Man United 0-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Everyone is too busy bitching about Jose that no one realised this game was Petr Cech's 200 clean sheet as a blue. True Chelsea LEGEND!!

That's why he gets my MOTM vote :D

Personally I wanted a win but I'll take the one point and clean sheet

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the two matches Robin played against us last year he scored.

He was completely invisible today.

I believe he only scored once as a Man U player against us, and there's a deflected shot off David Luiz that went in. I think he was invisible as well in the 2 Rafa 1-0 matches (PL and FA Cup).

I believe he only scored once as a Man U player against us, and there's a deflected shot off David Luiz that went in. I think he was invisible as well in the 2 Rafa 1-0 matches (PL and FA Cup).

he came as a sub in the middle of 2H in one of those, didn't he?

My memory sucks. After he scored four goals in two matches in the regular season and seeing how good he is, I was concerned especially because we were lacking David Luiz. He was superbly marked today - and he wasn't inspired either. Still Welbeck had better chances than him and if there's one thing Robin is a master is on his positioning. He was about 60-70% of his usual, but we also completely shut him down which is always good and adds confidence to the backs.

Glad we got the point. A point away at Old Trafford is always a decent result but as for the game itself... I'm disappointed in how Mourinho set us up initially, and disappointed that when he did make the changes, he didn't make the right ones (in my opinion). All of what I'm about to say is in conjunction to me believing we could've won it;

We started the game off okay-ish but it was very evident from early on that we weren't playing to win the game which was disappointing to say the least.

Schurrle looked lost up front - never want to see him there again. Can't fault his effort but he just isn't a lone striker. Looked much better on the RW in the second half. I thought that Lampard's inclusion in the line up was a bad decision too as I felt we needed a bit more tenacity and energy in midfield. It would've been better to bring Frank off the bench for this one. Lampard's inclusion restricted Ramires - Ramires was forced to be the more defensive player in the pivot and this really hurt our counter attacks. Would've preferred to see MVG or Mikel do that with Ramires given the freedom to do his thing.

This brings me to the second half: we played better, but the game was really there for the taking. Even though Mou didn't start Lukaku he should've at least thrown him on because Romelu would've caused a lot of problems to the United defence. Unfortunately Jose threw on Torres which was quite mind boggling to say the least. United were opening up and we pretty much failed to take advantage. I would've not been annoyed at Jose had he made simply moves of keeping on KDB, subbing in Lukaku and Mata at around the 60 min mark we would've won in my honest opinion.

I reiterate.We can play far better than we did today and I must say, disappointed in Mourinho with the negative game plan. Pretty pleased we got a point though.

PS: I'm writing this half asleep so please ignore any errors!

he came as a sub in the middle of 2H in one of those, didn't he?

My memory sucks. After he scored four goals in two matches in the regular season and seeing how good he is, I was concerned especially because we were lacking David Luiz. He was superbly marked today - and he wasn't inspired either. Still Welbeck had better chances than him and if there's one thing Robin is a master is on his positioning. He was about 60-70% of his usual, but we also completely shut him down which is always good and adds confidence to the backs.

When we lost against Manchester, 3-2 at Stamford Bridge last season, it was the same, he barely touched the ball but when he did he scored. Same today, he had two chances in the match, when created on his own, another missed header.

The teams was more solid today, but so was under Benitez compared to big matches under RDM. Nothing special in this match on in Mourinho's tactics.

Ok first of all, this was what both managers wanted. I mean Moyes is as happy as Mourinho is tonight. Two teams not playing at all, no energy, no intention to make this game the highlight it had to be. I thnk that was very obvious. Schürrle in front, c'mon this is killing the game before it even started, no pressure, no threat. If you ask me (maybe you don't but I couldn't care less) there is NO MOTM, they were dissapointing, all of them! 90 minutes wasted for a game that never was a real game. In the end the only thing we can say is that we didn't lose. I can understand why Mata isn't playing yet and I'm the last one to say that's a bad thing cause he isn't ready yet. Lukaku wasn't playing, well it's not because I'm a Belgian dude I will be angry about this, but honnestly if I was him, please lemme play somewhere else on loan. The guy deserves to play at least 70 minutes a game. If people on this forum estimate that he isn't ready for Chelsea, well guys I can totally live with that, but let this youngster develop his talents somewhere else. As for Schürrle and his fans, yes he's running like hell (run Forest run) but he's also showing a lack of technical abilities. I really don't know what to say about Willian, another player for the same position on the pitch, well correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we need a striker??? And Oscar, well somehow I always felt he wasn't the real deal. Well sorry for all this negative thoughts. It wasn't a great performance although I think Mourinho will turn everything we saw in his favour and will add some more crazy comments next week in order to get Rooney, but is Rooney really the scoring machine we need, I still believe we need a striker like RVP. The kinda player that can make the difference, well good for us he didn't do that today! Cheerz

My main concern is his destroying player morale. The likes of Mata,Lukaku and Van Ginkel have not played themselves out of the team. Especially Mata he deserves better, also Azp gives us better width than Ivanovic its intresting to see how he will handle it. I think Mourinho is too defensive minded for the players we have. I still beleive Hazard is much more effective with Mata around him than when his not

Being in the US, I was at work while this match was going on. Is there a stated reason why Mata isn't playing right now?

Mata is not 100% fit at the moment.. you can probably say the same about David Luiz as well.. both picked up injuries during pre-season, so it would be silly to start them both while fitness for them is not at their best.

Same was at work during match so I didn't get to see what transpired, but from the sound of it the the air was sucked of the ball. Result is certainly, but play was poor.

Aside from the known striker issues, it seems that the DLP position is a massive concern, and the formation + tactics don't fit with the personnel.

one thing I'm aiming to post since my first post, but I forgot, good at least it'll now have a post of its own.

In the two matches Robin played against us last year he scored.

He was completely invisible today. Our defense was amazing. The entire block. While they were pathetic, I think we only made it worse. Mourinho seems to have made it his priority not to lose (although I believe we could have won), but it seems like Moyes aimed for little more than that and the little effort they had we silenced.

There was only one concerning moment when Welbeck - still worse than Torres - missed that header in such a Welbeck way. But that was it and I don't even think it was a mistake by us.

Also the only decent player on their side was Rooney. Still while he tried a lot we were able to neutralize his attempts efficiently. We didn't miss Luiz at all - and I don't mean he shouldn't play. I mean it as a compliment to our four men behind. I was apprehensive before the match because we didn't have Luiz and van Persie can make a lot from very little. We marked him perfectly and David wasn't missed. That's how good in setting up defenses Mourinho is and also how seriously our 4 backs are playing. They were solid, serious and stopped Rooney's attempts and Robin from even attempting.

Very true.

In the first half United seemed to resort to long balls to try and get RvP in the game, but to no avail.

In the second half Moyes told him to play wider in an attempt to stretch the play, leaving space for Rooney/Welbeck and maybe to tempt JT out of position, as he had RvP in his pocket in the first half. Again, to no avail. In fact, he was even worse. Totally invisible until he had that one volley which he was well blocked off.

Quite satisfying to see us nullify the man who seemed to win games for United last season on half-chances.

The most annoying thing is we never tried to go for a result. Had we at least tried for abt 65 minutes and brought on Mikel I would have been okay with it but we seemed like we went for a draw and got one. Have some ambition. Play decent football is that too hard to ask for?? I can understand against barcelona and Munich who had way stronger teams than us at that time. But this Man Utd team I would bet 9 out of 10 times we would take it to the drainers even when we are playing like shit they can not even get a result against us