Marco van Ginkel

Spike

well ramires can play as winger beside willian,hazard,schurrle with oscar and fabregas ,u got matic and mikel as CB too ...guess cheslea dont have problem with loaning salah and u can c that he wasnt even in the squad list last 2 matches which means there is enough subs for am on bench without salah

In case MvG is going we’ll have Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schürrle, Salah, Fabregas, Matic, Ramires and Mikel in midfield. That’s nine players, at least five of whom will be required on the pitch at any given time and in every game there will be at least one or two substitutions for the midfield department. Loaning out Salah would leave us with just 8 players for five positions which is nowhere near enough depth for a team that plays around 50-60 games a season and we’d be a couple of injuries or suspensions away from having no midfield substitutes on the bench at all.

I get it that you as an Egyptian want to see your lad play and wouldn't mind a move but from Chelsea's point of view that would pretty much ruin the whole transfer window which has been brilliant so far.

In theory, if Torres leaves, Marco can stay. There are two problems though: 1) Milan might make Marco's loan a condition 2) Marco himself may want to leave so he'll continue his development.

I'm very pro Marco continuing his development, I just think that if we offloaded Torres, we could afford to keep both Mikel and Marco in the team, and instead of giving Mikel minutes, Mourinho would be giving Marco - some in the big competitions, and definitely full matches in the domestic cups, that until Mikel actually gets his passport and then leaves for good. But that's me... Mourinho seems to think Mikel is more useful than Marco.

Jose said it clear he wont get rid of torres if he couldnt get another 3rd striker.. u cant use 2 strikers only one of them actually should retire to save his legacy

We reached an agreement with Milan on a loan only (without an option to buy). Now MVG has to decide if he wants it or he wants to stay.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/milan-and-chelsea-reach-agreement-for-van-ginkel-now-its-up-to-the-player-to-decide/

Awful to think that we're actually going to loan out this kid and retain Mikel because Mikel bears a passing resemblance to a holding midfielder. If we lose Oscar or Fabregas for a game or two then Van Ginkel's game is the closest of all of our midfielders to their's but he simply might not get enough games.

If he does go out on loan then hopefully it's only a short-term one and he tears it up in Serie A.

Awful to think that we're actually going to loan out this kid and retain Mikel because Mikel bears a passing resemblance to a holding midfielder. If we lose Oscar or Fabregas for a game or two then Van Ginkel's game is the closest of all of our midfielders to their's but he simply might not get enough games.

If he does go out on loan then hopefully it's only a short-term one and he tears it up in Serie A.

Then we can bring Baker

Then we can bring Baker

We also have Ake and Chalobah (who seems likely to go out on loan).

Honestly I think Van Ginkel is probably going to go the route of Romeu. His chance to break through was last year but he got injured. Sometimes you only get one shot.

Unless you're John Obi Mikel.

This is plain dumb move if Torres is not part of the move (not that I wanted Van Ginkel to go on loan but willing to make a sacrifice if Torres is included) ... We will be playing so many matches in a season, Matic wouldnt be able to play all and Van Ginkel is a very good backup to Matic ...

that's it.

The kid is only 21, there are some REALLY big guys ahead of him in the pecking order and he chooses to stay.

Maybe AC Milan isn't what he wanted, but he chose the chance to fight for his space over the chance to play week in and out (no doubts he'd get into their first team).

that's the kind of determination and fight I love in a football player - which doesn't mean if a club he rates better for a reason or another comes tomorrow he won't agree to be loaned. He's aware EPL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Serie A. While I don't think any other league compares to EPL German and Spanish leagues are still top leagues to a young player to develop. Of course, he could also be loaned to a EPL team... maybe that's what he's aiming and he's just down right fighting for his space here - which is admirable.