Man of the Match  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We won without Hazard too. Your point?

That we've gone on a run of games where we've won when Mikel hasn't played, where-as when he had lengthy periods of starting in the team we were dropping lots of points. Point made.

Yes he did. I did watch it and I saw Luiz clutching the back of his ankle when Rafael actually caught him on his thigh. In the clip that the tv channel kept showing, you can see at the end of it Luiz was about to get up, then Iva came up to him and said something and Luiz clutches his ankle again and rolls around some more.

It was a red card, I said so in the first post, but Luiz was clearly acting.

Nah, I don't think what Luiz did qualifies as rolling around. Rolling around to me is when a player pretends to be hurt and pretends he's in anguish. Luiz wasn't in anguish, he was laughing.

He didn't really "roll around". He was even laughing. Go watch again. It was a red card even if Luiz jumped back up and started doing back flips because it was right in front of the Lineswoman. There was no "simulation" in there at all.

it was a red... no doubt... but luiz's "reaction" was unsupporting or how ever u put it... just think of it this way.. what if the player to make the tackle was luiz and the one doing what luiz did was rio/rooney/rvp...

That we've gone on a run of games where we've won when Mikel hasn't played, where-as when he had lengthy periods of starting in the team we were dropping lots of points. Point made.

We also had a run of games where Mikel started where we won games. You're daft if you think it's solely Mikel's fault that we were dropping points.

Not based on today. No way. I wouldn't want to see our captain laying into the referee like he did to Webb. It's easy to say passion, commitment and other things but that was a really stupid yellow card to take.

Webb may have favoured United consistently but Luiz needs to be calmed down a bit

Thats what a captain should do.

it was a red... no doubt... but luiz's "reaction" was unsupporting or how ever u put it... just think of it this way.. what if the player to make the tackle was luiz and the one doing what luiz did was rio/rooney/rvp...

Fair enough but if it happened the other way around I would be hounding Luiz for being stupid enough to kick out at a player.

I don't know what you look for in a captain but I look for passion. Yes, laying into the referee isn't necessary but his passion rubbed off on the players and alas we started playing with a little more fire. Luiz had every right to lay into Webb because he was giving a lot of nonsense decisions to United. Obviously he needs to calm down a tad little but that's why I said "future".

Thats what a captain should do.

I'm sorry. How can you condone laying into the referee? I mean, it's the captain's job to speak to the ref on behalf of the team and it won't do us any favours if Luiz is badmouthing the ref

Passion-wise, he's a proper captaincy candidate and I'll admit, I felt a tinge of happiness seeing him go after Webb like that but I wouldn't want to see a club captain doing that

Man. United's loss to Chelsea means they can't break our record of 29 wins in a PL season!

Yay!Our record for points is safe thanks to last week.

I can understand why but their fans did get a bit big headed this season..we can win the treble...oh wait...meh the double then we've pretty much won it...oh wait maybe not....we'll just get mega points and wins...or not :D

I don't understand people's problem with Luiz laughing, Is there a rule that you have to make a sad face after being fouled?

He was laughing while lying totally opposite to the Ref. Webb didn't even see him laughing. As Kojo said, he was laughing at Rafael's stupidity and rightly so!!

Rafael fouled Luiz. He got the red card he deserved for what he did. You don't give out red cards based on how much pain, if any, the other player is in; which is why so many red cards are given for small things like pulling the opposition's clothing or giving them a slight nudge when you're the last defender. You give/get a red card simply down to what was committed or intended by a player.

People say it was unsporting of Luiz to smile - so should he have faked serious pain, put on a crying face and lied to us all? No. He wasn't in pain (from what we can see) and thus didn't express any fake pain like so many players would have done which gets them a bad reputation.

Fair enough but if it happened the other way around I would be hounding Luiz for being stupid enough to kick out at a player.

surely... and i am sure that united fans would be laying into rafael too... but every1 of us would be ridiculing the player who was grinning after the tackle.. that is almost busquet-like...

That is just simply one massive and priceless win. The overall performance was average (and so was United really) and we looked clueless in the final third, again. Having said that, the win is all that matters now. Another 3 points against Spurs on Wednesday will seal our place in the Top 4 though avoiding defeat is very important!