Chelsea v Spurs

Jase

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post is for Leif...

I am absurdly EXCITED for this match. I hate Spurs (not more than I hate Manure and QPR, but still) and we can totally end their hopes of getting a top3 (while dramatically narrowing their chances of top4). I want to trash them really really bad, I would not miss this game for anything if I were living in UK!

I honestly believe this is our BIGGEST HOME MATCH since our 8-0 vs. Wigan in 09/10. We can secure top4 and allow ourselves to rest key players to Amsterdam.

I feel we will dominate the game from top to bottom, but whenever Bale gets the ball we will have our hearts jumping out of our mouths (I think we might be a bit shaky on the back because of it). I predict 2-1.

I am glad the game is at 3pm for me, makes the wait a lot less intense, since I will sleep and have class all morning...

So. Potential knock-on affects if we lose this (and fail to get top 4).

No CL revenue next season. No Mourinho (well, even less chance anyway). Less chance of attracting top players. Tottenham keep Bale. They strengthen during the Summer and it becomes even harder the following season for Champions League football. New players such as Hazard and Oscar may question whether they made the right move or not. The "We're not becoming Liverpool ffs!" sentence loses it's validity as this is similar to how they fell, regardless how rich our owner may be. Thus begins a potential crumble.

If we win tomorrow (and obtain top 4 while Tottenham fail to get it).

CL revenue on top of the cash we already have. A higher chance of Mou coming back. The usual "Pick who we want and then sign them" policy (within reason anyway). Tottenham sell Bale (hasn't AVB conceded they'll let him go if they have no CL footie next season?) Other stars such as Dembele or Sandro could be sold, weakening an already questionable midfield. With irreplaceable Bale gone, getting top 4 the following season again looks much easier. We get to rub it in Spurs fan's faces that we've made them miss out on the CL yet again :D

I've just made myself even more anxious for this game :ph34r:

So. Potential knock-on affects if we lose this (and fail to get top 4).

No CL revenue next season. No Mourinho (well, even less chance anyway). Less chance of attracting top players. Tottenham keep Bale. They strengthen during the Summer and it becomes even harder the following season for Champions League football. New players such as Hazard and Oscar may question whether they made the right move or not.

You forgot to add the glee that AVB will have after his ill-fated experience w/ CFC. Imagine how he will over-celebrate every freakin' good call for spudz tomorrow. Plus the fact it will be spudz first League win @ Da Bridge since Feb 1990. The media will not let us forget it & spudz fans will party like it's 1999 :rolleyes: I will kick my Mom in the leg for a draw tomorrow.

Very glad Sandro is out (I had no idea). He's very tenacious and would have caused a lot of problems. Here's hoping Dembele doesn't play either.

Sandro has been out for about 6 months now, he's out for the rest of the season.

Best defensive midfielder in the league for me, what a player he has turned out to be, credit to AVB tbh losing a player like that but still managing to win so many games. Even if they are a one man team.

Head-to-head

• Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 22 home league meetings with Tottenham (W15, D7), plus three cup matches (W1, D2).
  • Spurs' last win at Stamford Bridge was in February 1990, when Gary Lineker and David Howells got the goals in a 2-1 victory.

Chelsea

• Chelsea are chasing a seventh successive home Premier League win.
  • Juan Mata has scored three times in his last two league and cup games against Tottenham.
  • The Blues have won 18 of the 24 Premier League games in which they scored first this season, losing only once (at West Ham).
  • Frank Lampard is one short of equalling Bobby Tambling's record of 202 goals for Chelsea.

compiled by:bbc

Chelsea will go through the motions as will Spuds in the first half, neither wanting to concede then it should get better in the second half. I'm not worried about this one, AVB is under a lot of pressure to show up his former employers but they just don't have the firepower nor the defense to deal with Chelsea. I see it as a comfortable 2-0 victory with Mata scoring and an injury time goal by Torres.

Logically analyzing the two teams, venue, etc., it seems we should definitely get something from this match. However, I have a deep sense of foreboding about this one. My prediction is the shit from the lane take all 3 pts. Oh how I'd love to be wrong about this...

Even if we loose we have a way better goal difference. It will still be in our hands - win against Villa and Everton and we are in the top 4. I know, it will be hard though..

At the same time both Gunners and Spurs will face teams fighting to avoid relegation so it's not easy wins for them either.