Man United 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Antics aside, what can't be denied is that Luiz had a blinder. Hardly put a foot wrong all game and his passes were quite accurate. He's really risen to become one of our best defenders over the past few months. Same goes for Dave.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Dave Dave, will certainly be one of the very top players in his position under José, no doubt about him, since Marseille I always found him very good, and they are doing quite well without him, we mustnt forget he had a terrible terrible injury but he recovered very well.I believe in him.

It was a red card for Rafael, even if Luiz had not even noticed the kick and Rafael had broken his leg by kicking him. In the sense of the law already the effort to hurt another player is to be punished with a red card. It is not Luiz fault that refs easily get influenced by the reaction of the fouled player rather than judging the foul itself. Luiz did what every footballer is taught to do, when he is fouled badly.

Opposite Suarez, Busquets or whoever Luiz has not faked anything to get an opponent sent off, he did not even had to, Rafael should have been sent off anyway, even if David Luiz would have danced samba afterwards.

What? I don't care if it was a red card or not. That was besides the point I was making. The fact if the matter is that Luiz play acted and that's that.

How about after I grow a pair, I fuck you? Make you my bitch, I'm into BDSM too so you'll be in for a rough time.

Or how about Luiz grows a pair and never does such a bitch move again? This is the shot I expect from that little rat Suarez not Luiz. People call Busquets and what not diving cunts but once Luiz does it he is a legend.

Not sure we are all agreeing on what Luiz actually did here...

He did get kicked so there was no playacting for that. His smirk was obviously a "gotcha!" because at that moment in the game he wanted to kill some time (red card hadn't been shown) and Rafael lashing out provided just that. Rafael is also his teammate for Brazil and that could've been some rivalry going on too, but all in the game.

Now let's just say Luiz had gone easy on Rafael allowing him to take the ball and United eventually scored, would that make people around here happy? You can't be too nice in tough matches like this one, at least not if you want to win.

LOVE Mata's passion. His talent amazes me every time, but what actually shocks me a little is the desire and passion that he shows for the club on and off the pitch. I expected him to be one of those calm, cool & collected little Spaniards that just celebrates a goal in a regular way (or worse still, an Arshavin-type who genuinely seems surprised to find himself on a football pitch) while the more obviously fiery/enthusiastic players (English lads/Luiz/etc) go mad but damnit his celebrations get to me! Maybe they seem more powerful coming from such a little lad lol

The way he talks about the club and the fans off the pitch is delightful as well. He's diplomatic, but also very, very passionate and aware of the club's history. Hope he never leaves :heart:

What? I don't care if it was a red card or not. That was besides the point I was making. The fact if the matter is that Luiz play acted and that's that.

After the smile, he could've got up but held ankle (got kicked above it near back of knee) and rolled around

Fantastic win and just about deserved. Thought every player was good. Only player who somewhat managed to be quite exposed was Cole but later on second half recovered with well timed tackles and interceptions. Also, Moses missed a sitter but he had a good game and caused problems to their defence and I think he can be happy with his shift. His work rate was good, the amount of times he came deep to collect the ball and initiate an attack was countless and I think he has proven to his critics recently that he is quite a useful squad player.

As much as people don't like Rafa, credit has to go to him. Got tactics spot on and the decision to bring on Torres to combine with Ba was quite essential. Thanks God we hanged on for the win because if a injury time goal for United like what happened when we played Liverpool, repeated itself I honestly think I would of lost it. Big win for us, firmly in our hands, I just hope the boys don't get complacent in any way what so ever. Spurs beta United at OT for the first time in many years and same could happen so we need 100%.

Also think Azpi is making that RB slot a position of his own for sure now. Countless brilliant performances and once again I think Ramires proved his quality and why he has to be in the starting 11 for most games. His role was vital today and IIRC had a huge part in the goal. We are third and in recent games where people expected us to slip up due to Europa League participation, we have done excellently while still on our way to a final. Brilliant job by the players and yeah people will say United did not play their best team but having Hazard out of the whole squad was a big blow and managing to pull of a win is excellent.

Bring on Spurs and oh yeah it was funny that United picked up their first red card of this season and of all people to hand out that red card was Howard Webb laughingsmiley001.gif

surely... and i am sure that united fans would be laying into rafael too... but every1 of us would be ridiculing the player who was grinning after the tackle.. that is almost busquet-like...

It's different when it's the team you root for and the team you root against. You're always going to be pissed off if a player on another team does it and not as pissed off if pissed off at all if a player on the team you root for does it. You can't really compare the two.

*sobs*

Absolutely beautiful. I watched the match at a local English pub with the local Blues fan club, and my voice is still hoarse from screaming my head off when Mata won the match.

Luiz has been absolutely unbelievable as of late.

First 2 screamers in the EL, and another class performance today.

That's how you silence your critics Geezer, if you ever leave the club (which I'm sure he never will) I'd break down and cry. He's a Blue for life. We stuck with him when he has his bad spots of form, and now he's repaid our confidence tenfold.

I love you David. :wub:

And Dave is becoming the fantastic wing-back we all knew he could be, allowing Ivan to flourish next to Luiz in the centre.

OY! Why are the Blues so good?!? :blue scalf:

Was the goal really given as an own goal? Shocking if true, it was a pure Mata goal, the deflection was so minimal it couldn't even be seen without slow motion replay. Trivial matters aside however, it was the biggest win in the league this season. Winning against Spurs would be even bigger, fingers crossed.

It's different when it's the team you root for and the team you root against. You're always going to be pissed off if a player on another team does it and not as pissed off if pissed off at all if a player on the team you root for does it. You can't really compare the two.

true but only when it is a 50-50 tackle or even a 1-99 tackle/decision... the point here is that what luiz did was downright shameful.

Was the goal really given as an own goal? Shocking if true, it was a pure Mata goal, the deflection was so minimal it couldn't even be seen without slow motion replay. Trivial matters aside however, it was the biggest win in the league this season. Winning against Spurs would be even bigger, fingers crossed.

Definitely would have gone wide without the deflection. The goal barely squeaked into the corner of the net after taking a noticeable deflection off of Jones. The right call technically but it doesn't really matter. We got the goal, we won, and we deserved the win.