Chelsea v Spurs

Jase

If we lose, i don't think Arsenal will beat Wigan and Newcastle, they might win 1 but i honestly don't think they'll win both even though they are favourites to do so. A Tottenham win would devastate me but it could make me overjoyed a couple of weeks later. I'm still dreaming of seeing Arsenal come 5th but i really do hope we win. It's not the worst situation to be in tbf. Think i'll go straight to the pub after work, defo :D will be a great atmosphere (if i don't get beat up).

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We knew maybe a point wasn't bad (at Old Trafford) but we wanted to win," Mata told Chelsea TV. "We now play against Tottenham on Wednesday, which is going to be a final again.

"Three points is amazing because now we are in third position. If we win against Tottenham we will be in the Champions League.

"Mentally you don't have time to disconnect. We play Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday, so mentally you are always focused.

"Physically you have to rest. These two days are important to us, Monday and Tuesday.

"We need to rest, to train and get ready. We want and need to win against Tottenham."

I don't think Rafa will start with Oscar,Mata and Hazard with Bale in the form he is... It will give him too much space.

Expect Moses to start ahead of Hazard/Oscar and Ramires and Mikel to play in the middle and Lampard on the bench.

Could Luiz play in a defensive midfield role? He is physically strong and quick which is similar to Bale.

I don't think Rafa will start with Oscar,Mata and Hazard with Bale in the form he is... It will give him too much space.

Expect Moses to start ahead of Hazard/Oscar and Ramires and Mikel to play in the middle and Lampard on the bench.

Could Luiz play in a defensive midfield role? He is physically strong and quick which is similar to Bale.

oscar is our offensive player who tracks back the most, he will start for sure

That tottenham forum is getting so pathetic its almost sad, they're coming up with hypothetical situations where they beat us and we "tie aston villa"

I'd hate to be in a situation where I had to hope my rival team draw against a team they be EIGHT NIL back in December.

That tottenham forum is getting so pathetic its almost sad, they're coming up with hypothetical situations where they beat us and we "tie aston villa"

I'd hate to be in a situation where I had to hope my rival team draw against a team they be EIGHT NIL back in December.

Mate i get your point but you cant compare the Villa side in December to the side today....

If we win this game, we've guaranteed top four football. There is no way Spurs can recover from six points behind thanks to our impressive goal difference.

Alternatively, if we draw this game and pick and up 4 points from Villa away and Everton at home, that will obviously do the trick. We just can't afford to lose.

If we draw all we need would be 3 points, unless spurs are gonna do something really special like 10-0 and we lose by a few. So i would be fairly happy with a draw, and just have to beat Villa. They are in a relegation scrap, but still, we should have enough.

Or just smash tottenham, and relax for the rest of the prem season.

The best scenario is BEATING Spurs. I cant wait for Villa. They are very dangerous right now. Its our stadium, our fans, we should beat the spuds. Unfortunately we will be gifting Arsenal a top 4 spot.

#Decisions

The best scenario is BEATING Spurs. I cant wait for Villa. They are very dangerous right now. Its our stadium, our fans, we should beat the spuds. Unfortunately we will be gifting Arsenal a top 4 spot.

#Decisions

I would prefer Arsenal and ourselves finished top 4 than Spurs and ourselves. Spurs would actually go out and look at big players unlike Arsenal, who always seem to invest in younger players at lower values. Plus if Spurs aren't in the top 4 then there is more chance Gareth Bale will piss off.

Last time they beat us at The Bridge, 1990, December I think, Fucking last minute goal from Linekar to beat us 2-1. I was sat (stood) in the old West Stand and had a blinding view as it went in. I was absolutely, and utterly gutted. Still, 23 years ago :D

The king is here.....

This match always bring back memories of one of my all-time favourite games.

And for those who don't know, Mal Donaghy was like an early-90s version of Eden Hazard....and yes that is some form of badger on his head.

Watching that back I have no fucking idea how Kharine wasn't red-carded for the second pen.

"Mentally you don't have time to disconnect. We play Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday, so mentally you are always focused.

This part is important. People go on about the fatigue of a long season but a positive of that is it gives no time to the players to sit around on their heels; they can't afford to mope after a loss or wait pensively for a game to arrive. There's a 'let's get on with this' feel around the camp, much more desirable than, say, Arsenal who can do little but watch nervously while we play out our games.