Luiz Gustavo

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure why Wolfsburg are the only club, becuase he's easily one of the best DM's in the world. Just watch him in the final against Spain in the Conf Cup or against Real in the SF in 2012. maybe Wolfsburg arent realy the only club, and maybe Bayern werent sure about him leaving and it was in a discussion with Pep and the board until now (and with Thiago's signing)

If you look at their performances in the last two seasons, he's better than De Rossi.

Why would Bayern let him go? they have Martinez who is more suitable to their game, and with Pep as a manager and with Thiago's arrival it seems Gustavo wont get a big part in the team.

He played 16 bundesliga games if he was as good as you say wouldnt he have played more.. I think you are overhyping him because he had a good game against spain..

Dont think he is that good and dont want him here!

He played 16 bundesliga games if he was as good as you say wouldnt he have played more.. I think you are overhyping him because he had a good game against spain..

Dont think he is that good and dont want him here!

He played only 16 games becuase they got Martinez, and i said why they chose to go for Martinez.

Im not overhyping him, he's the ultimate DM for us imo.

Its funny that people write their opinions when they havent seen any of the player. Its easy to see you're one of them, checking how many games he played... come on. Go and watch some Youtube videos at least. Be good at what your doing.

He played only 16 games becuase they got Martinez, and i said why they chose to go for Martinez.

Im not overhyping him, he's the ultimate DM for us imo.

Its funny that people write their opinions when they havent seen any of the player. Its easy to see you're one of them, checking how many games he played... come on. Go and watch some Youtube videos at least. Be good at what your doing.

I watched about 20-25 games they played last season and in switzerland we are well informed about the BL so dont give me any crap about people have not seen him play. You said he could be easily one of the best DM so why is he a sub? you can rate him but you are in MY opinion overhyping him because if he was that good why didnt he play more? So shut up mate and get your facts right and dont know why you are talking about youtube clips have you been watching a couple of them or what.. I dont get the hate you can tell somebody the are overhyping him and you get attacked its just so lame.. And yeah I wasnt sure how many games he played so I looked it up did you know how many he played before I told you? And attacking me because I said I think you are overhyping him just shows that you dont know enough about him. And FYI I watched him when he was still playing for hoffenheim and he had great potential but he has not been playing enough since then to be regarded as one of the best DM.

And one last question if I had more rep would you have said the same?

I watched about 20-25 games they played last season and in switzerland we are well informed about the BL so dont give me any crap about people have not seen him play. You said he could be easily one of the best DM so why is he a sub? you can rate him but you are in MY opinion overhyping him because if he was that good why didnt he play more? So shut up mate and get your facts right and dont know why you are talking about youtube clips have you been watching a couple of them or what.. I dont get the hate you can tell somebody the are overhyping him and you get attacked its just so lame.. And yeah I wasnt sure how many games he played so I looked it up did you know how many he played before I told you? And attacking me because I said I think you are overhyping him just shows that you dont know enough about him. And FYI I watched him when he was still playing for hoffenheim and he had great potential but he has not been playing enough since then to be regarded as one of the best DM.

And one last question if I had more rep would you have said the same?

Bayern would be fools to sell him, but they also were foolish enough to sell Gomez...

Gustavo might be worse than Martinez, cos he is much less skilled, smaller and weaker, but he is still one of the best DMs in the Bundesliga.

If we go for a Dm at all and do not go for De rossi, he should be considered. He is rather fast for a DM, much faster than Schweinsteiger or Javi martinez. His passing is decent, his tackling is excellent. The problem is his strengths or rather his lack of it. The web says he is 1,87, 80kg which can't be true. I am 1,90 and 80kg and i have seen him in person, he is much smaller than me, rather 70-75 kg. So if he puts on some muscle he can really become a great DM. I think is important for Brazil shows that he is a really capable, disciplined and hard working DM.

All in all, he is a faster, a bit less skilled, much smaller Mikel but with bigger engine and drive, more mobile and bigger radius of action, better sliding tackles and more dangerous offensively. So in general the better all-round package.

Bayern would be fools to sell him, but they also were foolish enough to sell Gomez...

Gustavo might be worse than Martinez, cos he is much less skilled, smaller and weaker, but he is still one of the best DMs in the Bundesliga.

If we go for a Dm at all and do not go for De rossi, he should be considered. He is rather fast for a DM, much faster than Schweinsteiger or Javi martinez. His passing is decent, his tackling is excellent. The problem is his strengths or rather his lack of it. The web says he is 1,87, 80kg which can't be true. I am 1,90 and 80kg and i have seen him in person, he is much smaller than me, rather 70-75 kg. So if he puts on some muscle he can really become a great DM. I think is important for Brazil shows that he is a really capable, disciplined and hard working DM.

All in all, he is a faster, a bit less skilled, much smaller Mikel but with bigger engine and drive, more mobile and bigger radius of action, better sliding tackles and more dangerous offensively. So in general the better all-round package.

How good is his passing?

he isnt small and weak. tall , agressive with lean muscle

121937056-luiz-gustavo-franck-ribery-man

Weaker than Martinez?

Why you always speak so much without any idea? makes me sick.

What interests me is this -

Gustavo is currently in Brazil's starting 11. The starting 11 which dominated Spain and looks set to start dominating world football altogether. He often has Oscar playing ahead of him and Paulinho beside him. It's an incredible trio which works well; Gustavo anchoring and Paulinho putting in the shifts in both attack and defence.

We already have Oscar, and honestly, I think Van Ginkel & Paulinho aren't exactly worlds apart, so then you slot Gustavo into the equation. We could have 2 out of 3 players of Brazil's first choice midfield (and Ramires who was originally in that starting XI spot over Paulinho I believe). Gustavo is about to enter the peak of his career it seems and Oscar will just keep getting better and eventually make that central attacking spot in our team his own like he's done for Brazil.

Maybe our future midfield could be: Gustavo - Van Ginkel

Oscar

I certainly think that could work. A very good balance there of technical skill, physical skill & mental skill. In a few years Gustavo would be the one offering us experience and leadership there with Oscar being our gem. Van Ginkel, as stated, would do the often-under-appreciated work of a proper box-to-box player like Paulinho currently does.

We could probably capture Gustavo from Bayern with considerable ease. He's not getting into that Bayern midfield as a first choice player and Guardiola typically sells off fringe players unless they're really rather old and won't bring in much cash. After seeing the damage his country can do together and after playing a big part in helping Brazil win the Confed Cup, there is absolutely no way he'll want to sit on Bayern's bench and lose his role for his national team. So, he comes here, and he cements a starting place in both a top European club and his country.

It makes sense for everyone.

Absolutely agree Lief. which brings the question... why the hell we arent going for him?! we could easily sell Mikel for some amount (like 8-10m at least) and get Gustavo for 16m pounds as reported. Its not about the money, its Jose, lets see if he's realy ok with his central midfield.

Absolutely agree Lief. which brings the question... why the hell we arent going for him?! we could easily sell Mikel for some amount (like 8-10m at least) and get Gustavo for 16m pounds as reported. Its not about the money, its Jose, lets see if he's realy ok with his central midfield.

Because Mikel will stay at Chelsea and José will have less and less money to spend and will focus more on creating a squad a la Ferguson throught the years.

Because Mikel will stay at Chelsea and José will have less and less money to spend and will focus more on creating a squad a la Ferguson throught the years.

Thats not a reason. Mikel could be sold, even if not for 15m we could still sell him for 50% or a bit more. Money is not the issue as i said, and Mikel is in the same age as Gustavo so its not about building for the future or creating a future squad. Mikel-Gustavo is an head-to-head, very simple replacement.

When you spend 18m on a 6th attacking midfielder, you can allow yourself to spend 8m or even 16m on a very needed DM. Not saying Jose thinks its needed, thats the big question.

How good is his passing?

as i wrote above. Really decent. About as good as Mikel's I think

he isnt small and weak. tall , agressive with lean muscle

121937056-luiz-gustavo-franck-ribery-man

He is not particularly strong for a DM either. His strength might be more than enough for Bundesliga. But in the EPL he has to face Yaya Toure. Lol according to google search, yaya toure is one kg lighter than Gustavo. Everyone can see Yaya is twice the size Gustavo is.

Weaker than Martinez?

Why you always speak so much without any idea? makes me sick.

What do you mean? I have seen Martinez and Gustavo a lot, i know exactly what I am talking about. Of course Gustavo is not as strong as Javi Martinez....

He is not particularly strong for a DM either. His strength might be more than enough for Bundesliga. But in the EPL he has to face Yaya Toure. Lol according to google search, yaya toure is one kg lighter than Gustavo. Everyone can see Yaya is twice the size Gustavo is.

Yaya: 189cm 90kg

Gustavo: 187cm 80kg

Luiz Gustavo: "I want to stay on at Bayern Munich. I am under contract with the club and I want to fulfil that commitment. I have been in a position to fight for a first team role throughout my career. I will keep on fighting this year, too."

Well thats not very good for any team who wants him, but i guess Pep will decide if he wants him in the squad or not. Find it hard to belive he'll want to sell him though... they are playing 4-3-3 so they need CM's.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You