Man of the Match  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously you're gonna judge his consistency after only 2 games (60min each)? And no, not every pass, he made correct passes as well. Ramires had some awful moments as well and he already has 3 seasons of PL experience while Kevin was playing only his 2nd PL game ever!

I don't think it's a wake up call, it's a reminder that it takes time to adapt to the PL, and I'll use Ramires again as an example: remember how mediocre he was in the beginning of the 10/11 season with Carlo? He needed time to adapt and that's what happened eventually. Not everyone is like Mata and Hazard when it comes to adapting.

Of course he is going to continue to be inconsistent. It's his first full season in the PL and he's still young. He has been hailed as the next big thing, which he may very well be, but there is far too much pressure being pinned on him to be a game winner every week, which, tonight, proved he is not. He may be a game winner for us some weeks, but he's definitely not as good as some are making him out to be (in fact judging him after 1 game) so yes it's a wake up call to some.

Perfect game, just as we planned. No striker = no goal. When Jose wants 0-0, we get 0-0. When Jose wants a shit game, we get a shit game. Just as i said before the match started, it will be cagey and it will be a fat 0-0. Thank you and good bye, top of the league.

JT MOTM and still by far our best centre back. Was flawless today, his reading of the game was and always has been superb.

And Moyes has still never beat Mourinho, nor won a game at Old Trafford. We love you Jose.

Perfect game, just as we planned. No striker = no goal. When Jose wants 0-0, we get 0-0. When Jose wants a shit game, we get a shit game. Just as i said before the match started, it will be cagey and it will be a fat 0-0. Thank you and good bye, top of the league.

JT MOTM and still by far our best centre back. Was flawless today, his reading of the game was and always has been superb.

104819_7kz4FvBUj3O7CXL.jpg

Wow. We draw against United away and keep a clean sheet and people are wanting a different manager.

That's just embarrassing... Honestly. Really really embarrassing.

Some people are never satisfied...They probably expect us to have 38 wins in 38 matches under Mourinho.

If we can take one thing from this match, it's that Terry still has it. What a rock he was tonight. (Also Cahill) Was beginning to think he had lost a step but he showed he is still capable of Match saving interceptions and clearances.

I was also happy with the work-rate of Schurrle and Hazard as they really got back in defense all night-long.

These are the type of performances that JM and co. will look to when the team knows they need to defend. Great job seeing the game till the end.

Now let's focus on Bayern.

Very boring game but a very good point too early in the season away to ManU with a new manager I'd take it any day. Nevertheless with an experienced world class striker we might have won it (incoming). This also shows how solid we can be defensively away from home. We will need such performances in champions league.

Our defense was rock solid tonight and for people saying united were shit tonight, we made them play like shit. They were on a roll, RVP was on fire but we made him look invisible. I hope Terry and Cahill work at this partnership so it can finally reach its potential, and when Luiz is fit again play him at CDM or when we want to rest Terry.

Lampard was good, defensively. Didn't bomb forward, kept an eye on Rooney and also helped Cole out a few times.

His problem right now are those rubbish long balls, he's meant to be our "Alonso" but doing a not so good job at it, to put it nicely.