Marco van Ginkel

Spike

How many games do you guys see him getting if he stays? He played no football last year(VERY little) and I don't anticipate him getting enough games here either. His decision I guess but u-21 league can't be better for him than Serie A

Perfectly justified decision but Torres leaving on loan > van Ginkel leaving on loan, IMO, so it's mixed feelings. We still need 1 foreign player off our roster if we don't sign anyone and the attention will probably swing back to Cech. Also, to sign Destro, which is the most important thing now, we need to let go of 2 foreign players.

Great attitude by the lad to want to stay and fight for his place here, but I fear this may not be the best decision for his development. Obviously it's too early to tell, especially with so little game time to go around at the moment, but I fear what happened to Kalas last season will happen to Marco this year.

Great attitude by the lad to want to stay and fight for his place here, but I fear this may not be the best decision for his development. Obviously it's too early to tell, especially with so little game time to go around at the moment, but I fear what happened to Kalas last season will happen to Marco this year.

I think he has more chances... Luiz was used as our first replacement in the defense and while Ramires would replace a few guys in our midfield, I think he's more of an AN for Mourinho than a proper center midfielder... I think he'll play much more than Kalas did in case he stays

I think that if he had gone then he'd have been done here, so I'm glad he's sticking around. We may well need him as the games get closer and at the start of next year when Mikel has better things to do than play for this club.

maybe we can give mikel to milan in january. once he has his precious passport.

He will likely play in all of our capital cup games along with earlier FA games

during one of the most intense part of the season between December and January when we play a lot, we mostly face only bottom table sides in EPL. I think we may see in some of those matches too - but just a few, the thing is we never know how he'll respond, maybe he starts impressing in training and in the few matches and boom, he's the first name to come in when Matic and/or Fabregas need to rest or can't play.

I think he has more chances... Luiz was used as our first replacement in the defense and while Ramires would replace a few guys in our midfield, I think he's more of an AN for Mourinho than a proper center midfielder... I think he'll play much more than Kalas did in case he stays

I surely hope so, but I just fear for him. We've suffered too much with young players like Marco to not have a lot of concerns.

I surely hope so, but I just fear for him. We've suffered too much with young players like Marco to not have a lot of concerns.

I don't think Jose intended to ignore Kalas it was more bad luck than anything.

He was injured at the start then missed the Swindon match were he would have likely played, then he was fit for the next round but, again unfortunately for him, we were at The Emirates, then after that Gary and John established themselves as the foundation of the team for the rest of the season.

Im sure Mou was being genuine when he said Kalas would start twenty games, just a series off circumstances prevented it happening.

Also with Huth, Mikel and Varane, Jose has already shown in his career he will give a young player an important role under the correct conditions.

I don't think Jose intended to ignore Kalas it was more bad luck than anything.

He was injured at the start then missed the Swindon match were he would have likely played, then he was fit for the next round but, again unfortunately for him, we were at The Emirates, then after that Gary and John established themselves as the foundation of the team for the rest of the season.

Im sure Mou was being genuine when he said Kalas would start twenty games, just a series off circumstances prevented it happening.

Also with Huth, Mikel and Varane, Jose has already shown in his career he will give a young player an important role under the correct conditions.

Kalas was never going to play 20 games. Terry, Cahill, Luiz, and Ivanovic were all ahead of him at CB. 4th/5th choice CBs don't get any playing time on any team and it was obvious before the season that Kalas wasn't going to play much.

Luiz was our first replacement midfielder when Ramires and Lampard was our midfield pairing. We have since added Fabergas and Matic. Ramires is third choice and Mikel is the guy Mourinho likes to bring on late in games to help close things out. It is hard to see MVG getting very many minutes barring major injuries. He's a better and more well-rounded prospect than Romeu so I have higher hopes for him but at some point, he is going to have to play more than just a few minutes here and there in order to take the next step in his career.