André Schürrle

BlueLion.

How long has Oscar been stuck on 6? He was our top scorer at one point lol.

Oscar hasn't scored since we beat Southampton 3-0 on 1st January and IIRC, Hazard has already scored more league goals than him by then.

Excuse me while I have a fangirl moment here

:dance: :dance: :getin: :getin: :woo: :woo: :delight: :delight: :heart: :heart:

Okay now I'm back

I was so upset at the store the other day when I bought my away shirt and couldn't have his name because they were missing some letters - but as a Brazilian I surely worked around it :P

I love this guy since the first interview when he showed so much love and respect for Chelsea. Those players always win my love instantly regardless of how technical or classy they are because I don't know, it touches me somehow, even if people that aren't as naive as I am say it's all words to get the supporters'. He seemed honest imo and I've been a fan ever since.

André's role in this team has always been clear for me since the beginning. He isn't technical, talented or classy as some of our players, but he has pace, a good finishing and he moves really well. I remember his first goal for us from that Torres cross, how well he's moved around. He's amazing on that.

Not every player needs to be as technical and talented as Hazard. No team in the world affords 11 highly technical players. Schürrle has it all imo to be part of our squad for a long time. He offers things none, not even Salah as far as I can say, of our AMs offer. This variation is so important for Mourinho tactically because he can surprise an opponent with offering something completely different.

Few of our players suit the counter-attack better than he does as well. That's why I'm not totally writing off the possibility of him starting some matches as the striker. Neither Torres or Eto'o has the pace he has, he won't dribble as well as Eto'o, but he takes on players without dribbling, simply by passing by them through the spaces. He's one of our best players exploring spaces. The way he gets behind defenses (and rarely getting himself offside), the way he finds space that is there (unlike Hazard who creates space with his amazing dribbles), makes him one very useful footballer and with his finish being quite good, we could use him as a striker in a few matches depending on what Mourinho wants. That's why it HURTS me whenever Mourinho gets Ramires and not Schürrle at the RW when we need pace. Yeah, nobody runs more than Rami-the-Energyzer-Bunny-res, but Shirley is quite fast himself and he's so much better making decisions than Rami is.

But Mourinho said he's learning a few things and there were those rumors saying Mourinho wanted him to improve his body, probably get him stronger. I think if he can get stronger and endure the physicality longer, he'll be a key player next season for some matches. Our secret weapon because playing with Oscar Willian Hazard brings something completely different than replacing any of the first two with Schürrle. I suppose next year we won't need him to be deployed as a striker because we'll have a good one here (I'll be sending my prayers for as much), but in this one he could make a few cameos there. I know that's not his position, but seeing him play for Germany ( :wub:) last year, his finishing was even more superb and clinical. I saw people in the match's thread mentioning the Utd match, but two things should be said: that was our third match in the league, and Mourinho's approach was completely defensively then. Schurrle was there just to make sure we had at least in paper someone in the attack.

Excuse me while I have a fangirl moment here

:dance: :dance: :getin: :getin: :woo: :woo: :delight: :delight: :heart: :heart:

Okay now I'm back

I was so upset at the store the other day when I bought my away shirt and couldn't have his name because they were missing some letters - but as a Brazilian I surely worked around it :P

I love this guy since the first interview when he showed so much love and respect for Chelsea. Those players always win my love instantly regardless of how technical or classy they are because I don't know, it touches me somehow, even if people that aren't as naive as I am say it's all words to get the supporters'. He seemed honest imo and I've been a fan ever since.

André's role in this team has always been clear for me since the beginning. He isn't technical, talented or classy as some of our players, but he has pace, a good finishing and he moves really well. I remember his first goal for us from that Torres cross, how well he's moved around. He's amazing on that.

Not every player needs to be as technical and talented as Hazard. No team in the world affords 11 highly technical players. Schürrle has it all imo to be part of our squad for a long time. He offers things none, not even Salah as far as I can say, of our AMs offer. This variation is so important for Mourinho tactically because he can surprise an opponent with offering something completely differently.

Few of our players suit the counter-attack better than he does as well. That's why I'm not totally writing off the possibility of him starting some matches as the striker. Neither Torres or Eto'o has the pace he has, he won't dribble as well as Eto'o, but he takes on players without dribbling, simply by passing by them through the spaces. He's one of our best players exploring spaces. The way he gets behind defenses (and rarely getting himself offside), the way he finds space that is there (unlike Hazard who creates space with his amazing dribbles), makes him one very useful footballer and with his finish being quite good, we could use him as a striker in a few matches depending on what Mourinho wants. That's why it HURTS me whenever Mourinho gets Ramires and not Schürrle at the RW when we need pace. Yeah, nobody runs more than Rami-the-Energyzer-Bunny-res, but Shirley is quite fast himself.

But Mourinho said he's learning a few things and there were those rumors saying Mourinho wanted him to improve his body, probably get him stronger. I think if he can get stronger and endure the physicality longer, he'll be a key player next season for some matches. Our secret weapon because playing with Oscar Willian Hazard brings something completely different than replacing any of the first two with Schürrle. I suppose next year we won't need him to be deployed as a striker because we'll have a good one here (I'll be sending my prayers for as much), but in this one he could make a few cameos there. I know that's not his position, but seeing him play for Germany ( :wub:) last year, his finishing was even more superb and clinical. I saw people in the match's thread mentioning the Utd match, but two things should be said: that was our third match in the league, and Mourinho's approach was completely defensively then. Schurrle was there just to make sure we had at least in paper someone in the attack.

Same. Really liked him when he came, thought he could turn into our Reus or Hulk for a less cost, and still do. Really think he could be our secret weapon in the run in.

Doesn't seem to bitch and moan when he doesn't play either, sits and waits for his turn, and my god did he take it yesterday. Really stepped up to the plate when we needed him and didn't go hiding after a very poor first half. It would have been easy for Schurrle to hide and allow Hazard and co to get the goal but no, he stepped up, gambled on runs and got a fine hat trick.

he was the worst of the 3 AMs in the first, but let's not fool ourselves, all of them hid. So in a team where nobody was playing shit, it's unfair to point his first half performance. He was hideous, but the rest weren't much less bad.

Makes the second half performance of Hazard and Schurrle more impressive imo. Shows they're up for the fight.

he was the worst of the 3 AMs in the first, but let's not fool ourselves, all of them hid. So in a team where nobody was playing shit, it's unfair to point his first half performance. He was hideous, but the rest weren't much less bad.

in unrelated news, our rock star :P

tumblr_n1sxohnrMd1siucpmo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n1sxohnrMd1siucpmo3_1280.jpg

x

Rock star indeed :D Watch the beginning of this video:

tumblr_n1rsqvcVQP1s75af7o2_r1_1280.png

1969154_677555902285686_404237975_n.jpg

look at the amount of clothes scattered all around. It looks exactly like my bed right now :lol:

at least mine is in my bed, he's supposedly in the living room :lol:

boys are going to be boys :P

and on girls being girls, I can't resist Storm!!!!!!! I love the little husk!

tumblr_n1rxuznlk61s75af7o1_500.jpg

Re watched the game on Chelsea Tv and everyone who aid he was the worst of our 3 AMs I may have to say were pretty wrong.. Bar the poor free kick an corners his first half wasn't as bad as some have made it out to be.. To be fair Hazard and Oscar lot possession a lot more than he did in first half

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/jose-mourinho-hails-andre-schurrle-but-states-that-he-is-not-a-striker-9164169.html

Jose Mourinho was quick to downplay any suggestion that Andre Schürrle could solve his goalscoring problems after the German’s treble in Saturday’s 3-1 win at Fulham.

“He is a cold blooded finisher, with good finishing technique, but he is not a striker,” said the Chelsea manager.

Schürrle agreed. “I think I'm more of an attacker than a midfielder like Lamps [Frank Lampard],” he said, before adding, “I can play No 10, on the right side or something in between to get my runs from the deep and get some shots in.”

''I think for me, when I play on the right wing and Eden [Hazard] on the left it's perfect because I know he can take on two or three people and have the quality to make the pass to me. When I start my run, he always knows that I'm running and sees me. There were two perfect passes from him [for Schürrle’s first two goals].”

In a similar vein Schürrle seems to have accepted being left on the sidelines, despite being an £18m signing, until he adapted to Mourinho’s demands.

This was only his second league start since scoring twice at Stoke in early December and Schürrle said: “We talked a lot. He told me I needed to change, to change my game and my body. And that's what I've done over the last two months. I've really worked very hard to be aggressive, to be in a good shape with my body. I did a lot in the gym. Now I'm ready to play more often.”

Well that explains why he didn't start enough this year. Not what pple were saying mourinho punished him for going to arsenal party.