us at the moment. His availability is questionable though.