Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

I'm not sure Eto'o is really a poacher anymore, he's being deployed as a deep lying forward here - regardless, we could do with a more physical type, like a Giroud or Mandzukic like you said - there seems to be no focal point in the team at the moment, we're just faffing the ball about. But you're right, someone like the two aforementioned would maybe be the striker we need.

I actually think Lewandowski is the perfect striker for us at the moment. His availability is questionable though.

Well take my word for it but I didn't necessarily mean Eto'o is a poacher, i was just making a point. I'm just really that lazy and I've made such large posts today I couldn't be bothered making another huge one to explain.

Lewandowski is someone I've always wanted, Cavani is someone who would do well because of his anticipation and link up play, he's also a work horse, Lewandowski can be similar except he's not such a hard worker, he's a better footballer but just like Cavani he would put his life on the line to score a goal.

I don't think we necessarily need a 40 millions worth striker though, that's my point. I would just bring in someone who can play the suitable deep lying forward role.

Eto'o as expected, provides good movement and link up play. It makes things easier for the 3 behind him.

BUT, today he couldn't prove that he could be the solution for our striking problems. And, at 32 his reactions seem a bit off.

Can't believe this, but I honestly think Jose should go back to putting Torres in the starting line-up. He's better suited to the counter-attacking play, and imo...we looked more of a threat when he led the line in the couple of games he started this season.

Can't believe this, but I honestly think Jose should go back to putting Torres in the starting line-up. He's better suited to the counter-attacking play, and imo...we looked more of a threat when he led the line in the couple of games he started this season.

We haven't been playing a counter attacking system in the last two games though.

We haven't been playing a counter attacking system in the last two games though.

True, teams like Basel and Everton sat back for most periods..but I feel our best attacks come in the form of counters even in those kind of games.

Torres could have been useful especially after we went 1 up.

This time I'd rather blame the service to him or the lack of it. Can't go on blaming our strikers forever. His movement was superb and unlike torres has always been better compared to the opposition striker in his two games so far so i think its the service that is lacking.

He was lively, great movement and leadership, I saw him talking to a few players, giving them a few pointers. He is also much quicker than I expected.

His final product was missing last night though. Great turns on the ball but either the shooting or passing were not on near the box.

The problem is, if you look at my earlier posts, i gave him the benefit of the doubt but again Eto'o was very weak. I HOPE he will improve but analyising his performance last night, he looked confused and never was going to score. We don't have the time to wait, we were humilated last night, and against Everton, sadly in this buisiness we need success pretty quick.

The problem is, if you look at my earlier posts, i gave him the benefit of the doubt but again Eto'o was very weak. I HOPE he will improve but analyising his performance last night, he looked confused and never was going to score. We don't have the time to wait, we were humilated last night, and against Everton, sadly in this buisiness we need success pretty quick.

Actually you sometimes need patience. We've been chasing instant success to appease a certain type of fan for too long....time to relax a bit.