Man United 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

We also had a run of games where Mikel started where we won games. You're daft if you think it's solely Mikel's fault that we were dropping points.

It's not quite as black and white as that. You know fine well that there's an always ongoing discussion in the Mikel thread. You also know there's people on here who always preach that he 'helps the defence' and 'does his role well'. Well I'm just reminding everyone that since he's been dropped, injured, whatever - Since he's been out of the team, we've gone on a consistent run of beating teams. We're consistently average with him playing. We're consistently above-average when he's where he belongs.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this the first PL home game for Manchester United in many, many years where they've failed to score at home? Or was that record broken already and I missed it?

I'm sorry. How can you condone laying into the referee? I mean, it's the captain's job to speak to the ref on behalf of the team and it won't do us any favours if Luiz is badmouthing the ref

Passion-wise, he's a proper captaincy candidate and I'll admit, I felt a tinge of happiness seeing him go after Webb like that but I wouldn't want to see a club captain doing that

Giggs was doing the same damn thing just today :rolleyes:

Puyol does it.Beckenbauer did it.Gattuso/Ambrosini did it.The list goes on.These are successful leaders.No need to act like Luiz punched Webb in the face

Were Manure plain shite or just didn't want Twattenham to qualify for CL in order to make it easier to buy Gareth Bale?

Anyway, this was the least we could get after the infamous October game.

KTBFFH

Well from what I've gathered Arsenal fans are shitting bricks, don't know about Spurs. However if we win against Spurs on wednesday then we are in top 4 no doubt, even if we lost our last two games after that we would still just edge Spurs in goal difference come the end of the season.

But with Gareth Super Fucking Bale it's going to be difficult, theirs not one doubt in my mind that he will at least get a goal or an assist, no doubt about it, so I think it's a game where we will have to score more goals, I sense a goal fest, but only if we are up for it.

Lets just hope we have Hazard, because I think he's going to be vital for that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMMrgqSJNAE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmPXhxqiBuY

Fair play to Benitez for batting away the last question about rumours linking with him Schalke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9MKdPGJMXE

Was thinking "Fair play to Fergie" when he said we deserved the win...until he starts talking about the referee saying United never got any decisions going their way and we surrounded the ref all day! That is so typical of him! :doh:

It's not quite as black and white as that. You know fine well that there's an always ongoing discussion in the Mikel thread. You also know there's people on here who always preach that he 'helps the defence' and 'does his roll well'. Well I'm just reminding everyone that since he's been dropped, injured, whatever - Since he's been out of the team, we've gone on a consistent run of beating teams. We're consistently average with him playing. We're consistently above-average when he's where he belongs.

Well, your own comment seemed black and white to me as well so I felt that I should say something about it. I don't think you can say for definite after Mikel hasn't played for 4 games that we play better without him. It isn't as black and white as that. We really aren't consistently above average whenever he doesn't play - we've played bad in games where Mikel hasn't played, and we've played bad in games he has. That's why I thought your comment was inappropriate.

Giggs was doing the same damn thing just today :rolleyes:

Puyol does it.Beckenbauer did it.Gattuso/Ambrosini did it.The list goes on.These are successful leaders.No need to act like Luiz punched Webb in the face

That's no argument to support his leadership.

As a captain, he'll have to speak to the ref constantly. Not gonna work if he keeps blowing his lid off. However frustrating it gets

Massive three points, win on Wednesday and it's over and even a draw would almost seal the Champions League qualification. Tottenham fans whining about United playing their second team is almost as hilarious as them last season after Munich. :lol:

Luiz and Mata obviously deserve massive credit for the win but I'll go with Azpilicueta for Man of the Match.

Rafael fouled Luiz. He got the red card he deserved for what he did. You don't give out red cards based on how much pain, if any, the other player is in; which is why so many red cards are given for small things like pulling the opposition's clothing or giving them a slight nudge when you're the last defender. You give/get a red card simply down to what was committed or intended by a player.

People say it was unsporting of Luiz to smile - so should he have faked serious pain, put on a crying face and lied to us all? No. He wasn't in pain (from what we can see) and thus didn't express any fake pain like so many players would have done which gets them a bad reputation.

so lying on the ground holding your ankle and secretly smiling gets him a good rep?? interesting...

I don't understand people's problem with Luiz laughing, Is there a rule that you have to make a sad face after being fouled?

He was laughing while lying totally opposite to the Ref. Webb didn't even see him laughing. As Kojo said, he was laughing at Rafael's stupidity and rightly so!!

Exactly, maybe David Luiz enjoys pain.

so lying on the ground holding your ankle and secretly smiling gets him a good rep?? interesting...

He wasn't laying on the ground. He was brought to the ground by Rafael's foul. He couldn't fight gravity like Superman and stay up. So it was Rafael's doing which had Luiz on the ground. He probably experienced some pain so obviously grabbed his ankle as any normal human being would do, especially when it's the body part you've made your career out of. Smiling is a fine expression and should be applauded. If he knows that the opposition's player has just committed a red-card worthy foul and is about to get sent off, there's nothing wrong with expressing some sort of relief or joy, especially when you're minutes away from a huge win.

I also didn't say doing whatever he's 'done' gets you a good rep. I simply said what other players do gets them a bad rep. Luiz didn't do the 'opposite' of other players; he simply did something different. Therefore it's not automatically 'good' just because what others do is 'bad'. It's just neutral depending on what you like/don't like to see in football.

It's not quite as black and white as that. You know fine well that there's an always ongoing discussion in the Mikel thread. You also know there's people on here who always preach that he 'helps the defence' and 'does his roll well'. Well I'm just reminding everyone that since he's been dropped, injured, whatever - Since he's been out of the team, we've gone on a consistent run of beating teams. We're consistently average with him playing. We're consistently above-average when he's where he belongs.

I know we have won without Mikel today (again) but is there any need to actually suddenly bring him into the equation here and say our fine run of form has been down to his absence?! While that maybe the case, no one can say that "Oh, we are winning games because Mikel is not playing" UNTIL he actually returns and play a run of games where we see how our results go then. Too easy to say we have been on a good run recently because of his absence now when the probable fact is, the other players could just be getting themselves up, putting in that extra 10-15% into their bodies, in this long and tiring season, to ensure we achieve our objectives in this final run of games!

Isn't this the first PL home game for Manchester United in many, many years where they've failed to score at home? Or was that record broken already and I missed it?

It's the 1st time they failed to score at OT in the Premier League since December 2009 where they lost 1-0 to Aston Villa. We ended their all-time PL record of scoring in 66 consecutive home matches with this shut-out (and win!).