Marco van Ginkel

Spike

The kid didn't want to go to Milan, but probably there weren't any better offers and being left out from the UCL squad list (someone posted it here, but Mourinho said yesterday in the PC that it's going to be a hard decision for him to make and one he'll make only one second before the deadline, so I don't think the squad list - or at least the final version - has been submitted yet).

It's better to play for Milan than not play at all, but I'm disappointed he was basically forced to go there...

Jose was referring the PL squad list. There are no "homegrown" and "foreign player" list in the UCL. There are "A lists" and "B list" with different criteria (such as "club trained" instead of "homegrown").

The UCL squad is usually more "exclusive" though I have no idea how we're doing in that regards, I think it is very likely that we'll leave players like Zouma out of it. But I am almost certain that we don't need to hand in the final list until after the end of the transfer window.

he should have joined Ajax (who wanted him at the time) instead of us in the first place, his own fault really

Money talks at the end of the day, I remember he was kinda forced into the Chelsea move when in actual fact he wanted to go to Ajax, I feel bad or him really

Jose was referring the PL squad list. There are no "homegrown" and "foreign player" list in the UCL. There are "A lists" and "B list" with different criteria (such as "club trained" instead of "homegrown").

The UCL squad is usually more "exclusive" though I have no idea how we're doing in that regards, I think it is very likely that we'll leave players like Zouma out of it. But I am almost certain that we don't need to hand in the final list until after the end of the transfer window.

Not sure if Zouma will be left out unless we have no choice, the CL and COC is where the bulk of his games for now will be at.

On pre season form he should have at least made the bench once so I dont know what charity u are talking about

On pre season form United would walk the league, if pre season was anything to go on Marin and AVB would still be here.

I don't get it why we have to loan out every player we don't play right now.

We can not go through a 60+ games season with such a paperthin squad where we only have 4 central midfielder. This way we could not even play 4-3-3 regularly.

he should have joined Ajax (who wanted him at the time) instead of us in the first place, his own fault really

So the injury had nothing to do with this, then? That we bought Matic and played Luiz in there on a few occasions shows the manager realised pretty quick just how underwhelming Lampard- Mikel-Ramires-Essien were. Without that injury he could very well have made one spot his own.

He needs minutes so it's probably for the best. Oscar and Ake can fill in for injuries/suspensions. Hopefully next season we're shot of Mikel so he can come in. I really want him to make it here.

Not sure if Zouma will be left out unless we have no choice, the CL and COC is where the bulk of his games for now will be at.

We almost always have to leave one or two players out of our CL squad list, and I don't think this year will be different. Too lazy to look over the rules again. But if we are going to leave someone out, the obvious choice would be Zouma.

I don't get it why we have to loan out every player we don't play right now.

We can not go through a 60+ games season with such a paperthin squad where we only have 4 central midfielder. This way we could not even play 4-3-3 regularly.

Because it's stupid to keep a 21 year old midfielder who just came back from a major injury on the bench as the 5th midfielder. If he's not playing, he won't be much better as an emergency midfielder than someone like Lewis Baker who will at least play U21 consistently.

Because it's stupid to keep a 21 year old midfielder who just came back from a major injury on the bench as the 5th midfielder. If he's not playing, he won't be much better as an emergency midfielder than someone like Lewis Baker who will at least play U21 consistently.

Luís also plays DM - played a few times before and as far as I could say, yesterday in his small cameo that's where he's played too. He isn't as usued to the position as Luiz was, but it's no stranger for him either. We're covered in the midfield, I just prefer Marco over Mikel...

Do you really think Lewis Baker will be played in more matches than the odd COC third or fouth round? When there are no options with first team experience Jose will rather overuse the senior players.

Bad move. Season is long, he would've gotten some opportunities for our team. futhermore, Milan are just shit and I doubt that he can blossom there. They have sold their best player and replaced him with Torres...let this sink in...