Jase

Man of the Match  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't laying on the ground. He was brought to the ground by Rafael's foul. He couldn't fight gravity like Superman and stay up. So it was Rafael's doing which had Luiz on the ground. He probably experienced some pain so obviously grabbed his ankle as any normal human being would do, especially when it's the body part you've made your career out of. Smiling is a fine expression and should be applauded. If he knows that the opposition's player has just committed a red-card worthy foul and is about to get sent off, there's nothing wrong with expressing some sort of relief or joy, especially when you're minutes away from a huge win.

I also didn't say doing whatever he's 'done' gets you a good rep. I simply said what other players do gets them a bad rep. Luiz didn't do the 'opposite' of other players; he simply did something different. Therefore it's not automatically 'good' just because what others do is 'bad'. It's just neutral depending on what you like/don't like to see in football.

oh i forgot luiz was a saint and all of luiz's reaction were totally pure and justified... what you have written is BS. its totally chelsea/luiz tinted. luiz was on the ground for a looooonnngggg time... reason - he wanted to get rafael sent off. now dont get me wrong, it was a CLEAR DESERVED RED. but the way luiz acted was shameful...

i know luiz is a no superman but if u think that he was on the ground for as long a time as he was, only because rafael had kicked him, then well cant help u... also the kick was on the thigh/calf... luiz was holding his ANKLES...

She has been the best this season.

Almost all her calls has been spot on.

I hope she continues the good work and looking for her next season. :)

We'll have a Sian Massey appreciation thread soon :D

That's no argument to support his leadership.

As a captain, he'll have to speak to the ref constantly. Not gonna work if he keeps blowing his lid off. However frustrating it gets

He won't blow his lid off if the referee does his job properly. It wasn't like he did it after 1 incident the referee didn't call. There were numerous ones, and all of our players were getting aggravated with the referee.

On the absence of Eden Hazard

' He had a problem with his calf. He trained yesterday and we thought he was fine, but we didn't want to take a risk with him.

'He could be available [for Wednesday], the physios are working with him and he could be fit.'

That's no argument to support his leadership.

As a captain, he'll have to speak to the ref constantly. Not gonna work if he keeps blowing his lid off. However frustrating it gets

Keep blowing his lid off? You mean getting pissed off at Webb today? Has he actually been getting angry at others refs previously?

Today is like the first time where he actually got really pissed at a referee and while I agree that he should have calmed down a bit, you can't really fault a player when they get that angry in a game of high stakes where we desperately need to win.

What's all this about Luiz diving? Just because he was laughing doesn't mean he dived.

To be honest when I seen him laughing on the floor, I thought he was just laughing at how pathetic Rafael was. And it's clear he never dived as Rafael put him on the floor himself, Luiz hammered him on the corner flag.

I reckon he was laughing because he and Rafael are Brazilian Teammates and he knows he got him there. But if you didnt notice after he smiled he was about to get up and then had a look over and went back into a state of 'agony' if you will.

But fuck what other people think. He's a fucking legend ! And Howard Webb was absolutely dreadful today and David Luiz was fucking frustrated and in the end justice was served (surprisingly enough because.... afterall it is Man Utd and Howard Webb were talking about here.

Keep blowing his lid off? You mean getting pissed off at Webb today? Has he actually been getting angry at others refs previously?

Today is like the first time where he actually got really pissed at a referee and while I agree that he should have calmed down a bit, you can't really fault a player when they get that angry in a game of high stakes where we desperately need to win.

Nope. I prefer a calm captain. Captain is the one speaking to ref? You saw Lampard speaking to the ref over the Luiz-Giggs incident. Badmouthing ref never helps as a captain. As i have said already , I'm perfectly allright if a player does that and i took particular satisfaction at Luiz laying into Webb but not as a captain. nope

Oscar was pretty good, probably the best player on the pitch. Was involve in almost everything especially in the first half. Oh and Luiz, he's a fucking Legend for yelling at webb's face.

He won't blow his lid off if the referee does his job properly. It wasn't like he did it after 1 incident the referee didn't call. There were numerous ones, and all of our players were getting aggravated with the referee.

and did anyone else pick up a silly yellow for complaining? I rest my case on this.

"In the future" seems appropriate

After yesterday's results, I said that winning 1-0 at Old Trafford would be the perfect asnwer to Spurs and Arsenal wins 1-0. And boy it is even sweeter!

Nope. I prefer a calm captain. Captain is the one speaking to ref? You saw Lampard speaking to the ref over the Luiz-Giggs incident. Badmouthing ref never helps as a captain. As i have said already , I'm perfectly allright if a player does that and i took particular satisfaction at Luiz laying into Webb but not as a captain. nope

Luiz may have gone a tad OTT today but are you suddenly saying that he's not calm because of this one incident? Generally, he's not a volatile or an angry person to berate a referee every time. And really, don't think we should suddenly act as if every captain should be cool, calm and collected at all times on the pitch especially with the high stakes out there on the pitch. Generally they should but there will be times where the players react angrily to referee particularly when they see the amount of decisions that we should have gotten but didn't. Moreover, every captain, at every club will react and/or respond angrily to a referee at one point or another in their career, like it or not. Even here, the likes of Terry, Lampard and Drogba have all reacted angrily a referee before and I don't see anyone then saying they shoudn't be captain of the club. To say Luiz should not be a captain because of this one particularly incident, when he's generally a calm person, is just non-sensical.